Player
    Character
    Kekela Kela
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Evtrai View Post
    Not really, this isn't half minute cooked, these relics were already being announced pre-heavensward release in live letters and conferences.

So no, this wasn't a last minute thing, it does however look like a last minute thing given at how abysmal the content of the relic is, I'm glad you have noticed this and came to the conclusion that it's a last minute thing, given at how poorly it looks.
    Orly? Ahahahaha....
    Welp, I stand corrected.
    (0)

Character
    Moxie Desu
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihility View Post
    This is like a F2P style just grind until your eyes bleed thing though.
    I wouldn't insult F2P style with how FFXIV does things. Atleast with F2P grinding it's actually worth it. The more grind, the better the item, stats, and everything else. Have you seen the stats? Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Selli View Post
    inb4 they're delaying the next patch by a month so your relic will be useful for a month instead of a couple of days.
    Lmao it's sad that this actually seems like something they would do.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Kurozuki
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    it feels uninspired at least. just feels like a copy and paste of the old 2.0 relic
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tenebria Miku
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlyx View Post
    good news.... u need 3 of those !
    3?... you need 18
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Giga Gaia
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    It is bad enough with the grind, but you need 16 HQ items too. Those are gonna be millions each for months. Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Yoshi P is incompetent and need to be fired at this point.

It's one thing to not get those relics for free because they're the same as raid weapons, but this kind of grind is ridiculous.

They also said previously that the grind wouldn't be as bad as the previous relics, but they went ahead and made it by far worst than all the previous steps combined at their release.

Worst part is they know they went too far, but they obviously don't give a ****. They will say they will fix it for the next step, but will go ahead and do even worst for the next part of the quest.
    (11)
    Last edited by GigaGaia; 12-17-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Irvy Ryath
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KaitlanKela View Post
    Did you read the second half of my post? It's only less than zero IF it becomes obsolete in a few months which we totally don't know. If it does, then yes. You are absolutely right. I, for one, don't think it will. I probably won't get to work on this until I know for sure, though.
    Yeah, because Everything in FFXIV 3.X isn't re skinned 2.X. Hell, they even added new atmas.

Before 3.15: Wahhhhhhhhhhh. XIV is boring and no content. I have no reason to log in. Fix it pls SE.

After 3.15: Wahhhhhhhhhhh. Relics take too long, I dont want to log in everyday. Fix it pls SE.

Do it, or dont . Easy. Your RL wont change if you have a relic in XIV or not, so im not sure what the fuss is about.
    Relics isn't content. The fuss is about SE being lazy and not implementing actual content in its game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Accolade View Post
    Before 3.15: Wahhhhhhhhhhh. XIV is boring and no content. I have no reason to log in. Fix it pls SE.

After 3.15: Wahhhhhhhhhhh. Relics take too long, I dont want to log in everyday. Fix it pls SE.

Do it, or dont . Easy. Your RL wont change if you have a relic in XIV or not, so im not sure what the fuss is about.
    It's not about not having something to do logging in everyday. I have something to do (potentially) everyday with roulettes, etc.

It's about not adding any new content. It's about running old content (Alex Normal, 640 times) for a weapon. Not even a new trial or anything or for the quest. It's just as lazy and uninspired as the previous relic treadmill post atma phase.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaGaia View Post
    It is bad enough with the grind, but you need 16 HQ items too. Those are gonna be millions each for months.
    Yea I kinda agree here. The rest of the stuff isn't so bad but I don't think there should be money changing hands for the relic. Like high end crafters don't already have millions more gil than non-crafters. One of the main reasons I never completed the old quest, I wasn't going to spend millions on crafted items, so I grinded and got most crafts to 3* stats, by that time the expansion was closing in and I didn't even bother to finish lol
    (7)
    Last edited by whiskeybravo; 12-17-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dante Venarra
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    The demand for the relic crafted pieces is high, supply will follow fairly quickly just like with the zodiac. Give it a few days and it will be affordable. The first ones to the jump are just trying to get crazy profits but that will end fairly quickly. It won't be "millions for months" at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaitlanKela View Post
    You know, instead of nerfing this grind what I would like to see if horizontal gear emphasizing different stats and basically give us some options. That way we don't have to up the ilvl by five or ten every patch, just add new things that make different combinations and make content that requires those combinations to clear. That way the relic will be ten or fifteen ilvls ahead for a long time. And people keep doing the relic grind to have an edge over the breadth of end game gear.

Any feedback on this suggestion? This might be what both sides are looking for
    I would LOVE some horizontal progression, but they would have to rework the entire game to make it work. I just don't see that happening.
    (4)

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast