Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Questions and Feedback on the Future of FINAL FANTASY XIV

Today, an announcement on the future of FINAL FANTASY XIV has been made. If there happens to be questions and/or feedback, they will be answered during the second broadcast of the Letter from the Producer LIVE so please post them on this thread.

To hold a discussion on this topic, please use other appropriate categories on the forums. Also when you create a thread for discussion, please use “ffxiv_future” as a tag.

* Please read here first for the full details on the future of FINAL FANTASY XIV before you make a post.
    * This thread will be closed after the second broadcast of the Letter from the Producer LIVE.
    (62)
    Gildrein - Community Team

Character
    Denmo Mcstronghuge
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Do you really expect players to stick around and pay for an incomplete game? I mean, I'm all for these incredibly awesome changes, but why are we being forced to pay when the game isn't even done?
    (73)

Player
    Character
    Teramia Miraelis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I'm more of a keyboard only gamer... All those implementations sound like I'm going to be forced to use the mouse. Will there still be some way to play with keyboard only?
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Blaetrot Pfarskoefsyn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    In the screenshot(which looks incredible, btw) what are those collection of dots to the bottom right? I'm going crazy trying to guess what they mean.

(P.S. Please add optional level caps to quest so I can feel challenged during quests which are not endgame, which is why I play the game.)
    (14)
    Ultimate FATE fix/redesign: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/92555-Making-FATEs-smarter!-%28Comprehensive-FATE-%28-guildleve-quest%29-fixes-redesign%29
    Better integrating DoH/L into the endgame: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/90616-Getting-DoH-DoL-more-involved-in-endgame-progression...-%28two-ideas%29

Player

I rarelly post on this Forum, but i think this is a perfect time to do so, first of all, when I read/saw all the changes planned I thought, here SE take my money now, but then I read, ...2.0 wont be implemented in a year, im sorry but, really? you guys are expecting people to pay for something thats not coming until 12 months? I have, with out a shadow of a doubt, being having a complete BLAST with 1.19, my faith in this game was renewed and I was having a lot of fun, for whatever is worth, all that you guys have planned is absolutely amazing, i can't wait for it! but sadly I think I'll just have to wait until 2.0 is really close by to start paying for this game.

I'll keep playing for the reminder of the free trial, as im having a lot of fun, but until Eorzea 2.0 arrives, I'll see you guys around!

(thank god skyrim comes out next month, or it would be a really boring wait :/)
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Quintalian Palidor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    What grabbed my attention more than all the amazing revamps and additions, was the idea that the story quests that are available now will no longer be available after the 2.0 reboot. Will post-reboot new players experience any of the existing main scenario or will it be entirely redone? Would there be new introductory scenes for each nation?

Concerning jobs and classes, is there a possibility of including Thief or a similar rogue type class? I chose Pugilist as my main class because it seemed like the closest alternative, but it's not the same. Gladiator gets long swords as well as daggers, what does that leave for Thief?

I also would like to say that this announcement was extraordinarily well-timed. Just earlier today I was wondering about the fate of Free Companies and the possibility of altering my character's appearance at some point. Seems like almost all of my questions have been answered in one form or another.
    (16)
    Last edited by Quintalian; 10-14-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bastian Frost
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Will we be zoning as often as we did in FFXI? The seamlesness of FFXIV really made it stand out as a world of it's own, despite the copy/paste layout.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Rostnahct Fyrgaezsyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm speechless.

And to also be part of this change?

SE, take my money.
    (65)

Player
    Character
    Xquiel Kun
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    wooow, this is BIG
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Start billing when 2.0 hits. Anytime before that is too early, IMO.

Diablo III is coming out soon.
    (51)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast