Player
    Character
    Osric Arkwright
    World
    Ridill
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

help with dungeons, trials needed to complete MSQ

I'm new to all of this I have been trying to complete cape westport dungeon for the MSQ for the past 4 days using duty finder, I'm on Ridill server, any suggestions? I know there are many things I'm missing, any help will be appreciated! Thank You!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    What exactly are you having trouble with? I would expect the Duty Finder to match you with 7 other players who outgear Cape Westwind so much that they could complete it with only half the party.

As a new PLD with weaker gear, it would probably be easiest if you went with Sword Oath up attacking the main boss, but checking behind you for the adds that spawn later. When they show up, switch to Shield Oath and try to pick up as many of them as you can. Use Provoke to grab any that you can't easily get hate on, and use defensive abilities once you have them on you. Also, at that point stay out of the fire and away from the boss. You may not be able to get any enemies to focus on you if some of the players you're matched with have better L50 gear or are >L50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Are you queuing in DF with the JP language setting enabled (other languages are EN, DE, and FR) ? Ridill is located in Japan so it's technically a JP primary-language server, although it does have a sizeable Aussie and Kiwi population who have EN game settings.

If you're not queuing with JP players, that may be why queues take much longer than normal for you (and why you can't find a second tank). Running DF as a tank is almost always instantaneous, or less than 5 minutes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Anova; 03-08-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Having formerly been on Ridill from the original version of FFXIV (1.0) until the end of 2014 when I moved to Balmung, I can honestly say Ridill's English-speaking population is actually very small, which is the reason I transferred with my friends and family. So as Anova said setting Duty Finder for multiple languages (particularly JP) will help a lot in getting a party for your main scenario trials and dungeons - setting it for 'FR' (French) and 'DE' (German) may also help, but there probably is not a lot of players from those regions playing on the JP server group.

Don't despair though! Keep trying and hopefully you should succeed in this (otherwise the only alternative would be to find an English-speaking Free Company who may be able to run you through it as an 'undermanned' and 'uncapped' battle where you wouldn't need to use the DF. Failing that, if you did not mind paying for it you could transfer to another server, such as one in the NA region, as you should get a party far more quickly there. But it's up to you.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 03-08-2016 at 11:32 PM.