Player
    Character
    Nex Ixchel
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Is there a way to lock the chat window?

I am constantly accidentally pulling tabs off or nudging my chat window around when changing tabs. Is there a way to lock it's position in place? If not, can you please add it, because it's desperately needed!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nex Ixchel
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    So, I'm guessing that there is no way to lock the chat window. Again last night I accidentally dragged my chat window across the screen when trying to change from one tab back to the General (first tab). Please give us an option to lock the location! The rest of the UI doesn't suffer from this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saarna Shani
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    there is no way to lock it though for me. it is not the chat window that i drag across the screen. it is the loot window i decide to drag across the screen. i place my chat box to the bottom left corner for me. loot window it a small gap above the chat window. i drag the loot window more than any window in the UI. so i would like a lock icon for the windows that are out of the HUD set up. since we have to go into the HUD display to move them around.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Griffon Grey
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    What are you playing on?

On the PS4, I don't think the chat box can be moved or changed in size. At least not that I am aware and I have somewhat try to look into it as I wanted to make it smaller, but don't seem to be able to.to so. It's the only window that cannot be edited.

It can be hidden as far as I know. In the chat box, press right once and the square original button.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    It can actually be resized, although its very difficult to do with the controller. I've never managed it.
    If you can connect a mouse if only temporary its very easy to resize the chat box. Just click and drag the top right corner of the box, your mouse pointer changes when you have the right spot.
    It works the same as on pc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nex Ixchel
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by wentouch View Post
    What are you playing on?
    I play on a PC. It is really really annoying to have my chat window move when I change tabs. The other day, it moved halfway across my screen because I had a small video pause when I clicked the tab.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by wentouch View Post
    On the PS4, I don't think the chat box can be moved or changed in size. At least not that I am aware and I have somewhat try to look into it as I wanted to make it smaller, but don't seem to be able to.to so.
    It can be moved or re-sized with a controller. It's just a bit awkward because you have to make the controller act like a mouse.
    • Press L1 + R3 together to start "mouse mode". (Don't be on the chat box or any other window that assigns a special meaning to L1 when you do this, or it won't work.)
    • While in mouse mode, the right analog stick moves the mouse cursor and L2 / R2 act as left and right mouse buttons.
    • Drag (hold L2 while moving right analog) the top right corner of the chat window to resize it.
    • Drag the tabs at the bottom of the window to move them. (Dragging the first "General" tab moves the whole window. I'm not sure if dragging a different tab also moves the window or separates it out to form an additional chat window.)
    • When finished, press L1 + R3 together to turn mouse mode back off. (De-select the window first if needed. You again can't be on anything that reassigns L1.)
    The extra complexity of switching to mouse mode means that controller users aren't going to have the problem that the OP does of moving it accidentally. The lock window option she's requesting is only needed for keyboard/mouse players who might accidentally drag when they meant to just click.
    (1)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 12-11-2015 at 04:34 AM.