Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    There's at least 3 people on my server named "Kenshin Himura" (with various spellings) and at least 1 retainer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
    My name is from an anime and you have no clue how many people keep asking me if my name is from final fantasy! My name is Magnificent Steiner from MONSTER! >.<
    That series is so, so good
    On the list of "things people apparently overlooked" along with Michiko and Hatchin
    (1)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    I'm one of those people who eye roll a little when they notice it. I'm okay with funny names and such but I can't help but wonder why when I see "Daenerys Targaryen" - or any butchered alternative - roaming about. Albeit, what bothers me most are NPCs, especially if it's one I actually like and that person is treating it as though they are their own OC.

I like Y'shtola. You are not Y'shtola.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    A'ver Snow
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Knahli View Post
    I'm one of those people who eye roll a little when they notice it. I'm okay with funny names and such but I can't help but wonder why when I see "Daenerys Targaryen" - or any butchered alternative - roaming about. Albeit, what bothers me most are NPCs, especially if it's one I actually like and that person is treating it as though they are their own OC.

I like Y'shtola. You are not Y'shtola.
    My FC is actually full of people who do this. A lot of people in my FC just created alts and started naming them after the Scions and other important characters.

We have a:

Haurchefant Senpai
    Ser Aymeric
    Scion Y'shtola
    Antecedent Minfilia
    Inspector Hildibrand

I think it's great.
    (0)

Player

My main's name I got it from slavic mythology and then after I saw various characters with that name I remembered ................................ that that name was used in Trinity blood. My Alt has an Xaela lore name but she isn't an au ra anymore <o<;

Tho on my server there is Princess Serenity, I saw also Prince Enymion; as somewhere before there are tons of Kiritos....

Edit: forgot in DF I saw Kaede Rukawa, Derek Hale, Nick Fury.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Millerna Astor
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    My main (Millerna Astor) has a name from an anime (I did change 1 letter in her last name, just because I thought it sounded better than the original), although apparently the anime is too old for a lot of players to have seen it, so not that many actually know about it

My alt's name (Jennet Mucklehoney) is a name I've used since Dark Age of Camelot many years ago. It's a real life first name and a last name I took from 1 of my guild members in DAoC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mel Az
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Nothing makes me cringe more than characters named after pop culture figures. Or any figure for that matter. If I got a penny for every Stark, Highwind or Naruto I've seen I'd be rich.

On the other hand, my last name came from this cutie:

OH WELL
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Akashi Mousai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I occasionally get asked if my name is supposed to be a spin on Kakashi from Naruto, which I kindly decline. I've been using Akashi since I was 10ish, since my grandma showed me a bridge from Tokyo with the same name. Since then I used it for my female characters in PSO, FFXI, my tag for Smash tournaments, and now for 14 as well. It's a bit awkward that my character's gender is male, and Akashi is a girl's name, but eh, I still find it endearing. On the lore side of things, his last name is Mousai (goddess of fortune/music) and he's a Bard. :s
    (0)
    Last edited by AkashiXI; 02-15-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I'm guilty of doing the same thing on rare occasions but I do have a full name I always use in other games. My current name, I'm surprised many on my server, don't know where it's from. If I do use an anime name, it will always be from a very minor character or a highly unknown character because I hate having the same name as everyone else.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mel Az
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Ooooh I remember seeing a Yugi Muto running around, that was kind of cute.
    (1)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast