Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    how many ping requests did it do? I had done a 100 requests at a time, and while half the time i got normal pings, other times I got pings over 100ms.. If you just do a standard ping, it will only ping 4 times and not get a big enough sample.
    My ping tests are always a minimum of 100 times. If you look at my separate post with my traceroutes and ping results I was doing 1000 pings as a test.

One thing I'm curious of is other people's traceroutes. I want to know if the ISPs such as Mediacom and Pipex are going through a Cox router to get to Asianetcom. Someone made a good point that Cox could be leasing bandwidth to these providers (it's a common thing) and if they have to hit a Cox router to go from the USA to Japan, we can't rule out that the ISP isn't totally at fault.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orophin; 10-25-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I'll update I contacted cox, and they claimed to get some kind of P3 errors when talking to my modem. So i may be like Pia and have some other problem with my modem. But i suspect once they are done fixing it i will be like her and still have issues. This could explain why my ping doesnt match up to your results Orophin. Altho I still would like to make this test if i can get enough people to join me tonight. To see what results there are at which location with which ISP all at the same time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'll run a 1000 ping test to Google tonight when the R0s start kicking in in-game and post results with my hardware specs again.

Something else I'm going to try...I'm going to make a character on one of the lowest populated servers and see if I have the same problem. I know Lindblum, Selbina and Figaro are all highly populated servers and these are all servers people are having issues on. While it doesn't make sense to me that the same people are having the same problem every night, it could at least narrow down the problem a bit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Orophin; 10-25-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zoltan Zornfaust
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'll do the ping test tonight as Drako suggested.

I would like to tell you that I have Cox ISP. I just upgraded to 50Mbps download speed (Their Ultimate package) and still have periodic nightly R0 since 1.19. I know for a fact that Cox has been changing their network because they nor throttle upload connections from 13Mbps approximate actual connection down to 5Mbps.

I am actually getting about 62Mbps download speeds using their own test.

It definitely be a network issue somewhere on the internet, but it seems that its just server load issues to me. It is really to bad that they didn't give us the /sea all option so we could see how many people are online on our servers.
    (0)

5. 10-25-2011 02:26 AM

Player
    Character
    Leon Lamperouge
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    @Zoltan, I'm interested in seeing your results from your ping test. Could you keep us updated if you are still receiving intermittent R0's throughout prime hours?

I'm curious with your case because the next step I was going to take was to upgrade my internet speed to see if it would help alleviate the R0 issues... However, if you've got a 50 mbps connection and it's still R0'ing then I might as well not bother with the upgrade.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dovienya Cuenn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I don't know what's more disgusting, the fact that there has been NO rep response, or the fact that they're wanting to start charging us within the next few weeks. I fortunately, am not having this issue, but a good friend of mine is, and because of this is unable to play with me. I have been reading this forum thread for the past several days and am absolutely appalled at the apathy displayed by the representatives of this forum. I had high hopes that in the new game, S-E would be able to repair their terrible customer service image from FFXI, but apparently this isn't so. Having her account hacked in ffxi, my girlfriend had to wait six (6) MONTHS to get her account returned to her, and this is after calling once a week to harass them regarding the issue.

If S-E really wants to start charging us for this game, which i really do enjoy, they really need to step up their game. They shouldn't rely on their player base to fix their problems. That is a terrible customer service model.

edit: sorry for the double post, hit enter accidentally and prematurely posted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Ya I wouldnt do that Blue not unless you got many other benefits to look at. This game should be able to function fine. I know a guy that plays this on dial-up and has less problems then we do, on the same server.... Plus think of how upset your going to be when you do upgrade, and you still have the problems?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pia Chi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Drako, I can help test with you tonight, send me a /tell in game when you're ready .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Wow nice your on my server Pia!! lol awesome :B
    (0)

Player

i am having these same problems and i have only been getting them since 1.19
    (0)
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast