Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Belmont Blanc
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Reporting player who played content as intended... srsly...
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Well, think of it this way. You are a actual hunter in a actual jungle... If someone shoots the deer you saw first or scares it away... That guy is a jerk, but it's not like the police are going to arrest him.

NPCs aren't owned by anyone. They own themselves if anything and have programming to defend themselves... :x

If they had to police the issue though, I'd prefer some magical moogle police come and carry way the people being jerks and tickle their feet with feathers for a few hours. That would work. Unless they enjoy that sort of thing...

The way this game has worked since 2.0 launch has been that it goes to who it goes to. For instance, i remember the fleece farming off sheep at launch was freaking brutal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yukihko Kuroshima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Why couldnt they just add NMs from 1.x ?
    S-Ranks die within 1 Minute with less than 16 players atting... its a joke!
    The fix didnt help anything, do they even monitor the situation or have they already given up on hunts?
    To think in diadem it would be different, who was responsible for that bad idea?!
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutz View Post
    Naja ich hab einfach gemerkt, dass man mit Mut und Freundlichkeit viel weiter kommt und den Menschen eine Freude macht :3
    Weißt du, wenn wir alle an einem Strang hier im Forum ziehen, dann kommen wir einfach so viel weiter und stärken die gesammte Community <3

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Everybody has the rights to kill any monster in the game. Early pullers didn't do anything wrong.

You're too slow. Get over it.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Ashkendor Zahirr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFahlen View Post
    and so you mean to reset is to disrupting other players. but it is not disrupting other players then you pull befor no one is ther so it is only 4 who get it and like 8 players becioms mad for they dont get anyting for that person pulled then they were on the way
    Hunts are open world mobs and while it may be more socially acceptable to wait for others and share them, players are actually under no obligation to do so. "Early pulling" doesn't disrupt anyone. If you weren't fast enough to get to the hunt, that's not the fault of the people that are already there fighting the hunt mob. In many cases, it's the fault of the player themselves for going to the wrong teleport (i.e. the mob spawns near Mist but they teleported to Moraby). If you miss a hunt, you just have to try and find the most efficient way to get around so you can be faster getting to the next one. Honestly, most of the people that I see whining about early pulling don't even hunt anyway. I can player search them at any given time and see them sitting and crafting in town or something. It's even funnier when they whine about not making it to rarer S ranks like Nunyunuwi when they basically have to be actively ignoring an hour's worth of FATE grinding, shouting, and Party Finders saying the dang thing is gonna spawn.

Resetting a hunt, on the other hand, actively disrupts combat for everyone that's already there and engaged with the mob. If successful, it completely erases whatever credit they've earned on it, plus it almost always adds more people into the mix. This is unfair to the people that were already there. For example, I go on Warrior and pop Unchained + Berserk to ensure maximum credit even when solo. When someone resets the mob, I don't have those cooldowns back and my ability to generate aggro is vastly diminished. If I'm solo or in a smaller party, I may not get full credit when it's re-engaged as a result.
    (8)
    Last edited by Ashkendor; 02-09-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lhei Fox
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFahlen View Post
    peppole ninja pulling hunts ..
    well first of all IF you don't hunt sitting afk waiting for somone to text in linkshell about spawn its ur self to blame.
    IF you hunt party you maybe be first on spot to do w/e you want.

People may call it greedy but its hunt afterall. If i miss one then its my own fault sitting semi afk testing glamour on marketboard..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Choco Feru
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I've heard that on JP servers, people just auto-attacks while tank/healers builds aggro, so everyone gets bonus and fight lasts long enough for everyone.

That's why I always go as healer, to spamm AoE healing and get full reward instead of killing it faster :S
    (4)

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/chocoferu/
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ChocoFeru

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangela View Post
    Everybody has the rights to kill any monster in the game. Early pullers didn't do anything wrong.

You're too slow. Get over it.
    It's a bit more complicated than that. Most people don't have the time to wait around or explore the game world in the hope that maybe there's a A or S rank lurking in the area. With that in mind it's not unfair to consider it good sportsmanship to call out the location and give people 5-10 minutes to gather and assault it.

It makes for a more pleasant experience overall - and it's very telling that it's the norm over on the Japanese servers but not on the EU and NA servers. It'd be interesting to learn if the developers themselves play on the NA/EU servers to see how the method of players tackling content differs compared to over on the Japanese servers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Night Sky
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoFeru View Post
    I've heard that on JP servers, people just auto-attacks while tank/healers builds aggro, so everyone gets bonus and fight lasts long enough for everyone.

That's why I always go as healer, to spamm AoE healing and get full reward instead of killing it faster :S
    ^this

<3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Belmont Blanc
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoFeru View Post

For my server, everyone killing it normally but (almost) everyone still get full credit unless you arrive when it almost die.
    We just didn't wait for the whole server to come and slaughter it, we normally wait about 1-2 min then start for A-rank or about 4-5 parties for S-rank.

I never heard anyone complain about fast pull except when tomestone and seal is on high demand (early Anima patch for example) and some party kill 2.0 S-rank as soon as it spawn while there's a lot of parties searching for it in same map and once they arrive, it already die.
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast