Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    1500 on what exactly, because you sure as hell ain't getting those numbers on a HNM (Ifrit)

Ifrit should be weak as hell to Wind, based on the games elemental wheel but you are lucky if you get 300 on a Tornado with all your spell buffs.

Thank god they are planning on fixing mage spells in one of the updates, hopefully it 1.20.
    Just open world mobs. I thought we were talking about damage from Ifrit weapons in general, rather than just using them against Ifrit specifically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Problem is both with itemization of mage weapons, and the mage spells themselves. They do way too little base damage atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Req View Post
    Anything that matters really, the AM boost with the last patch was a nice step in the right direction but there is still the fact that it can only be casted twice a battle if you have chainspell, and the second cast would be significantly weaker without profundity stacked onto it. Any lancer worth a damn can do doomspike 2 or 3 times to a group of mobs and double the damage output of a mage for a group of enemies, and while I don't have marauder at 50 yet I would assume that under steadfast they could also deal out some pretty insane damage. At the moment it just feels like both mage classes are glorified debuffers and healers.

Long story short. Having a bunch of mages use their strongest attacks on anything that aren't exp mobs is pretty ineffective. And this is coming from someone who takes 2903852306 mages into the strongholds and clears them mostly from AoE nukes.
    Steadfast is only for tanking, it doesn't help damage output anymore really. Storms path > All other MRD AE WS's and doesn't require it.

Here is the data from parser when we killed Flamefist from entering Stronghold to death->

MRD 96,000
    MRD 88,000
    MRD 44,000
    THM 32,000
    LNC 29,000

As you can see even THM nuking nonstop still doesn't even come close to what MRD is capable of, but it does beat LNC against groups of mobs. (Oh the only reason I ran the parser that day was to show our LNC buddy that he should go MRD instead for stronghold clears)

I'd probably cry though if we had a nuking CNJ... don't think they'd even be close to the THM. Again just SE needs to make mages stronger for viable DD. If BLM is like this when jobs release we will see Zero of them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    Problem is both with itemization of mage weapons, and the mage spells themselves. They do way too little base damage atm.

Steadfast is only for tanking, it doesn't help damage output anymore really. Storms path > All other MRD AE WS's and doesn't require it.

Here is the data from parser when we killed Flamefist from entering Stronghold to death->

MRD 96,000
    MRD 88,000
    MRD 44,000
    THM 32,000
    LNC 29,000

As you can see even THM nuking nonstop still doesn't even come close to what MRD is capable of, but it does beat LNC against groups of mobs. (Oh the only reason I ran the parser that day was to show our LNC buddy that he should go MRD instead for stronghold clears)

I'd probably cry though if we had a nuking CNJ... don't think they'd even be close to the THM. Again just SE needs to make mages stronger for viable DD. If BLM is like this when jobs release we will see Zero of them.
    It just seems a bit odd to me that the lnc damage is so low. I can do upwards of 6000+ damage with a doomspike for almost every group of mobs when running through the stronghold. For the marauder though, that is just ridiculous. Like I said, I don't have it leveled all the way so I really don't know what it is capable of from first hand experience but it definitely makes me want to level it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mariya Shidou
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    1500 on what exactly, because you sure as hell ain't getting those numbers on a HNM (Ifrit)

Ifrit should be weak as hell to Wind, based on the games elemental wheel but you are lucky if you get 300 on a Tornado with all your spell buffs.

Thank god they are planning on fixing mage spells in one of the updates, hopefully it 1.20.
    The problem is Ifrit itself, the Darkhold Ogre for example is still reasonable. Maybe because Ifrit fight is mostly scripted instead of direct targeting like Ogre, for some strange reason they buff Ifrit Magic Resistance over 9000 >_>
    (0)

Player

It just seems a bit odd to me that the lnc damage is so low. I can do upwards of 6000+ damage with a doomspike for almost every group of mobs when running through the stronghold. For the marauder though, that is just ridiculous. Like I said, I don't have it leveled all the way so I really don't know what it is capable of from first hand experience but it definitely makes me want to level it.
    Lancer doesnt have AoE WS, which is what you need in strongholds because there are tons of mobs.

LNC is best for single target, MAR is best for group kills.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Doomspike is AoE, it attacks anything between you and the target, meaning it can hit multiple mobs. I am not doubting that marauder is the best, but if a lancer lines up correctly they should be able to hit 5-6 mobs if not more in one doomspike. If you were to follow that up with a pierce then you would instantly get back 3000 tp if you have invigorate up and you can pretty much immediately throw out another doomspike which would mean you deal about 10k in about 10 seconds to a group of mobs. That is under the assumption that they aren't all dead within those 10 seconds however.

This is completely offtopic of the original post however, i have just been kind of sitting in this post hoping maybe more people would be vocal about how useless mage DD is and how the weapons should have a bigger effect on damage dealt by nukes, but once again it seems to be lost in a sea of people complaining about how they aren't going to stick around and this is the worst game ever.

Anyways, sorry for derailing it keftenk.
    (0)
    Last edited by Req; 10-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Anyways, sorry for derailing it keftenk.

Lawls, I don't mind, doesn't seem that many people care anyways.

To the future of melee-mages!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kipp Kaida
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Did it ever occur that Ifrit might not be weak to Wind?

I mean look at bombs, they are fire but weak against fire. If you catch my drift, try other spells?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ifrit is weak to wind.
    (0)

We have been hearing lots of feedback regarding the Disciple of Magic weapons from Ifrit, so we are planning to make adjustments based on your feedback to both current and future weapons, as well. Keep it coming!
    (33)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast