Player
    Character
    C'eleanor Greywolfe
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPinkFloyd View Post
    Please SE, don't let these negative neds and nancys influence your design of the gauss barrel. I think it looks great. Some people complain about how it floats off the gun models, however, it does have a foundation in magitek design after all. A simple buff would just be magnitudes of weak sauce.

An option to toggle the visual from the gun model would be fine though.
    Sure encourage mediocrity should we also praise the rehashing of old content also?.
    (3)

Hey, machinists!

As you may recall, during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVIII, Yoshida mentioned that they'll look into adding a text command which can be used to remove the graphical display of your gauss barrel. I'm pleased to let you know that this text command is currently planned to be implemented in Patch 3.3!

Please note that this feature will only hide the display of your character's gauss barrel and on your client only!
    (36)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    That's good to hear! Looking forward to it!
    (1)

Player

This is good news about a future toggle for it showing on or off, I also think looks bad most of the time because it does not align or fit with most guns so I would like to toggle it off too even if only shows as on or off on my screen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvana Tenebri
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 79
    All praise Yoshi P! Soon, machinists shall personally be free of the terror of the Gauss Barrel! Shame it's only on our screens but that's plenty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gralwyb Waekgohtwyn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    nice addition, though gauss barrel does look nice with certain guns.

Would of preferred a unique barrel/ammo box for each green/blue/purple weapon over lvl 50 (bards get unique quivers and arrows), but will work with what we get I guess.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hey, machinists!

As you may recall, during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVIII, Yoshida mentioned that they'll look into adding a text command which can be used to remove the graphical display of your gauss barrel. I'm pleased to let you know that this text command is currently planned to be implemented in Patch 3.3!

Please note that this feature will only hide the display of your character's gauss barrel and on your client only!
    So basically all they did was make a text command that shows the normal gun on client side, but everyone still sees it as the same? You basically made a .dat swap command, lol. Its the equivalent of someone swapping the aesthetic file.

That is a real lazy way of doing it, and still shows the GB to others. As usual, stay classy SE.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Knot Destroyer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hey, machinists!

Ah too bad then if only on our client not others. But it might nice step for future. Thanks for the news
    (2)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    So basically all they did was make a text command that shows the normal gun on client side, but everyone still sees it as the same? You basically made a .dat swap command, lol. Its the equivalent of someone swapping the aesthetic file.

That is a real lazy way of doing it, and still shows the GB to others. As usual, stay classy SE.
    But that's what people wanted. They wanted the ability to hide the GB and I don't think they care whether or not other players can still see it. Why so bitter?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    But that's what people wanted. They wanted the ability to hide the GB and I don't think they care whether or not other players can still see it. Why so bitter?
    It is not that I necessarily care if others see it. The argument I give is that it was a lazy solution instead of actually taking the time to actually show the aesthetics to others around you. Last I recall, this is a AAA MMO, and amateurish things like this shouldn't be a thing.

Am I happy I don't have to see it? Sure. Should SE of taken the extra step? Absolutely. I expect better from them.
    (13)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast