Player
    Character
    Overlord Mitron
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 63

Quick Synth Dyes

why can we still not do quick synthesis for dyes? It seems a little redundant to allow for 1 star/2 star items from 2.xx to now be quick synthable but not dyes.
    (6)

Greetings,

We're happy to let you all know that we will be making it possible to use quick synthesis to craft dyes as well as glamour catalysts in Patch 3.2.

Hang in there!
    (22)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    W'fharl Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    inb4 "mindlessly spam-crafting these for days at a time was my only source of income and if people can quick-synth them I lose me edge on the markets gg square unsub"

This is wonderful news, even if I never make more than four at a time anyway. It's good to have options!
    (6)
    あっきれた。

Player
    Character
    Raifu Kurogaea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Finally, I can make my Dalamud Red dyes and watch tv at the same time WITHOUT touching my controller. Thanks Zhexos X)

Now to recommend multi-desynthing.....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rasha'zi Molkoh
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    I actually think these two changes to dyes and glamours are going to kill the market for them. One thing that makes them somewhat stable on the mb (for my server at least) is that fact it's not a quick synth. Not going to boycott the change or anything I just feel it hurts the economy more than helping it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbid View Post
    I actually think these two changes to dyes and glamours are going to kill the market for them. One thing that makes them somewhat stable on the mb (for my server at least) is that fact it's not a quick synth. Not going to boycott the change or anything I just feel it hurts the economy more than helping it.
    ... because an economy where it costs an upwards of 10m gil for a weapon people buy for aesthetics isn't already a big mess, right?
    (8)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Dyes are already a one-step synthesis anyway, so Quick Synth won't actually make it any faster, just have a few less keypresses involved. With no HQ available there's no need for touch steps, and the synth difficulty is only 51. Even without quick synth, you could make a whole stack in a couple minutes, and that's far more than would actually sell on the MB anyway. I doubt just being able to do it with fewer keypresses would make any real change in how many dyes people make. Gathering the pigments and crystals is the most time consuming part of making them.

If it's stable on the MB it's because most of your server's crafters have figured out how many they can make and have them actually sell rather than sit there unsold for months. (Occasionally, a new crafter might come along and try it and you'll have a glut for a while, but eventually they'll back out of the market or scale back to more appropriate volumes better matching your server's demand.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 01-30-2016 at 04:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Um... really? Dyes are rock bottom on my server at least, so this change isn't going to do anything. I honestly don't think quick synth is to blame here. It's not THAT much slower to synth them all manually, it's just annoying as you have to keep clicking on the synthesis button.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    But quick synth is not really faster than normal synth.
    It is only usefull to synth afk.
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 01-30-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    What if...rare dyes become craftable at levl 60, for example, but are not quick synth capable - i'm thinking in terms of new metallic or pastel dyes beyond the ones we have. Also, how about a multi-grade glamor prism (or a tier 6 prism), again not quick synth. It would transfer some worth to higher level crafting....
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast