Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Ah, do not misunderstand. I usually roll my eyes just as quick as the people who complain about early pullers. But as I said, I wish for people to understand both sides of the sentiment - that there are extremes that exist on both sides, and both sides are, to me - equally as bad.

It may be a phenomena that is unique to Balmung, but there is an entire Linkshell devoted to pulling 'as soon as they get there' - they puropsely announce it in shout as they pull in an effort to antagonize people, and they do their best to make their presence known as much as possible. They're trolls, pure and simple.

You have people like this, who do no hunting, who revel in the fact that they pull before people can get there on the back of the actual hunters.

There are plenty of individuals from both end that epitomize that toxicity. I really wish we just had mutual respect from both sides.

Edit1: I want to add something, and forgive me for doing it after the fact.

I want to say I've been subjected to the 'this guy is an early puller' bull as well, so I am not unsympathetic with people on either side. I have been called an early puller, simply because I am a WAR using full-STR and I prime my Maim off the nearby wildlife before the pull (Thus securing me in a threat lead at the very start.)

I find it disgusting when people use those macro's that run by <tt>, And I'll often call them out and point out that no, I didnt' pull the mob. Yes, I'm holding threat on it. Some of these people need to put the pitchforks away. But at the same token, some of the people who are in a hury to try and pull the mob for whatever reason need to learn a bit of patience.

Pulling ASAP doesn't really serve anyone except the self/the people in the immediate area. That's fine in its own way, but it doesn't really help anyone. The people who want for a delay on the pulls, do want a better community - but it's clear they often don't understand that to build a strong community you have to start with yourself, as can be seen from the sheer amount of virtriol they spout.
    While I don't believe we have a LS for that on Jenova, back in ARR, there was a third rate raid FC that used to do it, since they couldn't make a name for themselves raiding. They went the way of the dodo though. Now we usually just have one or two sad people at a time who do it for attention. Even they are getting desperate though, people are stopping responding to them, so one of them recently tried to start trade spamming people as they tried to tele away from hunts they early pulled. That entered into actual griefing territory though, and I was able to report them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pentiki Mahougami
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    People need to get real. I've got plenty of jobs leveled. I don't even announce hunts. I let people in my linkshell (there's one on Balmung who pulls when they get there) and perhaps a few people in Teamspeak or FC chat know. Then I switch to whichever role is lacking between a healer and a tank, and pull as soon as there's a healer and a tank(+basic ability cooldown if I had to switch). If there's a healer and a tank already there, then i play as a DPS.

The reality is that 4 players at level 50 (and there are many at level 60, of course) can take down an S rank with minimal problems if they know how the monster behaves.

Please to ban me from all your linkshells and whatever stuck up entitled groups you're running that whine about hunts going down before the whole server logs in to get a hit in from everyone with an account.

Square, since everyone wants it to be fair, let's be fair to the mob. When it sees an avalanche of players coming, have it run away.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okami Amaterasuu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Takophiliac View Post
    Snippity snap
    I tend to make my own party with eos my attack chocobo and me all forming a triangle around said mob. I get called selfish for trying to solo an A rank by myself since everyone on the server is apparently entitled to full credit for every A rank to ever live, but eh, I find it more fun to solo them, it's just not the same when they die in a matter of seconds.

It would be pretty funny if hunts despawned if enough players gathered in the area around the hunt though, anything to make hunts more like hunts and not a sea of zombies swarming a monster.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lilli Karani
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    What a great idea. The huntmob gets in fear an dissappear, when to many people get close to them.
    (1)

Lilli Karani: http://de.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1544709/
    Shinka Kisaragi: http://de.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/10810955/
    Meine kleine Videosammlung: https://www.youtube.com/user/KSVideo100

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    That would be epic - too many people and mob runs away!
    (0)
    (super serious)I don't know what to put here so I've put this here as a placeholder until I figure it out.(super serious)
    Recruitment code if you are starting out: FTB8JBQ5

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9