Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Community Rep

Update on Crafting Recipe Lists

We wanted to give you an update to how recipes will be handled in the future. For starters, in 2.0 it will be possible to check all recipes in-game. Once you reach the appropriate level to craft a recipe, the basic recipe will be listed and recipes that can only be obtained from Leves and quests will be added to your list upon receiving them.

It will also be possible to select a finished product from the recipe list and immediately begin crafting as the necessary materials will automatically be set provided that the items are in your inventory. These things will be implemented alongside the launch of 2.0 and we’ll also be looking into implementing an enhanced in-game recipe search feature amongst other things as well based on your feedback.
    (97)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Forra Descren
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Goodo o.o Although it does seem a little bit of a shame just... knowing most of the recipes, rather than their appearing in the list only once you've used them once.

But it's nice to know there'll be some can only be found..

Still on track with the advanced colour system (16-32 colours for all gear based on intelligent texture colouring instead of the current manual texturing/one texture per-colour, with items being repeatedly dye-able) and all? The one Naoki Yoshida promised after that colour-determines-class-locks-and-stats debacle, I mean.

I'm beginning to go a bit nuts with most things only coming in three colours, especially when they aren't the ones I promised myself I'd get down the line before the systems were messed with.
    (5)
    Last edited by Fensfield; 01-24-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    Roleplay Profile: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=961&pid=15275#pid15275

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Oooh! Recipes that can only be obtained from quests makes me happy. I hate the 'auto-everything' way the game is right now. I want more unlockable things.

Player

I completely agree, an important part of an MMO is individuality and with a limited selection with high end gear and the fact that colours has its limitations it make it hard for player to stand out from one another. There is no sense of uniqueness, not to say that I should be able to look absolutely unique but still not the same as 1 in every 5 players.

Maybe a nice distinguish between how gear will look on a male chars and different on a female chars. Sorry for the lack of ideas but its just a simple example.

Still to add to the OP, I warmly welcome that feature and can definitively see its usefulness.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asael K'ni'roux
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We wanted to give you an update to how recipes will be handled in the future. For starters, in 2.0 it will be possible to check all recipes in-game. Once you reach the appropriate level to craft a recipe, the basic recipe will be listed and recipes that can only be obtained from Leves and quests will be added to your list upon receiving them.

It will also be possible to select a finished product from the recipe list and immediately begin crafting as the necessary materials will automatically be set provided that the items are in your inventory. These things will be implemented alongside the launch of 2.0 and we’ll also be looking into implementing an enhanced in-game recipe search feature amongst other things as well based on your feedback.
    Definite win for crafters...I might just start up crafting again...now if only we could find a way to cut down on the time it takes to crraft 1 item we'd be golden...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64

More awesomeness coming for 2.0! 2012 will be a looooong year, haha. <3

Is there is any plans to revamp the crafting mini-games? Should start throwing ideas?
    (1)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Crafting does need a change imo...the mini game part of it. I can't stand to do leves or synth anymore. It just feels so very tedious.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jerbird Leone
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    We wanted to give you an update to how recipes will be handled in the future. For starters, in 2.0 it will be possible to check all recipes in-game.
    Seriously not gonna lie... I exploded in my pants.

In simple terms, that's freakin' awesome!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xquiel Kun
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Very good news, I was thinking about a recipe search feature the last weekend, I would like to search gear's recipe with the following options:
    Class/Job
    Optimal-Required Level
    Stats
    Attributes
    Possible craft with materials that you possess in your inventory
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Rukkirii , your post was full of AwesomeSauce. These are much needed and appreciated changes.

Now if we can just get the "meat" of crafting addressed...Bulk-Auto Crafting for Mats and Parts please.

As for the mini-game crafting, I would like it if Standard Synthesis was the default Auto-Craft (repeat Standard Synth without my input) but allow us to select Fast or Careful Synth during the process to alter our Quality output and Fail/success rates.

I dunno if that is feasible but that is my suggestion.
    (3)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast