Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by SooChe View Post
    A group parser should be needed. How are we gonna compare ourselves with the rest then, if we can only see our own numbers.
    I don't think a group parser is needed. Over all group DPS and then your DPS should be more than enough to determine if you're doing well or not. You don't need to see everyone's exact DPS, just your own. If you're only doing 10% of the over all DPS compared to others in your party then you should know you need some work done on perfecting your class.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Boy Friend
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I think enmity generated is an indicator of DPS output. While not the best you can somewhat see who in your party is lagging behind.
    (1)

Player

And what I said is the tip of the ice berg of what I have seen in this and other MMO.

Do i need to remind players how WOW preformed groups shouts were like?? Stating the content how much dps you're required to do and needing to link the achivment. And that game was filled with "you suck, you suck more" fights.
    (5)
    Last edited by Azazua_azura; 12-01-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazumac View Post
    Honestly I understand your point but I just don't agree that some people's fears and difficulty handling certain social situations is a good reason to deny us a useful enhancement to the game.
    SE has to think about these things as they are a service provider, and ultimately they can be held responsible if something they doleads to abuse of other players. I'm not contending that there would be a tidal wave of abuse, I'm merely pointing out that SE has no choice but to consider these things.

I think we probably just disagree here. The constructive discussion is really about where we should deny information. Such as allow personal parsers all the time and group parsers for content with relevant dps checks (ex primals, savage raids). Or where personal parsers are always available and that you can opt in on group parsers (like loot master or under sized settings). This keeps it out of DF and available to those groups who want to use it.
    Perhaps we disagree regarding abuse, but ironically, I've suggested an opt-in parser for group content previously, but apparently that would result in more abuse because parser proponents would kick those not opting in. Really, I have no problem with a personal parser, it's hard to see how it could result in abuse, and an opt-in group parser would as you posted here and I've previously suggested, keeps parsers out of DF, which is the most likely place to see abuse, and yet gives those that want it, theoption to use it.

So, our suggestions for how an official parser could be implemented are pretty much the same, though we may differ on how to handle fears of harassment. Though if the parser were implemented as you suggest here, I think it would reduce that fear greatly.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kha'tan Moapaln
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeking View Post
    I think enmity generated is an indicator of DPS output. While not the best you can somewhat see who in your party is lagging behind.
    Read my previous posts on why this is inadequate and not a good indicator of dps output or a useful tool to help yourself improve.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aria Elunia
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    There was time when I gave a BLM Smoke Screen (as a NIN) in Void Ark, and he didn't like it, because he was not at number 2 in the enmity list anymore, and told me to f*** off. I really loved it. I think I'm gonna keep doing it to those kind of people.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I find it rather hard to believe when certain someones always seem to see harassment over low DPS everywhere, and it always happens to someone else in their group, they are there just as a witness.. And then we have people saying enmity list is a good way to gauge if someone is playing their job well.

I dunno if its the lack of sleep or what, but I find it rather hard to believe these people and take them seriously when the stories sound made up.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kha'tan Moapaln
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    Well we aren't far off in terms of what we think is a valid solution for sure.

As far as the abuse aspect we may disagree. I just really don't focus on it in game. If someone starts mouthing off in a group, I remove them. If it's not my group I leave and go do something more productive. I have reported two instances of harassment. One for racial slurs and one for a multi boxer who had multiple afk characters in their group and foul language when called out about it since we were failing mechanics. But someone saying your dps sucks as one poster's example on page 14... That's hardly in the same category of harassment. That is easily handled by removing them or just ignoring it if it's one comment.

Yes SE does need to consider the ramifications of their actions but at some point they have to assume we can talk about dps as adults if they want to continue with their current direction in raid level encounter design. Which is what our suggestions move towards.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kazumac; 12-01-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Melodiane Valerian
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 42
    Enmity is more of an indicator of crit and burst, not dps.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Tl;Dr of this thread:
    OP asked for personal parser and everything was fine untill parser bi**h squad arrived afraid of being harrassed and started fighting against something that wasn't even requested by OP.
    In my opinion most people who use parser just avoid playing with bad people as harrassing them would actually get them banned. 1 dungeon run is enough to find out if you will be playing with that person again or not (edit: cannot be applied to DF OFC).
    (14)
    Last edited by StrejdaTom; 12-01-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast