Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Altani Dotharl
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    sometimes i miss a hunt and it sucks and i complain about it because i would have liked to do it, but when you have like 20 people there to do it i don't expect them all to wait just for me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFahlen View Post
    peppole ninja pulling hunts and then i report on and i spoke to a gm and he sad he cant do anyting so i ask if i reset the hunt then he says.

We are not encouraging players to reset Hunt monsters even if they don't intend to disrupt other players' gaming time. However as explained before, since this is part of the game mechanics, and unless the suspect of a report is found guilty of purposely disrupting other players, this is not considered as a violation.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

- The FINAL FANTASY XIV Game Master Team

so i ask then

and so you mean to reset is to disrupting other players. but it is not disrupting other players then you pull befor no one is ther so it is only 4 who get it and like 8 players becioms mad for they dont get anyting for that person pulled then they were on the way
    The rules have been established log ago.

If you pull the mob with the intent of resetting it then YOU will be banned.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Saiah Brea
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Its a never ending discussion that will probably never get a solution.

The only way I can recommend how to deal with ninja pullers is by getting to the hunts before they do.

And if youre on the PS3 or a pc made out of stirring sticks and ducttape you might as well forget about it alltogether. The hunt will be dead, buried, respawned and killed again before youre done loading.
    (0)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiah View Post
    Its a never ending discussion that will probably never get a solution.
    It has been solved by SE, they have stated that pulling "early" is not an offense as per the rules of the game. There is no such thing as an "early puller" they are first come, first serve. Only thing there is, are people that didn't make it and are butt hurt, like the OP.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Saiah Brea
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilitsa View Post
    It has been solved by SE, they have stated that pulling "early" is not an offense as per the rules of the game. There is no such thing as an "early puller" they are first come, first serve. Only thing there is, are people that didn't make it and are butt hurt, like the OP.
    My point is, this can go on forever and people will never stop complaining.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Okami Amaterasuu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Just got through soloing Marracco, and with that my revenge against the dragon who killed me while I was questing is complete.
    I periodically checked Coerthas for signs of him and finally found him and killed him uninterrupted.

If someone says in shout or LS "Hey there's this A rank mob here" then you should probably wait since you're not the one who found the mob, though if you stumble across an A rank or S rank then you have every right not to say anything about its location and kill it. (Especially if you solo an S rank, if you do that then I'll be impressed)

But if you're really that desperate for A rank mobs you should be desperately running around trying to locate them before anyone else.
    (0)

Character
    Jynx Masamune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    The only drawback is socially enforced as it should be with open world content.

When hunts aren't ultra popular people can and will solo kill them with no drawback.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    If there are sufficient people to kill the hunt it. is. not. early.

There is no exception.

Taking work people did and resetting it is a disruption, being more attentive to alerts is not.

As if that was ever in doubt.
    (3)
    FFXIV Statistics and Analysis
    XIVPADS.COM
    A site which allows you to track your ingame progression,
    view your leveling speed and visualize your goals.
    Built by the inspiration and ideas of the FFXIV Community.

Player
    Character
    Yayadon Yadon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    explore the game world in the hope that maybe there's a A or S rank lurking in the area.
    That's not how most hunting is actually done, though. You don't just go around hoping to stumble upon hunts, it's pretty systematic, actually. Especially for S ranks, which need to be spawned. This is usually done by a pretty small group of players, who often do this constantly and are pretty knowledgeable about all the details, like respawn windows, spawning mechanisms, and spawn locations. On Cerberus it's probably not more than a dozen of players who spawn 80% of the S ranks.

Many of the A ranks are hunted in dedicated parties, where it's common to first announce hunts in party chat, allow everyone who helped scout to get there, and only then shout and post to linkshells. They then usually wait for 3-6 minutes depending on how long it takes to get to the location from the nearest port, then pull. Since they did 90% of the work, it's pretty unreasonable to expect them to wait for half an our until the entire server has gotten their lazy bums there. If you wanna get guaranteed credit for hunts, join a hunting party. It's a lot of fun and way more satisfying than just showing up to quickly kill something that someone else found.
    (3)
    Last edited by _slowpoke_; 02-10-2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: FIX YOUR FORUM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveva Heavensreader
    A realm where one must apologize for being a victim is no realm worth living in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Novices, on Healer DPS

Character
    Muhau Nbolo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    If there are sufficient people to kill the hunt it. is. not. early.

There is no exception.

Taking work people did and resetting it is a disruption, being more attentive to alerts is not.

As if that was ever in doubt.
    Here's a counter question for you:

What makes the people who get there on the back of someone who found it, pulling it for them before they're ready, any better? Both sides are equally just as bad in my book. I hate the whiners who complain about early pulls. I hate those who go out of their way to grief others by pulling ASAP.
    (0)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast