Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    On Ifrit?
    Because can do well over 1k on normal shit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Anything that matters really, the AM boost with the last patch was a nice step in the right direction but there is still the fact that it can only be casted twice a battle if you have chainspell, and the second cast would be significantly weaker without profundity stacked onto it. Any lancer worth a damn can do doomspike 2 or 3 times to a group of mobs and double the damage output of a mage for a group of enemies, and while I don't have marauder at 50 yet I would assume that under steadfast they could also deal out some pretty insane damage. At the moment it just feels like both mage classes are glorified debuffers and healers.

Long story short. Having a bunch of mages use their strongest attacks on anything that aren't exp mobs is pretty ineffective. And this is coming from someone who takes 2903852306 mages into the strongholds and clears them mostly from AoE nukes.

Back to the original topic of the post though, i definitely agree with you on the items needing to be looked at more closely with what the classes do. I noticed this in 1.18 as well with the verdant shortbow. For all the effort that it took to get it, the thing felt damn near worthless compared to the bow I already had.
    (3)
    Last edited by Req; 10-18-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Doctor Mog
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Bump. +1. Truth.

SE has a VERY hard time balancing mage item stats.

Get on it SE.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leon Lamperouge
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    SE needs to let caster weapons scale their spell damage. Sorry for making this reference, but WoW calculated your spell damage by taking into account spell power. Can't FFXIV have something similar implemented so that mages can scale with their melee counterparts better? >_>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Speaking of stats on weapons, I never notice anyone missing hardly at all. What's the point of accuracy?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Keftenk View Post
    Speaking of stats on weapons, I never notice anyone missing hardly at all. What's the point of accuracy?
    there will a point to it. I heard somewhere (could be complete BS) that the devs stated they went overboard on increasing accuracy and it would be nerfed a bit.

My MRD went from missing 9/10 time to making contact 99/100 times or even more. One would hope that there is a nerf coming anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    I honestly hope that they don't go in and nerf it and it just scales better for harder mobs in 1.20. Whenever SE buffs something they buff it too much, and when they nerf something they completely decimate it. Just look at archer. Next thing we know we will be missing every other attack.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Archer honestly just needs a burst WS and they're fixed probably.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rusalka Camenae
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    Probably...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    what? 1500 damage from is nothing to scoff at. try some ancient magic first
    1500 on what exactly, because you sure as hell ain't getting those numbers on a HNM (Ifrit)

Ifrit should be weak as hell to Wind, based on the games elemental wheel but you are lucky if you get 300 on a Tornado with all your spell buffs.

Thank god they are planning on fixing mage spells in one of the updates, hopefully it 1.20.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast