Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Sexuality in Eorzea seems to be very open and a case of 'anything goes' - homosexual and bisexual characters are regarded pretty much the same way as heterosexual characters. The exception seems to be the two male adventurers connected to the Wanderer's Palace HM quest, who state that the miqo'te of the pair was thrown out of his tribe for being gay, although that might be simply because he wasn't interested in satisfying the females of the tribe as a nuhn (the Sunseekers having a very rigid breeding tradition) and not because he was specifically gay.

Speaking of the Sunseekers, during a level 30ish quest for the U Tribe at Forgotten Springs (where the player helps shoo away peeping toms leching at female miqo'te bathers in the oasis, if your character is female the miqo'te quest npc will actually flirt with the player, suggesting that she is a lesbian.

And of course, this isn't the first time in the game where a female player character has been propositioned by another female npc - players who started in Ul'dah in 1.0 experienced this within the first minute of starting the game! (although as she was clearly a prostitute I guess that doesn't really count, but the fact she's clearly disappointed that you are unable to afford her 'services' perhaps hints she might prefer women anyway):

And still on 1.0, if you selected a miqo'te Path Companion in 1.0 if you also played a female character she then basically spends 90% of the time making passes at or flirting openly with your character (although she also stated she was enjoying sleeping with men too, such as the 'male friend' whom she got the location of Moonspore Grove from, it's a long story - making her technically bisexual in any event):

And that says nothing about the Ceremony of Eternal Bonding where same sex ceremonies are regarded exactly the same as a male-female ceremony. Then there was the vendor for the 'Rising' event in 2014 (the girl who was dressed as Minfilia from 1.0), who stated if selected 'small talk' reveals her wife made her the outfit.

Really, Eorzea is a very open place when it comes to sexuality, perhaps more so than real life.
    (14)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 12-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Juan Spellsinger
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Oh OK thank you was just curious. The only thing that's a big nono is interracial correct.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by liljramos88 View Post
    Oh OK thank you was just curious. The only thing that's a big nono is interracial correct.
    Nope not specifically that.

Sometimes inter-special [different species like above] in the pics I posted.

Sometimes its classes like statuses or stations in society: rich debutant merchant's daughter dating a working class miner.

Broken betrothals and racial differences.

It is sometimes different tribes of same race or beast tribe with non beast tribe like: An Elezen with a primal deity or a dragon.

Or a non bandit leaving a village or society to live with a pack of outlaws or hunters over love interests.

-- it depends..sometimes its ignored all together.
    (3)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 12-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Kurohime Ryutsuki
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    The cat girl bathing in forgotten springs swings both way at the end of the quest if hat counts?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Varsir Ishtear
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by liljramos88 View Post
    The only thing that's a big nono is interracial correct.
    Not even, if you've done the lvl 60 CUL quest. The way the couple interact is so damn cute.
    (2)
    The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it..

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    For interracial I believe that might be more of an Elezan thing (I'm pretty sure the other half of the WP couple was Elezan and specifically mentions that.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    [QUOTE=Astral145;3458912]What the heck is up with this "openly" nonsense? Seriously you are either gay or not gay or bi or strait... whatever floats your boat.... but seriously its 2015 if you are still hiding in the closet well you need go to one of those clubs to "open" up and just be you. Why be embarrassed? No reason to... if somebody doesn't like you because of your personal life oh well its not your problem its their problem and 90% of the time those are the people that are miserable and hating life.

<insert more dribble here> QUOTE]

A game forum isn't really an appropriate place to bring up a real world issue like this. In the context of the game world? Sure. Go ahead. But as for real world politics? No thanks.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Pence:

The term "openly gay" is a dumb term. It makes it sound like its some kind of disease. Being gay is not a disease its the they are and there is nothing wrong with that. I support gay rights even though "I happen to be Openly Straight" <--- see how that term doesn't make sense and it shouldn't. This is a forum and I can express how I feel about something and if someone takes offence oh well not my problem. Do people even think about the things that are being said to them?
    (2)

Were numbers invented or discovered? How many Moogles does it take to make Kuponut rum? Answer: zero... They will give you a quest to make it.

Player
    Character
    Holy Emmerololth
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Astral145 View Post
    Pence:

The term "openly gay" is a dumb term. It makes it sound like its some kind of disease. Being gay is not a disease its the they are and there is nothing wrong with that. I support gay rights even though "I happen to be Openly Straight" <--- see how that term doesn't make sense and it shouldn't. This is a forum and I can express how I feel about something and if someone takes offence oh well not my problem. Do people even think about the things that are being said to them?
    It's nice of you to share your opinion, but what does that have to do with FFXIV or its lore? This is the lore forum, not tumblr or Reddit.

I completely agree with him, it's fine for discussion in a XIV context, but why bring real-world politics in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them?
    (18)
    Last edited by CyrilLucifer; 12-01-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrilLucifer View Post
    It's nice of you to share your opinion, but what does that have to do with FFXIV or its lore? This is the lore forum, not tumblr or Reddit.

I completely agree with him, it's fine for discussion in a XIV context, but why bring real-world politics in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with them?
    What does "Openly Gay" have to do with anything about the lore of the game?
    (3)

Were numbers invented or discovered? How many Moogles does it take to make Kuponut rum? Answer: zero... They will give you a quest to make it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast