Player
    Character
    Ninster Barlow
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicno View Post
    In the case of the enemies becoming invincible right away it's not because of the fate area, but because the enemies spawn outside of their own "comfort zone". The ones every enemy on open fields have, not tied to the fate.
    I hope I don't completely derail the thread with this, but I thought of an idea related to hunts and "early pulls": why not spawn hunt mobs like this, with a heavy debuff. That way when it finally "resets" and the heavy falls off, it's fair game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vash Warbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    ... so please continue to post your feedback with the name of the area, FATE, and the specifics from the FATE you would like to see adjusted.
    Frankly, that's SE's job, Zhexos. The original post is the feedback. This potentially affects all or most fates, and you all are the ones with the data about fate size, enemy spawn locations etc.
    (2)
    Last edited by FaileExperiment; 02-03-2016 at 06:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ninster Barlow
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Greetings,

The range of individual FATEs are set so that there isn't much of a difference between others; however, depending on the location, and due to a variety of factors, elements such as the monster's spawn area may be somewhat different.

We'll check to see if we can adjust the ones we have received feedback on, so please continue to post your feedback with the name of the area, FATE, and the specifics from the FATE you would like to see adjusted.
    Here's a list of FATEs that I personally have encountered this and other problems with. In almost every instance, the monsters spawn outside of the FATE area.

Coerthas Western Highlands:
    Run, Riders, Run
    Land of the Freeze
    Dawn of the Mylodons
    Polar Express
    True Convictions
    Unsilent Vigil
    Sick Pack
    Requiem for a Dragon
    Pico de Gallows -- a boss FATE yes, but between the size of the boss and the nearby rams it's easy to not have a sense of space and reset the boss by accident.

Sea of Clouds:
    Anzu Trois -- not a level sync issue, but mob spawning is very awkward; mobs reset from where they are spawned and in one case, the mob spawns so far away that it "teleports" to position when attacked
    Bismarcking Time > Let There Be Acolytes > A Disturbing Lack of Faith -- In this chain the HP for all monsters is set extremely high without scaling, which seems very odd

Dravanian Forelands:
    Bear Apparent
    Special Tarasque Force -- Tarasque's AoE attack tends to force players outside of the FATE area, either through actual impact or through players attempting to avoid it

The Churning Mists:
    How to Cane Your Dragon
    Sprite Club
    Vouivre Believre
    Wave Good-bye
    Say it Tulihand
    Supper Time

Azys Lla:
    Out of Sight, Out of Mind -- nothing particularly "wrong" per se, but does anyone know why this spawns with only a 5 minute timer? It's definitely an oddity among FATEs.

I hope this helps, Zhexos, and if anyone else wants to add to this list or remove it would be appreciated. This is a more consolidated start, at least.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Morzone Vandalfo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Yep. Pretty much any class that has buffs or stances. (So basically everything) I know it irks me something fierce having to recast my Poisons and Huton on Ninja everytime I stray a hair out of the FATE line.
    Yeah. It's really depressing because one thing I love about monk is their speed, every other melee centric job I've played felt slow. And when you lose that speed like that, it sucks lol.

I just wish they'd make it so you lose any buffs that would be learned above the level that you sync to.
    (0)
    Morzone Vandalfo on Siren
    Main job: SCH/MNK
    Raid job: Gathering
    PS5 based. PSN ID: natek_morzy

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninster View Post
    Bismarcking Time > Let There Be Acolytes > A Disturbing Lack of Faith -- In this chain the HP for all monsters is set extremely high without scaling, which seems very odd.
    THIS ONE! I spent several hours yesterday trying to farm cyrstals and while I could beat Bismarking Time with just myself and my Chocobo, its second and third Fate are nearly IMPOSSIBLE. We managed to get through "Let There Be Acolytes" with BRD + WHM and two chocobos set to attackers, but just barely. We started "A Disturbing Lack of Faith" from the moment it spawned with two of us + our chocobos chipping away at it for the full 15 min duration and it was not enough. We didnt even come close to beating it. We had about 40-50% HP remaining for the second monster.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vespar; 02-04-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    In the case of the enemies becoming invincible right away it's not because of the fate area, but because the enemies spawn outside of their own "comfort zone". The ones every enemy on open fields have, not tied to the fate.
    I know that. It's still bollocks.

Another thing that's bollocks is when you drag a FATE enemy to somewhere that's still inside the FATE circle, and it ends up deaggroing and healing itself. If you never leave the FATE circle, the mob should still stay on you, period.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fynlar; 02-04-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ninster Barlow
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    I know that. It's still bollocks.

Another thing that's bollocks is when you drag a FATE enemy to somewhere that's still inside the FATE circle, and it ends up deaggroing and healing itself. If you never leave the FATE circle, the mob should still stay on you, period.
    Completely agree. It's almost like monster spawn areas were made at a completely different time of development than when the FATE areas were placed.
    (1)

Hi Ninster,

Quote Originally Posted by Ninster View Post
    Here's a list of FATEs that I personally have encountered this and other problems with. In almost every instance, the monsters spawn outside of the FATE area.
    Thank you very much for compiling this list! This is very helpful!
    I'll be sure to relay your list, as well as other suggestions made in this thread, over to the dev. team.
    (10)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    The Ice elemental fate in Coerthas Central Highlands is really bad for this. While trying to gather Luminous Ice Crystals I always kept getting unsynced because they'd spawn just out of range. The lower level folks who don't get sync'd would rush up and start killing them so they'd remain out of reach and I couldnt attack them except for using throwing dagger on them from a distance.
    This one, I was on monk at the time and unable to hit a single target. :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maya Sop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Hi Ninster,

Thank you very much for compiling this list! This is very helpful!
    I'll be sure to relay your list, as well as other suggestions made in this thread, over to the dev. team.
    Please don't oversee the old world :/
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast