Player
    Character
    Janyxea Snow
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60

Renewed Request - Please Delete Parry from the game

OK. I'm fine with the 3.2 tank changes. But you know the thing I absolutely hate about 3.2? That now, because we want VIT instead of STR, we are pressured to wear terribly designed fending gear that has loads of parry on it. I hate parry, I find it an annoying an unnecessary stat, and I wish it were just GONE. I don't even want it to be fixed. I want it to just be taken out back, shot in the head, and it's body dumped in the river. Then just write some algorithm to revert all instances of parry on gear into appropriate crit, acc, ss, or det.

I'm OK having to stack a certain amount of ACC, that's fine- but couple ACC caps with worthless parry stats and you just have no cohesive way of stacking stats to your benefit. I feel like my gear is a hodge-podge of incoherent stats, with no way for me to hit acc cap (without blowing over it), while still maintaining 9hit Berserk in SS, and a decent amount of det and crit.

Please SE, I'm begging you. JUST GET RID OF PARRY. PLEASE.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Syzygia Coahcuhhar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Like, I get it, Parry is unreliable, doesn't contribute to DPS, etc...

But why the seething, vicious, homicidal hatred? its just a stat.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I would love to see parry implemented as a weapon property, in the same way that block strength and rate are properties on shields. But for practical purposes, I'm not really expecting them to implement an overhaul of it mid-expansion.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygian View Post
    Like, I get it, Parry is unreliable, doesn't contribute to DPS, etc...

But why the seething, vicious, homicidal hatred? its just a stat.
    Because the people who make items put it on everything like it "is" a real stat, when its not.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Syzygia Coahcuhhar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    Because the people who make items put it on everything like it "is" a real stat, when its not.
    Its not?

what's that in between Defense and Magic Defense there then?

Also there's this: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/SWKF I dunno about the other tanks, but an i240+ set with 0 parry is possible on DRK if that's your thing. If you don't like Parry, don't wear it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Syzygian; 03-01-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Its not?

what's that in between Defense and Magic Defense there then?
    Except those stats do something, Parry is about 2% as effective as those stats.

Now, I am not saying there shouldn't be a "tank stat" but I think it should you know, "do something." that isn't nothing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nektulos-Tuor; 03-01-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Player
    Character
    Syzygia Coahcuhhar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Parry does a better job at being a stat than your posts do at offering anything to these forums.

Seriously, you don't even participate in content where secondary stats make a difference, in fact you've proudly declared as much on these forums in the past (with quite the condescending attitude towards those of us who do, I might add).
    (28)
    Last edited by Syzygian; 03-01-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Parry does a better job at being a stat than your posts do at offering anything to these forums.

Seriously, you don't even participate in content where secondary stats make a difference, in fact you've proudly declared as much on these forums in the past (with quite the condescending attitude towards those of us who do, I might add).
    My post reduces more damage then parry does.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Belmont Blanc
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Now, I am not saying there shouldn't be a "tank stat" but I think it should you know, "do something." that isn't nothing.
    Syz replied to OP on the point that OP don't want parry to be fixed, just kill it. Not for the point that he don't like ppl who hate parry. What's your point, really.
    (4)

Character
    Eonkhui Malaguld
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I second deleting parry from the game, but unlike others I have an actual reason:

Tank's suffer poor gearing choices in order to maximize stats while avoiding parry.

On accessories for tanks this cycle, every accessory that gives accuracy also does not give parry. So, immediately we have 4 accessories we do not want, because they are parry rich.

If parried damage scaled with parry stat, it would be much better defensively. Until then, it is simply a stat which limits tanking gearing paths with it's undesirable nature.
    (4)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast