Player
    Character
    Zerrith Blakken
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Leveling post 1.19

Anyone else feeling hamstrung by the change of 1 to 1 hide to leather? If you level up on recipes that yield 500 exp (at rank 35) that is 112 boar leathers you will need to buy from the markets or farm. Then you have to start using peiste skin which is even harder to get.
    (1)

Player

Try farming the lost lambs just outside of Limsa, you can get about 65 sheepskins/hr.

Edit:
    Fleece
    Level 44 synth
    1 Sheepskin
    5 water shards
    (2)
    Last edited by Underwear; 10-18-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Player

Thanks zerrith! I'm lvl 35 too and was only guessing boar leather would be a good synth to start on Post 1.19. Does that mean Boar leather is a R40 synth? I wish someone would go through the new recipes (particularly the 31-40s) and determine what levels they are according to this exp gained chart:
    dLvl->Exp gained
    0->250
    1->300
    2->350
    3->400
    4->450
    5->500
    6->550
    7->600
    8->650
    9->700
    10->750
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zerrith Blakken
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Boar leather isn't a level 40 synth, but the boarskin harness is. At rank 35 I got 500 exp for it. It only takes 1 boar leather, but it uses 2 steel ingots and a linen cloth. After that peiste skin would probably be your best bet, but I have only gotten them from rank 40 leves at Broken Water and Halatali. So good luck getting 100 of them without spending a fortune at the market wards.....
    (0)

Player

Thanks! I've been doing Gigantoad skin to toad leathers, which is only about 60 exp at 35 now, but they haven't removed the toad leather to toadskin vamps yet, which are still lvl 38. Other than that, peiste skin to leathers was giving 450-500 at 36, and turning those to spetches only gave slightly less (300 at 37). When I run out of those, I'm going to do fleece, which gave like...700 at 35, but I didn't want to risk breaking them. Sheepskins are easy drops from that large starburst-looking island to the SE of limsa. Lost Ewes have the highest drop rate out of those, but the the lambs and W-word ones also drop them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    dont forget about the raptors as well, they still give me 150~ xp at 50, and even though im capped its still nice to throw a lil spiritbind on the clothes i wear
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    What can I grind on past 44 level?
    Raptor skins arent very easy to farm and Raptor leather is 46 level synth, the exp gets really low after that.
    (0)

Player

There really isn't a cheap grind synth past 44, best bet is to do raptor leather to 45 and leves til 50 (there are 3 lvl 50 leves in Gridania, yet no in town ones).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    Yeah leves it is then :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Use some of those leathers and make gear out of it. Most (all?) of the Raptorskin stuff has a recipe level of over 50. Whichever synth is easiest/cheapest will depend on if you do any other crafts and/or the economy on your server.

Raptorskin Thighboots/Workboots both look easy to me. Plus, if you dye them (before patch 1.20 at least), you can get a second synth out of it.

It all depends on how much money/time you're willing to blow on it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast