Player
    Character
    Undoro Cadmus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

LoV - stage 15

I can't seem to figure out how to beat Stage 15 - Urth's Spout. I keep wasting mgp on it and continue to get the same result. How does one beat the Wind-up Odin?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momoko Tomoko
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    You need to stop attacking at like 33% of his HP. Then gather up a bunch of high DPS minions with a burst damage ability (I used Minfillia). Heal them up and wait for their ability to recharge, then attack him all at once. When you see a text pop up about his obsidian sword or something, that's when he stops attacking and starts channelling his insta kill move. You need to use all your damage LBs there to burn him down in time.

I haven't tried anything else but Minfillia. Maybe Hildabrand will also work? Or a boatload of lower damage but cheaper minions with a damage ability.
    (0)
    The tiniest lala.

Player
    Character
    Paca Kuma
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Hildabrand was amazing for this map. I used White Mage, Yugiri and Hildabrand I think. I think also 4x Mammet #003G to keep White Mage special ability up a lot. Just kept on healing through Odins damage with White Mage, once he starts to cast Zantetsuken, Hildibrand Special + Yugiri Special and you do amazing damage. I only just made it though, he said the message for the strike of Zantetsuken, but I killed him in the fraction of a second before it went off. You can also draw Odins auto attack away from the party, like how tanks go on the other side of mobs in normal dungeons and stuff. So Odin will auto attack his main target but none of your other minions will get hit with splash damage as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Booski Boo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I have a good assortment of minions, if you can try the following:

Odin is a Monster type, so you wanna use Poppet type as much as possible

x4 Wind-up Cursor (50% defense down)
    x4 Wind-up Minion of Light (Black Mage) If I understand the party action right, it enhances enemy weakness to poppets
    x4 Wind-up Yugiri (Attack+ bonus to all units in range)
    x4 Wind-up Warrior of Light (Special 1-hit attack potenty of 230)

what ever summon points left you have get high attack poppets preferably like Hildibrand otherwise mini-moles have nice atk, nutkins as well.

Burn odin down to about 40-ish%, retreat your remaining units to a gate. Heal them and replenish ranks. Wait for their special skills to charge, move on Odin.

When he starts charging "Tukenerhekekshenutken" [sp?], execute Def Down, Poppet weakness, Attack + and 1-hit Attack.

I repeatedly practiced it and worked for me easy. Try to keep a queue of minions, try to surround Odin wiht your minions.

Odin is a cake walk compared to where I am at with stage 19.

Hope this helps.
    (1)
    Last edited by BooskiBoo; 11-13-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chris Von'greven
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I beat it on my second try with a very simple set-up:

A lot of Yugiri and few Hildibrand here and there.

Always activate the Yugiri buff and always check of all the minions are attacking cause Odin moves a lot.

Instead I have no idea what to do with #19 challenge. No matter what I do the gazillions of Enkidu wipe out everything..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaekerial Stormfury
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    Instead I have no idea what to do with #19 challenge. No matter what I do the gazillions of Enkidu wipe out everything..

19 was a major pain for me as well. My final strategy involved starting with a squad of six Wind-Up Succubi on the left side of the field to basically maul each Enkidu as it spawned while wearing down Gil with Mini Moles (those things are power houses). My goal was to be sure there were at most 1-2 of the spawning Enkidus on the field when he phases and summons a bunch more--then I moved to eliminate the new ones as quickly as possible, before focusing on Gil. This was still -by far- the hardest challenge for me, though--ironically, I oneshot 20, 21, 22, and 23 after it, and even 24 only took three attempts, while 19 took ages. Maybe someone else can suggest a more efficient strategy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Momoko Tomoko
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I got number 19 down my first try, but it was the closest match possible:
    http://i.imgur.com/IKLjAFL.png

I later went back and refined my strategy a bit. I basically just spam tiny bulbs, starting with the left. I also use 4 Minfillias to hit gilga in the middle. When gilga spawns the extra chickens, move the minifilias to the right and have them die fighting gilga, and just keep spamming bulbs. Move your bulbs to the middle, and clean out the chickens, then back to the left and keep using traps to help control the number of chickens.
    (0)
    The tiniest lala.

Player
    Character
    Kaye Esdarke
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    What worked for me was

4x hildibrand
    4x storm mammet
    4x Minion of Light (fighter)
    4x Minion of Light (white mage)

as soon as zantetsuken starts charging up, use storm mammet and hildy's abilities at the same time and watch as enormous chunks begin falling off his hp bar.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitistra Yamamura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I did it slightly differently, I used 8 baby brachiosaurs and stopped at about 40-50%. Healed up my minions, when he started casting, I popped the ability (extra damage from poppets) and they seem to have melted the boss.
    (1)