Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Regarding Reports of Not Being Able to Progress Through the Anima Weapon Quest

We’ve been receiving reports in regards to the Anima weapon quest where players have been unable to progress. While the causes of this may differ due to your status, please read over the following points before reporting your issue.

1. It is only possible to progress with the Anima weapon quest for the job that you accepted it as.
    • When accepting the quest, please talk to the NPC as the job you would like to undertake the quest as.
    • When completing the quest, please be sure to talk to the NPC as the job you accepted the quest as.
    2. It is not possible to undertake quests on multiple jobs at the same time.
    • In the event that you wish to progress through this quest on multiple jobs, please first complete the quest you accepted, and then accept the quest again on another job.
    3. You can confirm which job you accepted the quest as by checking your journal.

4. It's possible to re-accept the Anima Weapon quest after you have completed it.
    • Please be cautious not to accept the quest on a job for which you have already completed the quest on.
    • In the event that you have already accepted the quest, abandon the quest and re-accept it on the job for which you wish to undertake it as.

We've been receiving a large amount of reports mentioning that after completing the quest "Soul Without Life" and receiving an Anima weapon, it is not possible to progress since they are already in possession of an Anima weapon when they are trying to complete the quest again as the same job.

In the event that you are still unable to progress even after confirming the above, please respond to this thread with details on the problem you're encountering.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Shuu Naranol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Something that could be a potential situation where someone thinks they can't progress:

- In case of someone who wants to exchange a Zeta weapon for the nodules, if the Zeta weapon is not in the Armory Chest (why would it be, it's long obsolete and nobody actually uses them at this point), there is no marker or any indication in the text that it can be handed to Sydony right after the cutscene, just need to initiate a new conversation. I'm not sure if the lack of a marker was just due to how overcrowded she was at the time I was there, or if it's "working as intended" though, but in the latter case, it might be worth to fix it, as it's quite confusing.

- After having the Awoken weapon and Gerolt sending us to Mor Dhona, neither the conversation with the quest NPC girl (forgot her name), nor the journal gives any indication of what the items needed are, nor how to obtain them. Once again, there is no quest marker above the girl's head, either. Kind of not obvious at all that by talking to the girl again, we can get to the needed info; again, if it's "working as intended", it might be worth to fix it somehow.

Also, the fact that the quests can be accepted again right after finishing them, on the same job that we just finished it, is not only confusing and misleading, but quite pointless as well. Many quests have lockdowns on them when we aren't the appropriate job to accept/finish them - perhaps accordingly adjusting these as well would be nice to avoid misunderstandings and confusion (ie. if I completed it as a SMN, I shouldn't be able to pick it up again as a SMN).
    (3)

Greetings,

The intention of this thread was to help gather any info or problems users are running into regarding progressing their Anima weapon. As such, we've been moderating any off-topic discussions. We've been gathering feedback from all relevant portions of the forum, so please keep this thread on topic.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Saya Dee
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 85
    This is the case with me... I had 2 zetas, Began anima quest, handed in 2 Zetas to get 4 nodules.

I began ninja relic and progressed through 6 dungeons. (toughing up quest in progress)

I then decided i wanted to do my paladin relic. So I changed class and went through the motions again, handed in my 2 nodules to Azys NPC, at this point the quest just looped. wanted me to go back to Rowena.

I thought maybe the fact I had ninja relic quest in progress was gating my ability to start the paladin one, so I abandoned the ninja quest (I dont mind losing that I want to do PLD)

Switched back to paladin with the i170 (animated?) paladin sword and shield, and tried to get the Toughing up quest at Azyz NPC, but no quest options. He wants nodules again. I really dont want to have to do all the fates and crystals, when Ive traded in a Zeta to get the nodules and made the mistake of trying to do 2 at once...

{Fixed} all I had to do was cancel the quest and respeak to npc in azys and it opened up the option for both quests ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by AbandonHopeTD; 12-18-2015 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added info

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I accidentally picked up the same quest again, for the same job and was afraid to abandon the duplicate quest in fear it might affect the one I'm currently doing. Since I turned in my Zeta weapon towards it, I'm very nervous about having two of the same exact quest at two different completion points coming into conflict with themselves later.
    The reason why I picked up the second quest was because I wasn't aware it was the repeat. Since you can only complete one relic at a time, may I suggest removing the option to renew the quest until after the final step or someone chooses to abandon their current one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Tiger
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    quick question what are the weapon ilevels from 3.2 gonna be like as considering the anima grind will take far longer please make the anima say 5 ilevels higher than the new bis weps in 3.2 to make the grind and effort worth it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Casty Mcgee
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    I was unable to progress after I finished Toughening Up. Turns out that I also picked up Soul Without Life. Dropped that quest, and was able to pick up Coming Into Its Own and continue. (even was able to pick up Soul Without Life again!).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clouse Sydonis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 69

Quests Issue

The quest destroyed my fiancee's warrior relic zenith and gave her another monk one that she already had. How does she fix this?
    (0)

Greetings,

We would like to further clarify a point that we mentioned yesterday. We mentioned that it is not possible to undertake quests on multiple jobs at the same time; however, you may accept the quests on different jobs as long as they are not on the same quest. In most instances, the trouble stems from the fact that you need to change jobs before attempting to re-accept the "Soul Without Life" quest if you've already progressed beyond that on one job.

For example:
    • Accept and complete the quest "Soul Without Life" as machinist.
    • Accept the "Toughening Up" quest as machinist.
    • Now switch jobs/classes, and accept "Soul Without Life" with a different job/class.
      • Again, as mentioned previously, please be cautious not to re-accept the quest on a job for which you have already completed the quest on.
      • In the event that you have already re-accepted the quest on a previously completed job, abandon the quest and re-accept it on the job for which you wish to undertake it as.
    We have also received reports where the quest requirements for the quest "Toughening Up" would change from using the weapon for the initial job you accepted the quest with, to the job currently undergoing "Soul Without Life." We're aware of this issue, and currently looking into this.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, and ask for your patience while we investigate solutions.

Also, when reporting any issues you're running into, please be as detailed as possible so that we can share all of the info with the development team!
    (6)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Alyx Jayy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Ok finished soul without a life by turning in my zeta, not only did I lose my zeta when doing this I didn't get my animated deathbringer from the quest but it flagged touching up which I am now stuck on because I didn't get my animated weapon, and after wasting 5 hours waiting on a GM all I get is a sorry about your luck and that I needed to go post here as if that will make it magically appear in my inventory, so here I am wasting time posting this knowing all I will get is we are so sorry blah blah blah
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast