Player
    Character
    Lem Ayase
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Crazy latency for a lot of users (7/8 of my linkshells) on Tonberry... no maintenance

There's been crazy ping issues with a lot of people on tonberry and the amount of people its affecting is increasing by the day... I keep thinking it's my internet connection and contacting Square enix, ISP's, etc, only to be told it's just an issue with your servers... Tried 3 different connections (my home ADSL, mobile 4G, and neighbour who plays has run a ping test on his Fibre) prior to this I was getting 106ms tops, now i get 550-700, neighbour got 180, now gets 500-570. We're on 2 different providers. Already ruled out the Exchange (Friend on another exchange has the same problem) and the people being affected on tonberry are all in different countries (Phillipines, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, USA), it's not 100% of everyone, but its gone from 10%ish to now 70%ish of the people in my linkshells, which are 100+ people besides one.

My ping is fine to every other server on the same data center, just not tonberry. My ping is also better to NA servers than to tonberry, this is very strange, i have tried 3 different modem/routers, tried switching cat4/5 cables, tried wifi (AC and 2.4), nothing.

I have also tried two different systems to rule out adapters problems.

Edit: Better context/format and updated ping.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lemage; 02-11-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lem Ayase
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Wanting to add; I live in australia, and I am currently getting better ping on NA and EU servers than on JP....
    (0)
    I likely won't see your replies to my posts so if it's important, /tell Lem Ayase@Kujata .

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    My connection has been solid from Australia, not heard anyone in any of my Tonberry LSs complaining.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lem Ayase
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Mmm. well its happening right now, an entire group im in is spiking and we're all from AU and SG. (3 members use wtfast, 1 battleping, rest nothing, personally I use nothing but I tried battle ping and its not helping either) I'm getting better ping to OTHER worlds on the same data center, and to sargatanas (an NA server) so there's definitely something up. this ranges from Telstra, Optus, iiNet, Cable, Fibre, ADSL, and 4G. Tried using a tunnel to see if it would help, it didn't. It still gives me "Ping spiking" from Tonberry only.
    (0)
    I likely won't see your replies to my posts so if it's important, /tell Lem Ayase@Kujata .

Player
    Character
    Desk Catt
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    Been having terrible ping spikes too. I can't even play MNK properly, since skills won't go off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aeruu Fon'home
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I'm experiencing this problem as well. It started about 3 weeks ago when during peak times I'd get crazy lag spikes from 4pm to 11pm GMT+8 (from the Philippines btw). There was one week where it got so bad, I was lagging even when it's non-peak hours. I thought it was my connection (my fiber connection weeps at 600ms+ I got) so I tried ADSL and LTE (different ISPs) but I was still lagging. Then I switched to my alts on NA servers (Excalibur and Adamantoise both on 160-240ms) and it was okay, I even considered transferring. I tried pinging other JP servers as well but it was only from Tonberry and Ramuh (which shares the same IP) that I was getting 600ms+.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There is a major undersea cable breakdown that is seriously affecting routes/latency/pings from AU to Asia. ISPs will be affected differently, but it has taken out the most direct route to JP. http://www.iinet.net.au/status/4576043. It started last Friday, I saw pings go from 110 -> 280. Looking like a month (or more) in the wilderness
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lem Ayase
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That fixes my issue, but gustav is from brazil :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    His ISP may still take the Guam route. Slow going on the cable fix, latest reports are the repair boat won't even be into position intil March 3rd
    (0)