Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Xizzy Azenith
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    How would people feel if the rewards were x4 but only 1 party of 8 can claim it and earn the reward. The people who actually hunt would be the only ones who actually reap the rewards.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imai Blackren
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by NaoTenbe View Post
    Hmmm, that would actually work.
    Especially the resetting part.
    As it currently works, you have early puller, and no one wants to miss out, so people keep attacking even through someone else is trying to reset the boss for others,
    and yelling at people to stop attacking, which most will do, but some won't, then everyone keeps plinking, and then goes back to full attack mode.

The big question here though, do the devs WANT to mess with old world bosses?
    It's probably a wait and see sort of thing, although with a mechanic like that, a sliding scale or additional player reset mode, they'd have to go through testing to make sure it doesn't bug out, which I could easilly see happening.
    Yes, testing would be necessary. But it basically solves every problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imai Blackren
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    How would people feel if the rewards were x4 but only 1 party of 8 can claim it and earn the reward. The people who actually hunt would be the only ones who actually reap the rewards.
    That would never work and is a good way to piss everyone off. Why would you even suggest that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xiao Ming
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Early pulling is annoying and SE says it is not against ToS. It is not a hunt when 3rd party apps are used. Players on PC hang out in an area and when the A or S rank spawns they are notified what zone and location the hunt is at. This is really at the core, you could be on PS4 like me and looking all over an open zone for a hunt only to have a person with a 3rd party app that is against ToS find it first, pull it and kill it with out every hearing anything in the zone. Generally I wouldn't care as I stay away from hunts but as they have added hunts to relic, it does matter more and SE needs fix this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'ao Tenbe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical-Limit View Post
    Yeaaaaahhhh... that sounds a lot like wow to me, and I left wow because of crap like that which they have refused to change.
    At least older mobs.
    The open tap model is working best.
    The only problem is large scale mobs are dying to fast for people to get to them in time.
    I guess part of the problem is perception. Is sending out a call to a linkshell, asking for help, or allowing people to leech?

So far as I know, there's no 3rd party app that tells you if a mob has spawned in a zone. What there IS, are web sites that keep track of what's died, and put a timer on their respawn, so people know if it's worth searching a zone for a particular A or S rank.
    I belive that there's some mobs that can be force spawned, just how I'm not entirely sure of.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tempest Deep
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    So far as I know, there's no 3rd party app that tells you if a mob has spawned in a zone.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are several sites/apps out there that do this. Basically, these people have an app up while they play and if a hunt spawns while they're in a map or is already spawned in a map they're just come into, it'll notify them as well as send that information to the website (and/or whomever has the app up as well that is on the same server.) This is how, less than a minute or two after a hunt spawns, 50 people will be at that location. All they have to do is listen to the ping or reload a 3rd party site.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'ao Tenbe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    So far as I know, there isn't any app that will scan an entire area for mobs. The client doesn't give info past a certain range.
    You have to get within range where the names will come up before anything will register.

What you're seeing is people use various 3rd party sites which have mob timers loaded in on them.
    When the timer for a mob in a given zone comes up, hunt groups will go in, scour the area, or even work to trigger the S ranks to appear.

As soon as the mob is announced in one linkshell, often people will have macros loaded that will relay them to other linkshells.
    I've announced a mob in one LS, and someone immediately reposts that into 4-5 other LS.
    From that point it's a matter of switching your class, finding a party, loading into the zone, getting to the mob on time.

30 seconds after initial broadcast is usually how long it takes people to get out there from a port crystal, and within 1 minute, you get to the critical mass of people waiting before someone decides to do an early pull. Depending on mob to port location of course.
    (0)
    Last edited by NaoTenbe; 01-08-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    N'ao Tenbe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    We're getting off track here.
    For me, the whole point of this thread is that an A or S rank mob dies incredibly fast now due to gear power creep.
    I distinctly remember brontes taking a good 10 minutes to kill when I was still under 50.
    That same mob now dies in under a minute with not even near the same amount of people on it.
    This is something that needs to be dealt with on the dev side, by increasing the monster's HP or defenses, possibly on a sliding scale.
    I don't believe the world bosses should have full on fate mechanics, but something to make them last longer would be appreciated.
    I hate having to stop what I'm doing, switch classes, port out to location, try and find group, only to get there in time to see boss dead, or get the bupkis prize. If I know I'm not going to make it, I don't bother. I can find better things to do with my time like working on the main story quests or whatever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'ao Tenbe
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 72
    My apologies to Alisi, there are 3rd party addons that do just that.
    Everyone who uses them is linked to everyone else, and as soon as one of those people with the addon passes by the A or S rank, it sends an alert out to that person, and all the people with the addon.
    Thing is, this now presents a problem. Either you have it, and are risking a ban, or you don't have it, and you're not likely to get to the A or S ranks in time to get in a group and kill it for full credit.
    This weekend seems to be hamming that home heavily.
    So I guess the question here is, which side of the playing field is SE going to force us to be in?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imai Blackren
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    My apologies to Alisi, there are 3rd party addons that do just that.
    Everyone who uses them is linked to everyone else, and as soon as one of those people with the addon passes by the A or S rank, it sends an alert out to that person, and all the people with the addon.
    Thing is, this now presents a problem. Either you have it, and are risking a ban, or you don't have it, and you're not likely to get to the A or S ranks in time to get in a group and kill it for full credit.
    This weekend seems to be hamming that home heavily.
    So I guess the question here is, which side of the playing field is SE going to force us to be in?
    I get my alerts through FC/Linkshells and we were the first people to find them a bunch on the weekend with no add-ons (I'm on PS4 anyway so it's a moot point for me).
    Though I hate S-Ranks. And Hunts.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast