Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Job Quests...please make them mandatory

I just did a Praetorium run with a level 50 Pugilist...not Monk...Pugilist. They had nothing else leveled. I don't understand why aren't job quests mandatory at some point near 30-35...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    They kind of are mandatory since some of the skills are job quest rewards not to mention there is gear and weapons that are job only

mind you does seem kind of odd they didn't go to the effort of getting there Job Crystal
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageofwar View Post
    They kind of are mandatory since some of the skills are job quest rewards not to mention there is gear and weapons that are job only

mind you does seem kind of odd they didn't go to the effort of getting there Job Crystal
    That person might not even have known that jobs exist. In-game there is very little information about jobs, and nothing at all to indicate how important they are.
    The quest that points you to your job-trainer is easy to miss or ignore, and then you never find out about jobs.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    That person might not even have known that jobs exist. In-game there is very little information about jobs, and nothing at all to indicate how important they are.
    The quest that points you to your job-trainer is easy to miss or ignore, and then you never find out about jobs.
    Well they going to piss off alot of people between levels 50 to 60 since all the skill are linked to Job Crystal. I would think think they will cotton on that there is an issue when they get no new skills by level 55
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rasha'zi Molkoh
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Likely someone who doesn't do much questing to progress; maybe they do primarily through roulette. Already been stated but some abilities do require you to complete job quest to obtain.

I can't say those quest actually highlight you using the new skill. I know NIN has one or two that do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liaysa Sineos
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Did they seriously not ask any questions? I mean, they couldn't be THAT bad of a player to not notice that other people using the same weapons as them are called "Monks" instead of pugilist? Different icons in the party list? They had to have noticed at some point, and questioned why they were a pugilist instead of a monk, or just didn't care.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    So...I'm sure you have nicely and politely told him that future groups would greatly appreciate if he could do his advancement to Monk by leveling a lancer to 15 and accepting the quest "Brother from another mother" in the pugilist guild of Ul'dah, right?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Well after some time thinking I just remembered one thing.

Quest 2 (2.0) in the MSQ forces you to visit class trainer. At level 30 that same trainer points you in the direction of Job trainer so they are quite hard to miss unless you are deliberately ignoring them (maybe doesn't want to level LNC?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageofwar View Post
    At level 30 that same trainer points you in the direction of Job trainer so they are quite hard to miss unless you are deliberately ignoring them (maybe doesn't want to level LNC?)
    That's not quite correct.

Sometimes, the NPC that gives you the job quest is not the guild leader, but rather the receptionist. That's the case for monk, paladin, scholar and black mage. The person might simply not have noticed the quest popped up and thought he was done, since the guild leader didn't have anything left for him and that's where he expected further advancement, especially since you usually get the message:"The next Class quest becomes available from NPC at level YY". None such thing happens at 30 if I recall correctly.

Besides, even if he "did" notice the quest, he might be oblivious to the importance of jobs and thought he could just do that whenever. It's not like the game tells you every five levels:"You just missed out on another skill, sucker!"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Age Ofwar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    It's not like the game tells you every five levels:"You just missed out on another skill, sucker!"
    I guess it's just me that see them gold ! above people's head and gets the need to inverstigae them.

i could swear that the ACN guild leader gave me the SMN quest which once i was done gave me SCH after i could be wrong.

well after lvl 50 the quests are every 2 levels but i'm just spilting hairs.

SE should really display the skills as blacked out with a tooltip of quest required in the trats and ablities
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast