Player
    Character
    Mataya Tempestmoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Home sweet Home

I was very happy(and still am) to hear about housing in Yoshi's latest translated post. The bit of information was very promising but brought up more questions I hope they can answer soon.

It sounds as if we will have an entire house type structure, not just a one hole for everyone to enter based off the constructions options in the post. This is very exciting but gives me more questions as to how it is going to be implemented and the options we will have.

How will these houses/flats/villas what ever you want to call them be accessed? If these are going to be stand alone buildings I would imagine we would have to have some kind of new community zones for them. The thought of them just being placed anywhere in the current open world does not seem realistic. That is based on the current map set up, and the fact that they are being redone into smaller zones. I am picturing a housing district instance in which you enter for each city with a large map full of streets and housing lots to place your home. I think if done properly this would be ideal.

So that is one thought on my mind but also what kind of options will we have. As we have seen there will be different construction materials for walls and roofs and what not, will we be able to increase the size of our housing?, can we invite people into our house? Can anyone just walk into your house uninvited?

Maybe Houses will be located in new Open company instances? if so same question of can you invite people into your house if they are not in your company.

I am not even going to touch on the ship or airship building because a thousand thoughts and dreams float through my mind on that.

What does everyone else think?

Housing is the single most important thing I have been waiting for since release, Eorzea is finally going to be "Home"!

Thank you SE
    (5)
    Last edited by Tempestmoon; 11-10-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Definitely should be awesome. I think the most interesting thing will be the added yard for crafter/harvester activities. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

Player
    Character
    Mataya Tempestmoon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    For sure, Raising Choco chicks in our back yard while harvesting plants...what could be better then that. Going to be all kinds of content without leaving our mog house

I am leveling up my Carp now!
    (1)

Player
    I hope there is a kitchen, bathroom, and training room. My character has had to poop for over a year now.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    To'lohk Nunh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Time to start hoarding gil! I'm really excited about all of this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestmoon View Post
    How will these houses/flats/villas what ever you want to call them be accessed? If these are going to be stand alone buildings I would imagine we would have to have some kind of new community zones for them. The thought of them just being placed anywhere in the current open world does not seem realistic. That is based on the current map set up, and the fact that they are being redone into smaller zones. I am picturing a housing district instance in which you enter for each city with a large map full of streets and housing lots to place your home. I think if done properly this would be ideal.
    If the world was big enough, we could all have our homes in the open world inside different City-states or Hamlets (or player only hamlets). Obviously, it would be the best, but it is unlikely due to restrictions on the maps, etc.
    I believe the alternative, if open world housing is not possible, is the housing district you spoke of (rather than instanced rooms like the moghouses in FFXI).

Having a big instanced zone for each city-state or hamlet with the player's houses would be really great. The difficulty I foresee is having 100 or 200 player's houses display in a single area. The work around for this might be something similar to the market wards, instanced neighbourhoods.

You get your home in a specific neighbourhood with a limited number of houses (15? 20? 30?) displayed. Your neighbourhood could either be static or dynamic (or something else).

In a static neighbourhood, the player picks any available house in any instance neighbourhood of his city-state or hamlet. Your neighbours are other random players or friends that got the chance to find a house available in the neighbourhood. So, basically, you have the same neighbours all the time unless a character is deleted, then the house of that player becomes available again (either for a new player to pick or someone else to switch neighbourhood).

In a dynamic neighbourhood, the player's neighbourhood is his own. Each player has its own neighbourhood and they get to pick which house of which player is displayed in their neighbourhood. So, every player's neighbourhood is uniquely composed of different houses they handpicked themselves and can change it as they see fit. That way, you could have only your friend's houses to be displayed. But, obviously, having your friend's house in your neighbourhood doesn't mean he has yours in his. That would make walking the street of your neighbourhood a lonely experience since you have to invite people in your instance neighbourhood to walk it down with you.

Hopefully, we can get something as close as possible to open world housing (and not housing only in a city-state, having your house in a hamlet instead can be quite lovely too).
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Sponge Bob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Sounds like a nightmare.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    Sounds like a nightmare.
    You must be jelly....fishing
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loridion Lenchvire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    If it works anything like harvest moon where i can just pull out my Tool of choice and spend a few minutes to an hour a day enjoying harvesting/nurturing/watering then yes i would love the thought of doing these functions not playing a minigame hoping i watered my plants the correct way hoping my bar reaches 100%.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    it was mentioned before, I think in one of the community interviews that it would be instanced housing districts.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast