Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rubicon Vale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Hooray! Please don't pay and quit the game. Thank you!
    (1)

Player

First: Someone has already been nice enough to copy and paste twice that 2.0 will be available for download for free to those of us already playing on PC and that our characters will not be wiped.

Secondly: Will SE be keeping in this ridiculous "Voidwatch" system where loot acquired from coffers and primals goes directly into someone's inventory rather than loot list? I'm not usually a complainer, but I do not like this loot system at all. I would like to get a weapon I want and can use instead of being forced to farm something 100 times until I finally luck out on getting what I want. I think this is a terrible mechanic that forces an unnecessary time sink. I would prefer a lower drop rate to this Russian roulette situation.

That's my only question, really. Otherwise, I am VERY excited for upcoming patches and 2.0! SE, you had me at kupo~! ^o^
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shizuru Koneko
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I definitely want to know if we get a name change with out race/gender change, and although I could post some extreme examples as to why I'm just going to say that since the beginning I wanted a female roegadyn (I expected this to be implemented much earlier -sad face-) but didn't want my miqo'te to have the same name since it'd look wierd, and also many that would want to switch genders would probably really want it as well.

As well since I have little time to play It'd suck to lose my progress just cause I want to change my name so badly for my female roegadyn because I will create a new character if there is no name change, so if it's no being planned please consider it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Just going to contribute, for my part, since it seems to be a topic flying about a lot, that I do not want in the event of making a male Mi'qote to be forced to play something that looks like a Ronso.

It's my firm opinion that the more anthropomorphic races having massive gender dimorphism is an enormously tedious and annoying cliché, and if there is to be such in this game, then I would really hope there's an option for those of us would strongly prefer Mi'qote males be on the more androgynous (or hell, just plain normal) side.
    (4)
    Last edited by Fensfield; 10-15-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesAmore View Post
    FFXIV version 2.0 "Reboot"???

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DEV'S tell me this does not mean we loose all our information, level's, items, gil, gear etc etc... 2 years of game play will be accumulated by that time, i'm REALLY hoping your not saying we all start over ... cause "Reboot" is a scary word...
    No worries mate. They've already mentioned that the character data will be preserved for Version 2.0.

Mentioned on the "Announcement"-page:
    "Among our new plans is the fundamental reworking of in-game maps. As part of this process, there will be a period required for switching over to a new client and new servers, after which there will be a large transfer of data when service is brought back online. After the new client is completed, new software for the PC version will be distributed online, and can be acquired free of charge. Character data and progress for players already playing the PC version will also be preserved, allowing those players to continue using their in-game avatars. Another announcement will be made in the future as the day on which the new FINAL FANTASY XIV software will become available for download draws near, and the PlayStation®3 system version officially released."

Mentioned in the "Outline"-PDF:
    "After that, we will begin work on the worldless party matching system, as well as the porting of all current content data and player character data. We expect these tasks to be complete by the third quarter of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013."
    (2)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Khazar Karnak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    I know this is probably out of the question, but I've always liked playing a Lalafell (Tarutaru from FFXI); however, I find that they're not as "cute" as they used to be. They look a little too much like small children. Is there any plans to change some of the current character designs, aside from the graphic upgrades in 2.0?
    i like lalafells how they are now :/
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    What kind of non-instanced activities / quests will players and parties be able to participate in as a party or individually?
    (5)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedge View Post
    ...Also, with the changes to character creation options, what does that mean for existing players? Will we be given the option to change our character's look once these new options come around?
    "The new graphics engine will cause certain objects to display differently than they do in the current version.
    Because of this, we will allow all current players the opportunity to re-customize the race, gender, and
    appearance of their characters upon the implementation of the new engine."
    (3)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fensfield View Post
    Just going to contribute, for my part, since it seems to be a topic flying about a lot, that I do not want in the event of making a male Mi'qote to be forced to play something that looks like a Ronso.

It's my firm opinion that the more anthropomorphic races having massive gender dimorphism is an enormously tedious, and if there is to be such in the game, then I would really hope there's an option for those of us would strongly prefer Mi'qote males be on the more androgynous size.
    They've shown an example of a Miquote male. It looks a little reminiscient of Lehko Habhoka from FFXI, though less frail looking.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    The development team has made great progress this past year, despite a slow, rocky start. I commend all the work that has been done, and intend to stick with the game. However, I have an issue that I would like to place my opinion on, and I apologize if this has been discussed to death already (which it likely has, and will.)

My Opinion on Timeframe for Subcription Activation:
    You are going to start charging too early. I'm not saying it shouldn't be soon, it most definitely should be. The game has made a lot of great changes over the past year. Now, there are good arguments for both sides of the coin, however I believe this should be put off until post-Job release. The main reason being is that based on the outline you have given us, it appears as if you will be charging us prior to placing one of the more integral pieces of the game, which is the finalized job/battle system. I believe everyone should have a bit of time to fully recognize what each new job entails prior to entering into a payment plan.
    I fully support this game, and although I will likely "suck it up" and start paying like many of us, I feel very strongly that it is several months too early. I do not believe you should hold off subcriptions until 2.0. However, (again) I feel very strongly that we should be allowed to experience the fully realized job & battle systems BEFORE we are slated to make payments.

I hope I can receive an answer to this question as I believe it is an important aspect to this anouncement. Beyond that, continue doing this great amazing job. I am very impressed with the direction of the game, and the future makes me extremely excited.
    (5)
    Last edited by Belial; 10-15-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityJones View Post
    as a monk you can find the hole and fill it with a fist.

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast