Player
    Character
    Kanai Hana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Maiden's Rhapsody, otherwise known as "Yoshi P why you do dis?!?!"

I just finished the new event and I have to say, it's the best one hands down for me. But not in the way you think.

As someone who played FFXI since it's beta 12 long years ago, I have a HUGE amount of emotional and time invested in the game. Only this year did I stop playing it, to focus more on FFXIV and other games. This event brought back a nostalgia that I had thought I lost. The sheer amount of shouts about the mobs in the different FATEs and FFXI in general made me laugh so much. It's kind of funny, that I see all these people doing the FATEs and having no idea what's going on and the random shouts. They are only there for the armor, and while they discuss how pretty it is I just shake my head... because they don't KNOW.

But it was the cutscene at the very end that got me. Because it brought back everything I had remembered in the game. I was THERE for all of it, when it all happened. I KNEW each and every single NPC they showed, I could list off their names and the areas they were in and how they acted. It nearly brought me to tears as the cutscene went on.

And THAT'S why FFXI and FFXIV mean so much, at least to me. No other MMO have I played so far has been able to elicit such a response to me. And for that, I thank you SE and Yoshi P for the worlds you have created.

As for the rest of you, did this event bring back any memories for you?
    (59)

Player
    Character
    Scary Trees
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 58
    The best part was that first fate. Such a reminder of my parties in Valkurm Dunes. It's safe to say I'll be going back to Vanadiel now.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Alaina Claire
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 71
    them ffxi feels... I miss that game..before lvl 75+ was a thing.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Gaddes Ronfaure
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I was really hoping the Serket fate was going to have some reference to Iroha hoping for a Scorpion Harness drop or something. Was disappointed
    (4)

"Well, it's no Vana'diel, but it'll have to do..."

Player
    Character
    Kanai Hana
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I will admit, I was going to flip my shit if they would have mentioned your FFXI character as the person she remembered.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eeri Yul'hart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I was in tears during the final cutscene, I can't take this sort of things.. my poor heart.
    I instantly got flooded with memories of my friends, my linkshell, everything we did together and of course the game itself with its story and characters. Those were different times, I was a lot younger, but it's like a promise I made to myself to never let these memories go. They are precious and got me through hard times, so I won't let them go anywhere.
    I can still hear the trumpets of San d'Oria ringing in my ears after all this time.
    (13)

Player

I had a blast i love how SE added our lil jokes from mass killing crabs on beaches, to fighting "impossible to gauge" bad guys << had to laigh at that 1.

to watching people try to attack the giddues dragon w/o even making an attempt at the spotter. I had to tell my FC to watch the fight so they know how to do the fate lol. XD

At the final cs i cried a good 5 min. I miss ff11 and I can't play it again and that sad. i don't own a pc to play it and after aby msade everything irrelivent over night and the bs of gear swapping i just can't. That stuff broke my heart.

Thanks SE!! Great event.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Leon Longshanks
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    i ahve to agree with you guys even thoa i didnt start playing XI till 2 years back i still have some of those memories but due to the fact i was a low level and a group is kinda needed i didn't get that far ..T_T
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alahra Valkaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I totally cried and am proud to admit it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Broken Fox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD
    (5)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast