Player
    Character
    Mournin Wood
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 60

Suggestion: Change Housing Notifications

With the recent change to Housing where inactive houses are demolished you should also add a notification to be sent in game through mog mail or as a pop up notification that it is going to be demolished soon. I play everyday and use my housing teleport pretty often, but I just don't actually enter my house and I had no idea it was going to be demolished until I logged on today and saw it gone. If the notification was in game instead of through email I would've been able to stop it before that happened, which is why I think the notifications should be changed for people that have housing. I am also aware that there is a timer in the "Timer" interface, but that's only useful to people that actually use it and happen to actually look at the timer, which I don't.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sooyoung Che
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    That sucks. I feel angry with Se after reading your comments.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tiael Wirbelwind
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    I would also like to see notifications through a pop up or Mog Mail instead of just email as my gf lost her house this exact way.
    We've got pop ups all over the place, at least notify someone this way.
    Yes, I'm aware this thread is old but it needs a change.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lissandra Heartwine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I see what you're saying Tiael, but it baffles me that people will really not step inside their house even once in a span of 45 days (especially if they're active). For example, if all someone cared about was a convenient teleport, a apartment in that zone would suffice.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Titor Jaraba
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissandra View Post
    I see what you're saying Tiael, but it baffles me that people will really not step inside their house even once in a span of 45 days (especially if they're active).
    Maybe they just like exterior decoration or using chocobo stables or gardening or standing on their roof
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akatsubaki Dovakin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I see what you're saying Tiael, but it baffles me that people will really not step inside their house even once in a span of 45 days (especially if they're active). For example, if all someone cared about was a convenient teleport, a apartment in that zone would suffice.
    I don't understand this either, there has been several notices on the lodestone and in maintenance notes before the system was implemented saying exactly what it does. It was also touched on several times when it was shut down and re-implemented due to the earthquakes in Japan. You also get several e-mails before demolition, so you not only didn't read any patch notes or maintenance notes you also didn't check your email or walk into you house for 45 days. On a side note any house that you own or have shared with someone else, even if you are the tenant, that is scheduled for demolition will also show in your timers menu. The same place that shows daily reset timers, retainer ventures, ship explorations etc. There is plenty of notification and information available to you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsubaki75; 03-15-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki75 View Post
    I don't under stand this either, there has been several notices on the lodestone and in maintenance notes before the system was implemented saying exactly what it does. It was also touched on several times when it was shut down and re-implemented due to the earthquakes in Japan. You also get several e-mails before demolition, so you not only didn't read any patch notes or maintenance notes you also didn't check your email or walk into you house for 45 days. On a side note any house that you own or have shared with someone else, even if you are the tenant, that is scheduled for demolition will also show in your timers menu. The same place that shows daily reset timers, retainer ventures, ship explorations etc. There is plenty of notification and information available to you.
    While it does seem a little silly to be actively playing and not enter your house once in 45 days, a small pop-up after the 30 day mark notifying you/the tenants to keep an eye on the timers wouldn't hurt.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    I assumed there was one, how odd indeed. Still, visiting your house but not actually stepping inside over that time period...? It might be a pain to hear it, but if housing is limited on your server then I am sorry to say that I am of the opinion that maybe you weren't appreciating it as much as some of the people without one might have. Perhaps you should re-evaluate how important having a house really is to you.
    (3)
    Last edited by Knahli; 03-19-2017 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Typo

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Exactly this. Hopefully someone who actually wants a house enough to enter it at least once a month will get the plot instead!
    (0)