Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Suneater Uraeus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I believe it's based on the items stats; mage equip & meds requiring magic craftsmanship, weapons and armor requiring craftsmanship, etc. At this point the best way to go is probably to put the best stats you can into each equip location and hope for the best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ava Faye
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneater View Post
    I believe it's based on the items stats; mage equip & meds requiring magic craftsmanship, weapons and armor requiring craftsmanship, etc. At this point the best way to go is probably to put the best stats you can into each equip location and hope for the best.
    This doesn't work because then what do materials use?

A theory we thought might work was Craftsmanship is used for materials and Magic Craftsmanship is used for finished items (stats = magic, no stats = physical). But I really wish SE could let us know what exactly they do. I'm trying to figure out if I should sell my Vintage Robe +1 or keep it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Would be nice to get an official answer on this. I've been looking at different armor pieces per slot and I can't even find a good pattern to determine which might favor what. It's pretty heavy into +craftsmanship for all crafts at the later levels, but there's a mish mash of mg. craftsmanship that can be used across all classes. The velveteen stuff is a hybrid of mg. craftsmanship and craftsmanship and that set lasts for a long time. Right now I pretty much just equip appropriate level armor and pray...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Varies by item family, no other tricks to it.

All threads are magical, but if you use offhand you end up getting x2 instead of +1.
    All cloth are physical. (It used to be all dyed cloth are magical).

For finished items, it might go like:
    All Robes are XXX.
    All Doublets are YYY.

Just test with the cheapest member of the item family.
    No time to do extensive tests. Sometimes I can't tell the difference either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitty Sanchez
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    Varies by item family, no other tricks to it.

All threads are magical, but if you use offhand you end up getting x2 instead of +1.
    All cloth are physical. (It used to be all dyed cloth are magical).

For finished items, it might go like:
    All Robes are XXX.
    All Doublets are YYY.

Just test with the cheapest member of the item family.
    No time to do extensive tests. Sometimes I can't tell the difference either.
    This seems to be holding true so far for me.

Cotton yarns crafting well on the wheel, switching over to cloth and using the wheel (trying that first since primary is lightning shard) yielded many unstable lightning elements during the craft, and some near-breaks. Switched over to needle and absolutely no problem.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2