Thread: Diadem Leeches

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I really wish they'd remove the timer lockout or at the very least get rid of the penalty for leaving after the first guy leaves (like normal duties) and allow vote kicking. It's far too easy for 1 or 2 people to screw you over and make your entire run there pointless unless you just want to gather at that point. Facing a substantial timer for a lockout because a group fell apart and that being out of your control is what I think constitutes cruel and unusual punishment and a case of punishment not fitting the "crime."
    (3)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    unless I misunderstood the posts in this topic alone, any chest that a gatherer unearths and opens grants loot pretty much like a treasure map by allocating any basic stuffs randomly within the party and allowing all party members to lot on anything good. So, doesn't that mean that the problem is solved? Unless you're saying that literally every scrap of material the gatherer harvests from nodes must be shared too. I think that's an extremely unfair and arguable point.
    Could you explain how it is unfair?

How is it fair to the combat focused people that the gatherer has access to everything they work for, yet a gatherer can just go solo from the group, make a crap ton of gil, and have access to all of the combat equipment? All the while making the combat focused people have to work harder to get credit.

Side question to all:

I've seen a couple of places that mark credit is 100% based off of damage, not emnity like standard hunts. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, do you have a link?
    (7)
    Last edited by Whiteroom; 11-13-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    C'alih Tia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
    I've seen a couple of places that mark credit is 100% based off of damage, not emnity like standard hunts. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If so, do you have a link?
    Yes. Yes I do =D

Quote Originally Posted by Cherzy View Post

0:33:50
    Q: You mentioned that we would be in instances with other parties, but does that mean there will be struggles to claim monsters or treasure chests?
    A: I’ll explain using gameplay.
    While not an answer to the question, we made adjustments to the party list UI so that party members that are not nearby have their names greyed out. When they get closer, their names will appear as normal in the party list. Additionally, information will be displayed in the mini-map regarding which direction your party members are.

As you can see, the map is very large, and up to nine parties will be able to enter the instance. Think of it as a field area that fits nine parties. You’ll be able to communicate with others as well through shouts and such. During a test play session with the developers, we saw various shouts asking for help, and we would go over to their location and give a hand.

In regards to reward distribution, since there are nine parties, while there may be situations where you are uniting with them to fight, the fundamental design is that of a field area, so the concepts are the same. In field areas, the first to attack a monster will secure drops, and those who attack afterwards will be entitled to rewards after dealing a certain amount of damage to the monster’s HP. This same rule will be applied to Exploratory Missions, so we’d like players to team up with other parties and defeat a large number of monsters. However, unlike the FATE system, there is no system in place for earning rewards through generating enmity. If we had this kind of system in place, it would like to situations where players just continuously use Flash to get rewards.
    Bolding emphasis mine =)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxifer View Post
    Yes. Yes I do =D

Bolding emphasis mine =)
    Thank you for that info, it will help with FC runs this weekend.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Freis Lavande
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    How does one leech in Diadem?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrial Highguard
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnivalNights View Post
    How does one leech in Diadem?
    Enter, do nothing to assist the group but still roll on loot that drops.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Humble Heart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    If possible can the items dropped be only lootable to people that have damaged the monster?

Like if a leecher is off doing his own thing and never attacks the monster he won't get the loot window
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    For certain marks if you are a gatherer depending on the distance from you to the party you will not get credit. This happened to me twice yesterday when I was out gathering in the southern most region of the map and the party was hunting a rank V monster far to the north. Otherwise even if I am in range I will just pass on the gear since I did not contribute.

I think the credit needs to be based off of party damage + individual damage. Meaning you have to hit the enemy at least once or twice to get full credit. Otherwise if that is not possible shorten the credit range to 300 or less yalms. That would shorten the range enough for leechers to not have access to each and every drop. Right now I think the range is about 750 yalms or more to get credit.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupiduglytaru View Post
    I have switched to premades, however I set loot rule normal. WE ALL AGREED to greed anything below i180, but for i210 drops main class can loot need. One person began needing all the healer drops i180 downwards, well at least my blacklist got a something ^^
    That is exactly what happened to us. The same rule. Do I know you? ;P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kelu Euron
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    This would unfortunately not work as sometimes it is advisable for one player to go complete a couple mission objectives or scout ahead while the party kills stuff
    (1)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast