Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowyWowie View Post
    After spiritbonding about ~200 pieces of gear, I think it's safe to say that all materia is 100% random.

It really doesn't matter which piece of gear it is or what slot it's in, the chance of obtaining any certain materia is the same for all gear across the board. The only difference is tiers, which seem to be related to the gear level.

Attribute materia is by far the most common, while Healer's Hand is likely the rarest of all (I've never made a single one).
    Might not be for everything, I noticed Belts are random but looking at some data (still only few in there) like gatherer or crafters tools seems to be focused on materia that benefits those class. Still too early though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I would highly suggest adding a column for the rank of the gear converted, as that has been seen to influence the grade of materia.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hale Storm
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Nice one op! ( ^.^)b
    (0)

I used to be Noomy...then i took shiva's Hail Storm to my knee...

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    I would highly suggest adding a column for the rank of the gear converted, as that has been seen to influence the grade of materia.
    you can get that info by cross referencing this list with the gear on say mooglebox.com or yg.com
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meowy Wowie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly_Millions View Post
    Somewhat, I've made tier 1s from level 40+ gear. I believe there is just a better chance that you'll get a higher grade materia from better gear. But, collecting this data is the only way to make an truly educated guess.
    Not really what I meant, but yea, I only SB on lv41+ gear, and you can get any and every tier from them. However, I'm told that you can not obtain t4 materia from lv40- gear, or t3 materia from lv30- gear and so on. This is something I have not confirmed myself though, and I don't plan on it (have mats for 700~ pieces of lv41+ gear stockpiled).

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    Might not be for everything, I noticed Belts are random but looking at some data (still only few in there) like gatherer or crafters tools seems to be focused on materia that benefits those class. Still too early though
    This is something else I have not tested myself, but apparently crafting materia can only be obtained from crafting tools. So this would be an exception to the rest. Personally, I have never seen any crafting materia come from armor or weapons, even if the armor suits/favors DoH/DoL classes only.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    too bad the data doesn't get sorted automatically, i just sorted it out by tier > name so should be easier to view for now until we get more data then I have to apply the sort again since it doesn't do it automatically
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Heller Bunsafyre
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I've broken down six DoL tools,, ten DoH tools and I *think* 13 DoL and DoH armor. Thus far in those attempts, DoL tools are the only items that give gatherer stats, and DoH tools give crafting stats on a regular basis. The armors themselves gave your standard mainstay materia, such as Mind, Dexterity, etc., with an occasional 'chocobo down' thrown in or something. Granted, this is a small sampling.

Thanks for the poll Reinhart, should help the community get a better idea on what becomes what!
    (0)

"You don't stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing!"

Punctuation is your friend. It deliniates the difference between "Let's eat, Grandma!" and "Let's eat Grandma!"

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerEscapeInterview
    Yoshida: First of all, it is not random. There is a table we have with each item in it and that item will have a possibility of turning into one of these. That table is currently a secret, but we’re going to be releasing it very soon so players will know what items will turn into what Materia.
    Link: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/2011/10...-is-out-there/

So there is a pattern/table so collecting data wouldn't be a bad thing after all

Again thanks to everyone contributing info!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I just added some of mine. Some of them are exactly the same item, same type and same tier of materia... They are not mistaken... I do get exactly the same materia. In fact, it's 2 or 3 in row. That made me suspect about day and hour's elemental thing... but it shouldn't be a factor
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    awwww somehow the result google doc is mess up
    So hard to read now
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast