Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89

QoL Suggestion - Marketboard Partial Name Searches

In some other games I've played, when you used the search function at the Marketboard and entered a space, the game didn't assume that any words prior to the very last were completed versions and instead ran them as partials where applicable. In other words, it made searching for a specific item a lot easier by allowing minimal typing.

So for example, let's imagine that the following items exist:
    -Linen Wedge Cap of Crafting
    -Linen Wedge Cap of Gathering
    -Linen Wedge Cap of Dancing
    -Linen Wedge Cap of Prancing

(And assume that there's a lot more to crowd the results list when the final word is omitted)

If you wanted to find the Crafting one alone via the search bar, at present you would have to type a minimum of: "Linen Wedge Cap of C" to ensure the other listed results were not retrieved as a result of only the final word is treated as a partial. Whereas if all words, however, were instead treated as potential partials, then any of the following would present the specific result without producing a wall of other items.

"L W C O C" (first letters of each word)

"L W C O Craft" (extra specificity on final word)

"Lin Wed Ca O C" (extra specificity on a multitude of words)

Any of those three examples would present the same result. Naturally, the first is the easiest and most desirable, though in situations where other items have similar beginnings/endings etc, you can add some extra specificity as shown to reduce the retrieved listings.

To give another example:

-Golden Chain
    -Golden Chandelier
    -Golden Crank
    -Golden Labrador

Typing "G C" alone would present the first three results and typing "G Cha" would present the first two, however, if you wanted the first result only, then "G Chai" would be sufficient to erase all other results you're familiar with and have minimal market clutter to search through without having to type entire names each time. It also helps when you remember part of an item's name, but not the entirety.

Apologies if my explanations were very unclear or even over-explained. I had the impression that it was something easy to misunderstand if described vaguely.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    it would be enough if the searches were not limited to first word.
    E.g. I want to find glamour prisms, I search for "Glamour" and get the results.

Currently I need to know to search for "Grade 1 Glamour" to get my results.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Ahh, that's another thing that always bothered me. I forgot about that, haha ;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    If we could search for any part of the name (ie, 'soil' would give all soils) and we could use the search for category (write the search term and hit category, like 'wood') I'd be rather happy. Even in the first posters case, if you searched for "crafting" and hit for head gear, you'd get more results but in most cases the choises are not that numerous and are easier to tell apart. Now if I want to search for "ramie" wanting all ramie materials I either can look into the cloth category and go through huge list, or search for word "ramie" and get every armor piece with that name, along the materials I was looking for.
    (1)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Greetings,

I'm pleased to say that ability to search the market board using partial names is currently planned for Patch 3.3!
    (39)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Calypso Celeste
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Greetings,

I'm pleased to say that ability to search the market board using partial names is currently planned for Patch 3.3!
    I can already feel my hair growing back, thank you!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kvietok Cholla
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Greetings,

Awesome! This will make my life so much easier!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowyne Olde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Greetings,

O.O

One of the best QoL features ever!

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Finally. Missing a capital letter is enough to void my searching on the MB currently. Oh well. It turned me into a better typist I guess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Katrisa Ashe
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 80
    Thank the baby chocobos. You have no idea what its like being in an FC of 200+ active people while trying to cover crafting orders. People bring me the strangest crap to make sometimes out of patch cycle... garlandtools.org has been my savior... but partial Marketboard Searches <3 <3 <3
    (0)
    Mama Kat of Terra Salis on Ultros: http://terrasalis.guildwork.com/
    My Youtube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/KatrisaAshe/videos
    Terra Magazine Articles - http://goo.gl/t7mwll

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast