Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Allow a mage class to get spell to teleport to each main camp then you allow to teleport to the sub camp. This give more reason to have a mage in your party beside healing. You still need anima to be allow to teleport to the sub teleport from each main one.

For the craft allow them to teleport to the camp if they have the leves and they use up the anima .

Guildleves: Need to go to camp A
    "Teleport A you reach camp A

This way you still need a mage to teleport your party to a guildleves but for the craft they give you the teleport as long as you have the anima for it. Or you can ask a mage to teleport you there if you out of anima.

It's a win win for both.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 03-13-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Player

I would very much dislike it if they removed teleport.

I am low on anima all the time that I end up having to walk a lot anyway. I'd definitely use chocobos and airships (once they are in game) in addition to teleporting. </3 walking around everywhere ~.~;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veasna Akash
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemerrin View Post
    IMO, kill two birds with one stone.

People want a more prominent death penalty. Make players lose anima on death. Gives people a reason to not die, counter-balances the effectiveness of "blood ports", and makes teleporting a much more coveted system. Perhaps tweak the regeneration rates / maximum amount stored down a bit as well.

Players will be more inclined to use Chocobos and Airships to save their anima for emergency ports.
    ^This, i like this idea a lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Veasna; 03-13-2011 at 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling, alot is not a word :s

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Also with this teleport system you really don't need to have the camp to get to other city just /sh for the teleport which at the end the players never get to see how the area look outside lock it so you have to reach the point to be allow to get teleport there. Seeing how they may reskin all the areas why not take out the system and put what i said on top. I think this would be the best system if they do it.

Allow a mage class to get spell to teleport to each main camp then you allow to teleport to the sub camp. This give more reason to have a mage in your party beside healing. You still need anima to be allow to teleport to the sub teleport from each main one.

For the craft allow them to teleport to the camp if they have the leves and they use up the anima .

Guildleves: Need to go to camp A
    "Teleport A you reach camp A

This way you still need a mage to teleport your party to a guildleves but for the craft they give you the teleport as long as you have the anima for it. Or you can ask a mage to teleport you there if you out of anima.

It's a win win for both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trinta Wins
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 7
    You wouldn't need a mage in your party to teleport you, you would just need to equip the ability.
    (0)
    ----------------------------
    Interim solutions are for pansies.

Player
    Character
    Edeon Vails
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemerrin View Post
    IMO, kill two birds with one stone.

People want a more prominent death penalty. Make players lose anima on death. Gives people a reason to not die, counter-balances the effectiveness of "blood ports", and makes teleporting a much more coveted system. Perhaps tweak the regeneration rates / maximum amount stored down a bit as well.

Players will be more inclined to use Chocobos and Airships to save their anima for emergency ports.
    But what would happen if you have 0 anima and you die? It wouldn't really solve the problem.

I wouldn't like them to remove to system. Why not restrict it. You should only be able to teleport at aetherytes.

For the casual players, anima would still be there. It is really convenient if someone logs in and wants to do just a couple of leves.

For the hardcore players, who run out of anima in a minute, chocobos would allow them to move in the region. And airships between regions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jake Roon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by trinta View Post
    Phew, that explains it. I'll stop trying to figure out how to level WHM so I can not take a huge step backward in limited-enough-as-it-is transportation modes.
    was that sass?

You were sassing me weren't you?
    (0)

Player

I think if they made mages have teleports it would just be a time sink and everyone would level mages. Nothing prevents you from swapping jobs in the field or cross equipping abilities. I guess I don't see the point in doing it that way. I'd rather everyone has access to them without needing to grind up some specific job just because.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jake Roon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by moatcarp View Post
    I think if they made mages have teleports it would just be a time sink and everyone would level mages. Nothing prevents you from swapping jobs in the field or cross equipping abilities. I guess I don't see the point in doing it that way. I'd rather everyone has access to them without needing to grind up some specific job just because.

BECAUSE that's the way it was in FFXI , don't you know OMG! This is supposed to be JUsT like FFXI!!!1!!!one!!!!!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I could live with the ability to only teleport from aetheryte to aetheryte (instead of from anywhere to aetheryte) and a reduction of anima regen if:

a)Chocobos were available from most camps or could be used as personal mounts.
    b)Airships were twice as fast as in XI and also stopped at a lot of places (like those small wooden structures all over La Noscea, and other areas).

While I do agree that teleporting from anywhere to anywhere can make the world feel disjoint, if you remove our current teleport system without giving something almost as convenient back, most people will react negatively. Either way, I doubt they'll do anything drastic with this system at this point.

Something I'd like to see, regardless of what they do, is the "Teleport" option to bring up the Eorzea map, and show you the list of regions/aetherytes there, ala FFX/FFXII.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast