Player
    Character
    Aruna Erya
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Bought this game a few days ago, questions

Hello, i started playing a few days ago and i like this game, but i have a few concerns/questions.

First of all, why cant i create a Dark Knight? Bard? Rogue? Or other such classes? I see the in-game at my level but when i go to create a new character i dont see those anywhere, i also paid for the expansion and applied it, i was excited to try out the new classes first in the new starting area(thats what i assume that it is).

Also, is stuff like weaving worth doing? Will i actually get good gear through crafting? My class is the Tharmaturge(if thats how you spell it) and crafting my own gear is nice.

Where can i buy a mount? I am kinda tired of running from place to place lately and would like faster transportation, i see others having mounts in my leveling areas and im wondering if im missing something.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nhadaly; 11-30-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aruna Erya
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Continuation of the previous post since this forum has a character limitation for some stupid reason.

Is there something that can let me see where the hunting log mobs are? I mean, on the map, cause i wanna do all of the hunting log stuff if possble and i already missed some from lvl 20-30 and some Immortal Flame stuff and i wanna do those.

The thing that i was surprised by is that people actually use the Player Commodation system, i thought that nobody would use it, i thought it was gonna end up the same way as the League of Legends Honor system, that everyone would forget about it after some time, is there any way to disable the end-dungeon "duty complete" thing so that i can give some away too? Cause when i get out of that everyone has already left and i cant give away any then.

While there are some outdated mechanics (tab-targeting fighting, holy trinity, kill/collect quests), the game is still nice and ill continue playing, the game is nice.

I havent met any people so i dont know how the community is so far but i heard that its better than other games.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nhadaly; 11-30-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arch Idealist
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    You can't create the Bard, because the Archer gets at level 30 quest to become the Bard. Btw. at level thirty you should level up the Archer to level 15, to get your Black Mage quest. You should not stay Thaumaturge any longer, as it is not an viable option.

The Dark Knight, Machinist and Astrologian are available once you finish level 50 quests leading to the Heavensward. Also you can't access the expansion areas till you get throught the main story quest line leading there.

Crafting your own gear isn't a good option. You should wait with the craft till you hit max level and even then it is only to save / make gil.

At level 30 you should have both your chocobo and the ability to fight alongside it. You get it from your grand company for the grand company seals after which you are supposed to name it (The quest is called My Little Chocobo and you get in Ul'dah). The fighting chocobo is learned in the Bentbranch Meadows after finishing a side quest (My Feisty Little Chocobo).

In the hunting log each of the monsters is telling you the location of the monsters. You have to find the exact spot yourself tho.

In your settings you can disable the option to see cutscenes if you have already seen them, they can also be skipped manually. Players get rewards for getting the commendations and also there is a weekly reward for giving them out, after you do a side quest in Limsa Lominsa to unlock the Challenge log.

btw. You can edit your post to write longer messages.
    (6)
    Last edited by Archaell; 11-30-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lele Santoix
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You start the game as a "class", once you hit level 30 in that class you will see a new quest icon in your guild to access your "job".
    If the quest icon is red, it's because you need to have your class to 30 (thaumaturge) and level another class to 15 (archer for Black Mage) in order to access it.

Class -> Job
    Gladiator-> Paladin
    Marauder -> Warrior
    Conjurer -> White Mage
    Arcanist -> Summoner/Scholar
    Pugilist -> Monk
    Rogue -> Ninja
    Lancer -> Dragoon
    Archer -> Bard
    Thaumaturge -> Black Mage
    (5)
    Last edited by Meimi_chan; 11-30-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Arcspeed
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    You can also find good gears outside of crafting through dungeons, raids or trading in certain items/tomes but will require some luck to get them to drop however trying out on crafting isn't a bad thing anyway. When you got it to higher level, you can craft gears for your other classes and also to generate income.

If you are looking for the mob's exact location, http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Hunting_Log lists the hunting log for all classes with their coordinates so it helps.

Cutscene skipping (after viewing them the first time) should be somewhere in the System Menu, under Character Configuration in the General Tab. There's an option that lets you skip the same cutscene if you have seen it before. You can manually skip by pressing the Esc Button on keyboard. (No idea about PS3/4)

As for the mount quest, accept a sidequest call "My Little Chocobo" (Level 20) from the Grand Company Representative of the one you selected in their respective city states.

Also I notice you're in Odin too so if you have more questions you can ask me in-game whenever I'm online.
    (1)
    Last edited by KinnisonArc; 11-30-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lele Santoix
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't really remember it, but I think you can get the mount around level 20, after you chose a Grand Company.
    You should check the chocobo porter...
    I think you need 2000 GC seals to buy the permit to get the mount.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aruna Erya
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Thanks, ill look into doing all of those side quests, though ill probably stay as a Thaumaturge as i am not in the mood to play a class i dont like.

Many thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arch Idealist
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhadaly View Post
    Thanks, ill look into doing all of those side quests, though ill probably stay as a Thaumaturge as i am not in the mood to play a class i dont like.

Many thanks.
    You will not stay the Thaumaturge, because everybody would hate you.

As I said it is not an option. If you don't do your Black Mage quest, you aren't going to get many of your abilities.

The game is designed that every job (except the three new ones) has to level another job to level 15 and do their level 30 quest to continue their progression.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Arcspeed
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    If Thaumaturge is the only class you will be playing, you should at least still get Archer to level 15 as the requirement to further advance into Black Mage which unlocks further quests, bonus stat and additional skills for your Thaumaturge.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aruna Erya
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Great, so i have to play a class i dont like for 15 whole levels before i can progress further -_-

How fun, oh well, its a 1-time thing i guess, but i hate that i have to do it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast