Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlyx View Post
    u cant meld MND.
    This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has had dealings with materia in the past. For every major piece of gear, the primary stat materia (strength, vitality, mind etc) is at its maximum value by default. In fact, the only exception to this is some NQ gear, where you can meld main stat materia only up to the value of the HQ gear.

Combine this with the fact that main-stat materia can no longer be used in forbidden melds and it's basically worthless these days.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saphiri Rahn
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlyx View Post
    there are caps yeah ...hailstorm chest

30 cap for det
    and 106 for crit , acc and spell speed

u cant meld MND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has had dealings with materia in the past. For every major piece of gear, the primary stat materia (strength, vitality, mind etc) is at its maximum value by default. In fact, the only exception to this is some NQ gear, where you can meld main stat materia only up to the value of the HQ gear.

Combine this with the fact that main-stat materia can no longer be used in forbidden melds and it's basically worthless these days.
    Thank you both for the info. ^_^ It keeps me from making a mistake in what I am saving up for to add to the gear. It also makes me wonder if it is even worth it to add the materia to it though as it takes quite a bit of any secondary stat to really have much an effect compared to the main stat. I mean it would take adding the same secondary stat to each piece to really have a noticeable difference right?
    (0)
    Last edited by Tchaktuli; 03-03-2016 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Need a Post Limit Break!

Greetings,

When you upgrade Allagan tomestone of lore gear, you turn in the original piece of gear (with materia attached) in exchange for a brand-new piece of gear which means that any materia melded to that gear will be lost in the exchange.
    (31)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

When you upgrade Allagan tomestone of lore gear, you turn in the original piece of gear (with materia attached) in exchange for a brand-new piece of gear which means that any materia melded to that gear will be lost in the exchange.
    Good to know. Likely wont meld anything else until I have it upgraded then
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Good to know. Likely wont meld anything else until I have it upgraded then
    It wouldn't hurt to throw some cheap materia on. (Like III's or IV's, depending on your definition of "cheap")
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CGMidlander View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to throw some cheap materia on. (Like III's or IV's, depending on your definition of "cheap")
    Guess I should have been specific. I meant V's
    Yeah, I'll still meld tier 3 or 4's whatever's cheap
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchaktuli View Post
    Thank you both for the info. ^_^ It keeps me from making a mistake in what I am saving up for to add to the gear. It also makes me wonder if it is even worth it to add the materia to it though as it takes quite a bit of any secondary stat to really have much an effect compared to the main stat. I mean it would take adding the same secondary stat to each piece to really have a noticeable difference right?
    That really depends on how you look at it. The difference can't be so big that you're essentially required not only to meld all of your gear, but to specifically meld it for DPS. There are options. It takes approximately 43 crit to increase your critical hit rate (and damage) by about 1%. That's a bit more often than every 5 savage aim IV and close to every 3.5 savage aim V.

To shave .01 seconds off your GCD you'd need ~26.5 skill/spell speed (about 3 tier IV materia or slightly more than 2 tier V). This can be useful for potentially fitting in another attack during a buff duration or requiring just a bit less time to cast before dodging, etc.

You could, of course, use some materia slots as a safety net by adding VIT. Sure people will tell you that it's unnecessary and not at all optimal, but it's an option. Piety might also work out for some jobs and healers can certainly benefit from accuracy if they want to DPS. I'm not really sure about DET at this point, but I don't think it's nearly as potent as it used to be (pre-3.0).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Guess I should have been specific. I meant V's
    Yeah, I'll still meld tier 3 or 4's whatever's cheap
    You won't be upgrading that gear for quite a long time so no reason to be cheap about it honestly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAreku View Post
    You won't be upgrading that gear for quite a long time so no reason to be cheap about it honestly.
    Only if you are a billionare or someone who does diadem 2 times a day xD

Its 18 slots or more. You really need a hell of a time and still people may have to buy some ones.

Only super rich players will be able to get and throw materia V like it was nothing..

ADVICE: grade IV savage aim gives 9 and V gives 12, thats nothing. Use the IV until you upgraded to 240
    (5)
    Last edited by Frederick22; 03-04-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Evil Kitten
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I think I'll still use those V or IV on the gear as considering it's so easy to obtain now, although it's kinda annoying, it wouldn't be too difficult to meld them with the same materia again.

Was hoping it would stay put upon upgrade :/
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast