Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kylrin Arresard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    As always, my comment on this topic is sitting in my signature...
    (0)
    The sum of all hunt arguments over early pullers: http://goo.gl/IFT9IE

Player
    Character
    C'eleanor Greywolfe
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    The GM has the right of it. Hunts are first come first serve they aren't meant to be done with half the server, if you want to avoid losing out on the rewards then actually scout for the hunts yourself.

Because of this there is no such thing as early pulling.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fohl Hakuko
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    As much as I hate early pulls (like, when it's called out and I get there in less than a minute and they killed it and I'm with a large pack of players all coming) I have to agree with everyone here. It's not against any rules for them to pull it. The only way to curb that behavior is that no one else helps them and lets them die. But people panic when pulls happen and don't want to miss out, so they join to maximize their rewards (thus enabling). But early pullers really only need a few to help them unless it's a particularly hard hunt, which is why everyone just joins anyways. It's unfortunate, but nothing can be done except if you're server sets something up themselves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okami Amaterasuu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    For the most lart I tend to say the mob is there in shout, wait a couple minutes, then begin soloing it on my Scholar. If it's a HW A rank I get together a light party to kill it.

When I find A ranks nobody tends to show up because they're waiting for their hunting linkshells to announce its location.

Also if the A rank is Maracco I probably won't wait since he's my mortal enemy ever since he killed me when I was questing. So I solo him everytime I see him.

Personally I find hunts way more enjoyable when it's a small group of people fighting the mob or when I'm solo.

After all, it's a hunt, pretty sure most hunters don't wait for 300 other hunters to show up before killing their target.

Also I find it hilarious when I kill an A rank and suddenly everyone and their mom is like "invite for hunt" in shout and a bunch of people show up to admire the empty spot where I waged an epic battle against an A rank mob.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dogempire; 02-10-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I've done it before as a Ninja I used Hide and got close up to the monster. Once a lot of people gathered, I used Trick Attack on it, flagged the monster (got credit), and people helped killed it. It was fun :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nazreen Eby
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogempire View Post
    For the most lart I tend to say the mob is there in shout, wait a couple minutes, then begin soloing it on my Scholar. If it's a HW A rank I get together a light party to kill it.

When I find A ranks nobody tends to show up because they're waiting for their hunting linkshells to announce its location.

Also if the A rank is Maracco I probably won't wait since he's my mortal enemy ever since he killed me when I was questing. So I solo him everytime I see him.

Personally I find hunts way more enjoyable when it's a small group of people fighting the mob or when I'm solo.

After all, it's a hunt, pretty sure most hunters don't wait for 300 other hunters to show up before killing their target.

Also I find it hilarious when I kill an A rank and suddenly everyone and their mom is like "invite for hunt" in shout and a bunch of people show up to admire the empty spot where I waged an epic battle against an A rank mob.
    Exactly doing hunts "as intended" in small groups is actually fun compared to the grind most people make out of it. Soloed Marrocao at the weekend on my WAR and usually 2 man them with a FC mate if noone cares after a shout.
    Loved how in N. Than. had lately someone shout out the A while was mining so I stopped and went there and informed my FC mate. There been 5 people waiting that went away before my friend arrived (assuming other hunt). It had been 8 mins since the first shout and 5 min since they left when we 2 man pulled. During the kill they came back at 30% using /say "Nice steal"... like lol you went away didn't you?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagihi View Post
    well first of all IF you don't hunt sitting afk waiting for somone to text in linkshell about spawn its ur self to blame.
    IF you hunt party you maybe be first on spot to do w/e you want.

People may call it greedy but its hunt afterall. If i miss one then its my own fault sitting semi afk testing glamour on marketboard..
    Do you really hunt? What you describe isn't reality on my server!
    If you are active hunting you are on the disadvantage because before you reach the hunt its already dead. It happens very often that you can not reach it in time because you were on other side of the map. Active hunting means to search for it and it will not spawn in front of you!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutz View Post
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player
    Character
    Hrothgar Grulag
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Being on a small server, it gets noticed when the consistently same people early pull (one has been blackballed from a majority of hunt link shells). I am not an advocate of standing around for 10 minutes while people gather to a spot. I'm also not a fan of a hunt being called (for location) and people pulling as soon as they get there (less than a minute after location shout).
    (2)

Character
    Iagainsti Kilamanjiro
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiIvaniskavich View Post
    Being on a small server, it gets noticed when the consistently same people early pull (one has been blackballed from a majority of hunt link shells). I am not an advocate of standing around for 10 minutes while people gather to a spot. I'm also not a fan of a hunt being called (for location) and people pulling as soon as they get there (less than a minute after location shout).

Kookz jumps to mind xD

Side note, 2.x hunts are fair game, Like i'll call out an S rank because of the points and ease of killing with more people, but A ranks, I just solo them at this point. Example, yesterday caught Zanigoh while doing my tribe dailies and he was deep in Zaharak, by the Ifrit aetheryte. Sorry, but definitely not waiting for people to come there xD solo'd.

HW hunts I'll always call out, because they're not soloable(I've tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) and I have this weird hope to see everyone on Zalera flying a Wyvern.
    (0)
    Last edited by Iagainsti; 02-10-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    The GM is right. Hunts are not reserved. Anyone can attack a hunt. You cannot expect 1 person to wait for you. Even though its common courtesy it still is a hunt. There is no in game rule stating you have to wait until everyone has arrived before attacking the hunt.

My advise would be to get in as many hunt ls as possible, that way you will always be notified well in advance.
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast