Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Chat across multiple Linkshells

I'm sure the answer to this will turn out to be about the server changes somehow, but given the number of channels we're able to write into and the diversity among them, I really would like to know why we aren't able to type into a LS unless it is the one that is active?

Is this a choice by design, or is it planned to be addressed after server upgrades?

I can imagine it to be an easy system wherein players can type /l1, /l2, etc. and speak into any LS at any time.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    would love this feature
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sheth Adama
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Love the idea.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kai Ulric
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Didn't SE say something about implementing something like the /l1, /l2 etc.... but they just said it wasn't at the top of their list at the moment...

Personally I think this is something that has been needed since release a year ago, goes hand in hand with needing mail boxes, and needing LS admin rights to kick/add people without them being on and standing right in front of you etc...

It's annoying to be crafting and have someone ask a question, have to stop crafting cancel out, change shells answer the question, and then have to do it all again when having to flip back again if they ask another one. I usually get annoyed and switch to /tell's which means I just get spammed with those.

Multi-LS chat without changing pearl's is needed within the game.
    (7)
    I'm just a bun boy, doing bun boy things.

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    {Yes please.}
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vai Greystone
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I -swear- I read that they were going to implement this by or before 2.0, but I can't find the actual documentation or quotes to back this up. I remember it made me really happy though as this has been pissing me off since game release. xD
    (2)
    7UP!

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    {Can I have it}
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiKatzchen View Post
    Didn't SE say something about implementing something like the /l1, /l2 etc.... but they just said it wasn't at the top of their list at the moment...

Personally I think this is something that has been needed since release a year ago, goes hand in hand with needing mail boxes, and needing LS admin rights to kick/add people without them being on and standing right in front of you etc...

It's annoying to be crafting and have someone ask a question, have to stop crafting cancel out, change shells answer the question, and then have to do it all again when having to flip back again if they ask another one. I usually get annoyed and switch to /tell's which means I just get spammed with those.

Multi-LS chat without changing pearl's is needed within the game.
    Yea I have a feeling it was mentioned but I also cannot find a specific post addressing this just yet.

When it comes to LS admin features I know they said it would be alleviated with the server-side fixes, but I feel like putting in commands to speak into other LS channels could be relatively easy. That being said, if the way they have Linkshells setup makes it impossible server-wise I wouldn't be surprised considering their server-side data setup is known as being quite restrictive and annoying for many other reasons already.

I'd appreciate some clarification on this from the devs.
    (0)

Player

Yeah I kinda assumed that was how it worked when I got my fist 2 linkshells and tried typing /1 /2. Seems silly it wasn't there from the start.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartigan_Redsail View Post
    Yeah I kinda assumed that was how it worked when I got my fist 2 linkshells and tried typing /1 /2. Seems silly it wasn't there from the start.
    Actually, yea. No need for the l's even just the numbers would suffice
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast