Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Heat Daour
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    lots of things still missing in the game, and to ask people to pay for unfinished game will make you lose more people, and i dont think FFXIV stands the chance to lose more people.
    (20)

2. 10-14-2011 06:42 PM

Player
    Character
    Yoko Ceres
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Questions and Feedback on the Future of FINAL FANTASY XIV
    Does the night time will be darker ? i'd like to walk out during night with a torchlight, it would be funny !

Are zone being bigger than now ?

PvP look promising, are every job gonna get a second template of skill for that part of the game ?
    (2)

Il est possible de dépassé la limite des 1ooo caractères, il suffit d'éditer son post ~

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Well, here's my question, for now:

Static content (IE: Quests, dungeons, etc, that are generally the same but for set variations implemented by the developers, with significant changes happening only when development time was expended) was an answer to an old problem of technological limits making it impossible for developers to present worlds wherein things could change and players could make any sort of meaningful difference.

In the face of new technology, and games like Guild Wars 2 beginning to push the boundaries of the old static content model, and EVE Online and supposedly the upcoming World of Darkness with the vast majority of their content being truly dynamic and rooted in player behaviour, will Final Fantasy XIV, largely static content, and the 'theme park' philosophy be able to continue to offer experiences of remotely comparable quality, enjoyability, and meaning?

Maybe not a concern about the future many will share or even understand but.. that's the one's been nagging at me most.
    (13)
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Player
    Character
    Arkine Vanrien
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Billing before 2.0 seems like a bad idea.

Pay a monthly fee to play the game in its current state. VS Save your money up and pay for 2.0 when its out.

Putting into account that there will be a 11-12 months window between billing and 2.0 @13$ a month... that will be around 143~153$ (even more if you pay in Euro!)

I rather just save it and use it to pay 2.0's fees for a year.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Drakel Drakonus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    will we need to upgrade are computer for the new graphic system?
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    An MMO is never finished until they pull the plug. There are always changes and additions to look forward to with excitement and a bit of trepidation. I am eager for all the proposed projects and I for one will do my part to help make it all happen both by participation in the process and by allowing SE to process my Debit Card.

I am finally enjoying this game. I play a few hours every night and more on the weekends. I think it's only fair that I start paying the Devs for all their hard work (and continued work) and for the fun I am having. I'm sure others will disagree but I hope I am not alone when trees, mountains and crystals begin ripping through Eorzea's mantle, forever changing the landscape and storyline.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind paying to be a part of the FFXIV experience. Isn't that what an MMO is supposed to be? Maybe I will be very lonely but at least all the Trolls will be gone...that alone is almost worth paying for.

p.s An actual question for Yoshi: "If populations decrease drastically after fees start, are you considering World Merges and/or Free/Easy/Seemless World Transfers for remaining paying customers?"

p.s.s "Can I be a beta tester for the v2.0 test server?" '>)
    (40)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    What is the graphic engine that will be used? What is the vision of battle system to make it an exciting and unique experience, while still maintain FF flavors? And what will the V 2.0 offer for those who had all class capped maxed?
    (6)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    The concept art is very impressive.

February/April is a much reasonable time to start billing. It'll be a more favorable time because it is closer to V2.
    (14)

Player

Billing us right before the job system goes live, clever SE!
    After seeing the 2.0 concept screenshot, you can has my money.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    So excited, I can barely contain it. A quick question for now, though. One of the documents outlined the distribution and sale of the new FFXIV; will the players who have been playing before version 2.0 have to purchase this? Will it be like an expansion (~$10) or a whole new game to buy and download?
    (9)

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast