Player
    Character
    Takao Kami
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60

SMN pet not responding 100%

Question for people with long-term SMN experience!

Sometimes (when on OBEY) while Garuda-egi is already engaging the enemy and auto attacking, it just doesn't feel like responding to that AERIAL SLASH, CONTAGION and ENKINDLE command, even though I see the skill button lighting up and indicating that it is being pressed. My SMN mostly isn't performing any other skills during that time. So I just end up standing there, spamming one of them until they are actually executed.

Why is this happening? Am I timing it badly during a pet attack animation or? Anybody experienced this?

Usually pet skill execution works fine, but sometimes it seems like the pet is stubborn :/

Executing any of the above skills before Garuda-egi starts auto attacking is mostly instant, without the issue mentioned earlier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kogarasumaru
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Garuda usually won't respond if she's in the middle of a cast, she will refuse to cancel a cast. Its annoying, but you'll have to mash that Contagion key until the stubborn bird actually uses it.

You can put her on Steady to ensure she'll actually use it, but it does take her a while to wind back up again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraph Khalid
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Effectively what this poster said^^^.

Imagine you had 3 oGCD skills to use and you want to press them all before the next GCD, we all know that's not going to happen because skills can only be used after the animation of the previous one finishes, so you end up with some dropped commands. For reference, image you hit fester the same time you hit ruin II. One of them will chock (probably the fester) and you'll have to wait for the animation of one to finish before retrying to use the other. Same thing when you (issue the command to garuda to ) used (e.g.) contagion the same time garuda uses wind blade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ani Celestine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    The biggest problem is that there is no ability queue for pets. That would solve the unresponsiviness (ditched smn for mnk due to it's unplayable in 2.3 and haven't missed that abomination at all.
    (0)
    People need to remember that a healer's job isn't to heal HP
    but rather to prevent HP from reaching 0
    "Sent on Android device"

Player
    Character
    Jerin Rycik
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I macro contagion to make three attempts at 1 second intervals so that one of them will catch her in between casts.

/micon "Contagion" pet
    /pac "Contagion" <t>
    /wait
    /pac "Contagion" <t>
    /wait
    /pac "Contagion" <t>
    (0)
    Last edited by JerinRycik; 02-03-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Josh Corvus
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I wind up spamming it. As for Enkindle, I've learned that it only refuses to work if you've already set a command in and Garuda-egi is using that. Otherwise she will use the Enkindle strike right after her next wind blade.
    (0)

Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. - Hades
    You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant - Harlan Ellison

Player
    Character
    Norg Kazham
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 60
    You need the cascade badge from cerulean city. It makes all Poke... Errr pets up to 60 obey you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Synth Istituto
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 85
    That bird is especially disobediant and hard-headed. She does not do the enkindle sometimes even when I put her on steady sometimes. How do I remedy this? Sorry to take over your post OP but it makes me angry sometimes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kim Taeyeon
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Mash the button for 2s. Works everytime for me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naomi Enami
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Strange, there is a delay, but Garuda-Egi pretty much does what I ask her when I ask her. All that happens is she waits to finish her current action first.

Also on a side note, NEVER stop what you're doing when giving the rude bird a command. All of the pet commands can be executed even when you're casting with the exception of Enkindle. Enkindle is an oGCD skill by the summoner her/himself. Weave Enkindle between instant GCDs, and continue your rotation (your pet will use it when she finishes her current action).
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast