Player
    Character
    Marcus Fahlen
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

ninja pulling hunts

peppole ninja pulling hunts and then i report on and i spoke to a gm and he sad he cant do anyting so i ask if i reset the hunt then he says.

We are not encouraging players to reset Hunt monsters even if they don't intend to disrupt other players' gaming time. However as explained before, since this is part of the game mechanics, and unless the suspect of a report is found guilty of purposely disrupting other players, this is not considered as a violation.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

- The FINAL FANTASY XIV Game Master Team

so i ask then

and so you mean to reset is to disrupting other players. but it is not disrupting other players then you pull befor no one is ther so it is only 4 who get it and like 8 players becioms mad for they dont get anyting for that person pulled then they were on the way
    (0)

Character
    Straigus Rheyist
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 81
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ruin Darkstride
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Do you mean a Ninja, as in the job, was pulling Hunts or do you mean someone was sneaking *like a ninja* and pulling Hunts? Either way, unless they used some sort of exploit to gain an advantage or it can be proven that they are simply pulling just to troll other players, SE isn't going to do much about it

The reality of hunts is that no one HAS to wait for everyone to gather before engaging them. Sure it's the courteous thing to do, but I'm pretty sure as far as gameplay mechanics go, Hunts are just considered free-roaming creatures that can be claimed by anyone, regardless of who set eyes on them first.

Besides, you can't wait for everyone all the time. You could sit there 10 minutes and still get someone ranting that someone pulled early.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Lindis Hrafnvandrar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstride View Post
    The reality of hunts is that no one HAS to wait for everyone to gather before engaging them. Sure it's the courteous thing to do, but I'm pretty sure as far as gameplay mechanics go, Hunts are just considered free-roaming creatures that can be claimed by anyone, regardless of who set eyes on them first.
    This. All this talk of "ninja pulling" (which I assume refers to early pulling here) just sounds like a sorry excuse for players who can't get off their butt and hunt themselves.
    (31)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iagainsti View Post
    Where's my daily baked deliciousness, Toruyna?

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I realize you're upset about this, but this section of the forum is for questions and bug reports reguarding the localization aspect of the game, not for complaining that someone didn't wait three hours to pull a mob. A more appropriate place to post about this matter would be the Hunting Log section if you wanted to reach out to people who actually care about this sort of thing, or General Discussion if you were looking to attract the maximum number of people to laugh at you over it.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It's open world content.
    There's no such thing as an early pull, or a ninja-pull as you say. There's only people that simply didn't make it in time. Any and all waiting is a courtesy. I'm not sure why you'd think a GM would enforce someone NOT to attack an idle, available mob.
    (39)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Height Error
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    People will whine about "early" pulls even if there were more people than can be rendered at once on screen at the scene.

>_>
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rena Ryuugu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    There really is no ninja pulling because as soon as its aggroed everyone charges in, doesn't matter if it was on purpose or accident. Its like wolves to the kill, only way to "stop" ninja pulls is to let the person who pulls kill themselves by not pulling aggro away or healing them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Spawnie Lionheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    hunts werent designed to wait for the whole server to arrive to kill them, they were designed for a group of people to find and kill.. so many people complain about early pulls lol
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mad Platter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFahlen View Post
    peppole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm sorry, but as I read this post, all I could think of was this.
    (4)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast