Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Exclamation Absolute frustration at not being able to see my own DPS (ps4)

Basically what the title says.

I've started levelling ninja and the inability to critique my own opener or be able to see rotation errors dps wise in a dungeon is just so frustrating. I feel like I'm running completely blind without a parser (ps4 player here).

For some reason people get up in arms about parsing but I don't care about seeing other people's or not. I want to be able to see my own to properly learn a class.

There was a whisper of a in game parser palace that's basically never been spoke of again, is that still a thing that's going to happen?

Is it such a big deal to implement a personal parser? You would only be able to see yourself that way and not use it to bully others or whatever it is SE are worried about.
    (63)

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Never spoken of again? It's been mentioned quite a lot recently, but yes, it's still in development. Likely going to be implemented in 3.2.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    For now,you can ask some PC player in your FC.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blue Kitty
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlilley View Post
    I feel like I'm running completely blind without a parser (ps4 player here)
    You mean like every other player. /wink
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Professor Moon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    If you want game play critiques, share your videos on YouTube from your ps4 and post them in a forum related to your class. People will nitpick the shit out of your rotations and CD usage and you will get some helpful feedback
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Zosia Twinrova
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I am legit sorry that you have to be treated like a second class player because a few people get their fragile egos destroyed by parsers.

As Kahnom said, the only current remedy is to ask a PC player you trust to parse you. Even then, I know that it's just a band-aid fix for really delving into how to improve your performance since live data is much more helpful than dps measured over a time frame.
    (25)

Character
    Hugo Fact
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorful View Post
    Never spoken of again? It's been mentioned quite a lot recently, but yes, it's still in development. Likely going to be implemented in 3.2.
    I just want a parser on my UI, not some Beginner Hall fluff added to the Gold Saucer that can probably be ace'd whilst watching Netflix :/
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Thank you for the replies.
    I do ask PC friends to help me for my main class but having to ask someone to stand there for hours while I mess around with cooldowns and such is a big favour.

If I could see my own dps I could also nitpick things that haven't worked right, combinations of cool downs and such. I have no idea why people have bruised egos about this, a self parser that no one else could see could only be a asset to improve players, right?

@Colourful : can you link me where they've recently mentioned it will be avaliable in 3.2? It's so sorely needed
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhuni View Post
    I just want a parser on my UI, not some Beginner Hall fluff added to the Gold Saucer that can probably be ace'd whilst watching Netflix :/
    ..... Please say that's not what beginner hall is going to be. Nooooo
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlilley View Post

@Colourful : can you link me where they've recently mentioned it will be avaliable in 3.2? It's so sorely needed
    Can't link that as it was never explicately stated to be released for 3.2, but they did say they wanted to release it soon. Before 3.1 there words were that they wanted to release it for 3.1, but didn't have time. It's safe to assume that means it will get released in 3.2 though, but it's all speculation. They did talk about it in a recent interview, mostly acknowledging fan made creations of what it could be, and with "Faust-sensei" or whatever.
    (1)

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast