Character
    Thayos Redblade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

HARD four-man dungeons

From this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ip_minor_news/

However, if there is a lot of demand, they will create separate 4-man raids.
    Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us HARD CONTENT that doesn't require finding and syncing our schedules with seven other people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a ton of casual/midcore gamers who don't have time to commit to 8-man raid groups would LOVE this. And making these hard dungeons with variable paths/objectives would make a true alternative path to endgame content.

Coordinating the schedules of four people is just massively easier than eight. And as more players go through these raids, who knows? People would have to learn to play their jobs better, and this might broaden the size of the 8-man raid community, too.

Do it do it do it do it. No reason not to.

I thought Diadem would be that much-needed accessible endgame content -- but it wasn't. This game needs that badly.

Also, and maybe a Dev can answer this: What is the best way to show demand for content that doesn't exist in the game?
    (70)
    Last edited by Thayos; 12-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taei Tertots
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 90
    I was discussing this with a friend. It would be nice to release one harder dungeon that will reward players with double Eso, but obviously add in difficult mechanics etc. Another thing to add is to maybe make it the current dungeon ilevel but make it Aetherial gear.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    It'd be interesting if raids had two versions, 4 or 8 man, and you could choose. Obviously the mechanics and damage would need gearing between the options but it could also act as a 'trainer' for those who do it as 8 man. A loot lockout could be shared between the two but if the loot was the same it would allow people like me, and the OP, to experience end tier content but are unable to commit to 8 man teams.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Thayos Redblade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I think this should go beyond just dungeons you grind for tokens; I think four-man "raid" dungeons should literally be a completely different arm of endgame, complete with their own unique drops and reward systems.

This game is mostly designed to cater to a casual/midcore audience, but the only long-lasting endgame is hardcore raid content that only 2 percent of the population can complete. It just doesn't really make sense. This game needs some kind of endgame that everyone can get more easily involved with. Like I said earlier, I thought that would be Diadem, but clearly it's not. Diadem requires absolutely zero skill; it's nothing but a loot pinata.

Give us honest four-man raid dungeons (and alleviate the huge constraint of needing seven other people) and that would go a long way toward filling the giant gap.

It'd be interesting if raids had two versions, 4 or 8 man, and you could choose. Obviously the mechanics and damage would need gearing between the options but it could also act as a 'trainer' for those who do it as 8 man. A loot lockout could be shared between the two but if the loot was the same it would allow people like me, and the OP, to experience end tier content but are unable to commit to 8 man teams.
    That's a great idea too! I'd prefer dedicated four-man raid dungeons, because even traditional 8-man raiders would enjoy the 4-man dungeons, but anything is better than nothing at this point.
    (10)

Character
    Hugo Fact
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    As long as it's not put into DF until the next set of Hard Dungeons are added.

They'll only get nerfed otherwise for the 'casuals'.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Natashi Tamaruo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 63
    It should be a different source of endgame. One of the problems I have with this game's "endgame" and why I don't bother with it, is because the single goal post gets pushed back every other patch. I already know that the drops are obsolete and serve no purpose for the 96%+ of the game's content.
    (2)
    Is it reset Tuesday yet.

I question whether I'm playing a PvE game with PvP mixed in, or I am I playing a PfG.

Player
    Character
    Thayos Redblade
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    As long as it's not put into DF until the next set of Hard Dungeons are added.
    It could be easily PF'd if it's just four people. Maintaining a static of four like-minded people would be infinitely easier than meeting the demands of a party of 8. No need for the DF.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Adrian Ryder
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Make it difficult and less linear than the rest and you got yourself a deal. I would do it, and I know a few others who would as well.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Thayos View Post
    Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us HARD CONTENT that doesn't require finding and syncing our schedules with seven other people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This. They could even make it so it's similar to void ark and other crystal towers where you can lot 1 item a week allowing people to help out other players in the instances without the whole: "If someone has beaten it you get no/less loot."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thayos View Post
    From this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ip_minor_news/

Yes please. I want to get back into raiding but my work schedule no longer grants me such a luxury. I hope they seriously consider this. I would even take a 6-man raid if they want to ease into 4-mans.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast