Player

Frequent disconnections

Hello,

I've already reported this problem using the Square-Enix bug report tool twice.

I frequently get disconnected. And often, it's at the most inopportune times. As someone said in a similar thread, the error I get when this happens is error 30002. Also, it seems to happen a lot more during peak times.

If I leave my character logged on overnight and while I am at work, I expect it to still be online when I wake up/get back from work. However, so far, the number of times I stayed online later being AFK for so long, I can count on one hand.

Technical support will always say, check your ISP, your internet connnection, etc... I can assure you it has nothing to do with my internet connection. Nothing else on my home network gets disconnected when I lose connection to the game server.

I even went as far as running Wireshark (packet sniffer) in the background, to see the kind of packets I get when a disconnection like this happens... seems like a (FIN) packet is unexpectedly sent from my client to the game server in the middle of playing the game. FIN packets are used to terminate a connection... why is my client sending these in the middle of a play session? Seems like a problem in the client code if you ask me.

Please someone look at this.
    Thank you.
    (0)

Talwin,

If you believe there is an ongoing issue with FINAL FANTASY XIV, we’d like to help fix it. The best way to do that is by submitting this as a bug in our In-Game Bugs (link to: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/136) section on our forum. We’re glad you’re bringing this to our attention and look forward to any thoughts you may have in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Have you open your ports? it could be easy internet packages lost i know a lot of players having this issue. Try and open your ports for FFXIV if anything at least it would help you download the update x3 faster then you are now.
    (0)

Player

I don't think it's the game client anymore. Seems like my ISP is for some reason sending me packets out of order.

I get a bunch of these in my router's log:

Blocked incoming TCP SynAck packet from <remote ip>:<remote port> to <my ip>:<my port> with unexpected sequence

It only happens when another computer on the network is attempting to use a program that uses the same ports as FFXIV. The computer in question is accessing Facebook games... namely Zynga games. It's just weird to me that it causes my FFXIV session to terminate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Talwin View Post
    I don't think it's the game client anymore. Seems like my ISP is for some reason sending me packets out of order.

I get a bunch of these in my router's log:

Blocked incoming TCP SynAck packet from <remote ip>:<remote port> to <my ip>:<my port> with unexpected sequence

It only happens when another computer on the network is attempting to use a program that uses the same ports as FFXIV. The computer in question is accessing Facebook games... namely Zynga games. It's just weird to me that it causes my FFXIV session to terminate.
    Hmmm my gf play ffxiv with me and i can only open the ports for one pc within the network so i open mine to download the update take less then 5min then open her ports and she download it. When she use to play facebook when i was playing beta1 i did see a lot of lag problem.

I hope SE read this and find a way to fix this i know a lot of ppl having same issue.
    (0)