Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by zosia View Post
    I am legit sorry that you have to be treated like a second class player because a few people get their fragile egos destroyed by parsers.
    I'm not sorry for not wanting parsers.
    Theres a dps checker in the game. Its called the bosses HP and enrage timer.
    You need only bring enough DPS to clear the enrage timers. Anything extra is a bonus. I can understand the burning need to improve ones own DPS. I just don't want to have tools built into the game to measure numbers because most people do not comprehend what they're looking at.

You need to consider the ramp-up times of each Job individually, apply those ramp-up times to various boss phases that cause rotational resets, consider adds into the equation and then take gear into account.
    Some bosses are a nightmare for some classes (BRD/MCH on Ravana, needing to be a pretend melee but with cast times) while other fights can be harder for the melees, with AoEs that need to be constantly avoided.
    Since each encounter treats the various Jobs differently, its kind of pointless to announce "I can do 1200 DPS on Faust" Then only do 950 on Oppressor and wonder why. You have to understand that your average DPS numbers are going to spike about based on encounter.
    I wont say a parser is 100% useless, it does provide some useful baselines, but if we had one acknowledged by Square then we'd all get judged, whether rightly or wrongly, by someones personal opinion on what someone elses DPS should be at any given time.
    We only have 1 set rotation for each class. Understanding that isn't hard, but mastering it is. I haven't needed a parser to improve my Bards DPS. It improved on its own while i was fine-tuning my skill usage and timings.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Odett Telos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeking View Post
    If everything wasn't a DPS check in this game, there wouldn't be a need for this.

Good read here unconventional DPS tests.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...mage_dps_test/
    so the solution is absolving DPS players of the only responsibility they have?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    [/I].snip.
    OP just wants to improve which should always be encouraged, parsers are great because some other player could easily out dps you on a dps check and you wouldn't even know and that kills me I need to know cause unlike most of the community I want to pull my weight and play the class I am to its limits...a parser if used for the right reasons is a irreplaceable tool
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Aera Lure
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Problem is most PC users already have a parser running at all times, so you are being judged constantly, and are at a disadvantage if you are on a PS4 and cannot see it yourself so as to improve. I can't see how Yoshida could say he's not sure the community could use it responsibly when it's already in a worse state than if it was out there in the first place.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by AeraLure View Post
    Problem is most PC users already have a parser running at all times, so you are being judged constantly, and are at a disadvantage if you are on a PS4 and cannot see it yourself so as to improve. I can't see how Yoshida could say he's not sure the community could use it responsibly when it's already in a worse state than if it was out there in the first place.
    play dcuo on ps3 then say something....
    @ thread
    I personally dislike what parser ended up doing to mmo communities. Not 1 time i saw any good from parsing, what people end up using it fir is to gloat dmg. use it to be little players playing well just not the conformed way, and removed working as a team.

It is annoying to be a fresh tank, healer and dps in this game alot of thanks goes to parsing. Just look at the forums, 1/2 the time people complain about "bad" players over dps. Yet not 1 person steps up to help, saying "read a guide" "watch a video" is not helping, and kicking people out is worst. Too much and too often ppl ram "dps" down everyones throats, give people time to master the content before saying stuff about dps.

Personally speaking I think people way over think this game, and it doing more harm then good.
    (6)
    Last edited by Azazua_azura; 11-30-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Odett Telos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    I'm not sorry for not wanting parsers.
    Theres a dps checker in the game. Its called the bosses HP and enrage timer.
    You need only bring enough DPS to clear the enrage timers. Anything extra is a bonus.
    So what do you do when a group wipes in the same part of a fight due to an enrage timer and no one is dying? Why is it easier to disband instead of seeing numbers and actually seeing what the issue is? Why is it better to be willfully ignorant?

People making a dungeon run 10 minutes slower isn't my main issue. I don't care about that, I'll pick up the slack from the NIN in the group who might as well have 1 key called "skill roulette" that uses a random attack. My issue is failing DPS checks, whether it be with friends/statics, or PuGs, and not having numbers to see what can be improved.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Odett Telos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomine1992 View Post
    OP just wants to improve which should always be encouraged, parsers are great because some other player could easily out dps you on a dps check and you wouldn't even know and that kills me I need to know cause unlike most of the community I want to pull my weight and play the class I am to its limits...a parser if used for the right reasons is a irreplaceable tool
    Yeah, exactly, thank you.

Some people just like playing their best and trying to improve. Watching a monster's HP bar drop in group content is by no means an accurate way to judge your own performance. A lot of players (myself included) would like the option to constantly gauge their dps during a fight and see what they can fine tune for the next try. Someone else wanting to remove that option because "I've never used one and don't personally see the need for one" is not a valid reason because parsers ARE useful when dps checks are not being met and there's no way to see what's going on, which is something that has never been answered by the anti-parser crowd to this day.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Odett Telos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazua_azura View Post
    play dcuo on ps3 then say something....
    Yet not 1 person steps up to help, saying "read a guide" "watch a video" is not helping, and kicking people out is worst. Too much and too often ppl ram "dps" down everyones throats, give people time to master the content before saying stuff about dps..
    Because some people don't play that job, so they cannot help. Even then, it is not my duty to teach someone their rotation while already in a fight. Imagine you're doing A1S with group composed of ilv 190 players. The MNK and DRG are doing roughly 1.2k DPS, which are solid numbers for that iLv if you know your rotation, the BRD is doing 1k, but the NIN is only doing 500dps. You constantly fail to meet the check, Faust uses Pressure Increase, wrecks the tank, and proceeds to kill the rest of the group. Why should the NIN not be kicked when they are not contributing enough damage to pass the fight? Why should an entire group disband, instead of dealing with the 1 problem that the group has?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Ruri Valeth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilraen View Post
    I think I remember that video. It was from their testing group running new content for quality control and difficulty gauging. That's for in-house use, they've never once said it was a future feature of the game. Though I believe Yoshida has stated that he's not sure the community could use such a thing responsibly. But that's about as credible a statement as that video.
    Yes that's the one i was mentioning. I know they didn't say anything about releasing it but it does exist somewhere in the game code.
    (0)
    Signature created by Selli (Thank you!) Glamour is the true end game. My favorite FFXIV screenshots and fanart collection: nihil242.tumblr.com

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Odett View Post
    -
    Enmity = Damage/healing.
    If your NIN is consistently below the Bard/MCH/Healers then the problem becomes quite clear, no need for a parser.

Quote Originally Posted by Odett View Post
    -
    If you can't clear the DPS check, despite being able to perfectly handle all non-DPS check mechanics as a group then the problem is:
    -Not enough gear across all your DPS.
    -Tanks not doing what they can to contribute to overall Damage Dealt (Example, only using the basic enmity combo)
    -Healers not contributing when the healing requirement is light.

None of those things require a Parser to check.

The very fact that the game has no built in damage meters suggests that the devs intended players to work out for themselves where problems are instead of pointing at a damage meter and screeching "look at him! Look! He's below the magical number threshold, KICK HIM!" despite that failure might have been better attributed to that super amazing DRG doing 1500 DPS but who failed entirely to do the mechanics properly.

If you hit the Enrage Timer, DPS is the problem. Discuss with your group that somewhere, someone has a DPS problem.
    Put a meter in there and suddenly every failure ever is going to be attributed whoever has the lowest DPS irrespective of whether an Enrage Timer was hit or not.

Maybe the devs intended us to actually talk to our groups instead of reading meters and assigning blame.

I use the Target Dummies to gauge how I'm improving by setting a timer and then counting how many times i can remove the health bar from the dummy in that time.
    Its not going to be perfect, nor display a shiny number you can use to boast to your friends, but it WILL let you know if you're improving.
    (5)
    Last edited by Sylve; 11-30-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast