Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Gilles Cerberusffxi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    i'm waiting next patch to remove this abomination (MGP cost for tutorials) and maybe after that i'm going to attempt tutorial n°2
    on ragnarok, nobody is doing it : people shout to find an opponent...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Peanut Colada
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    This is a joke, a 24 hour lockout for withdrawing twice from NPC tutorials VS 30 minutes for actual duty content with players. Sort this NOW square.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blitz Ace
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    See i always was for higher penalty's but i kinda feel bad for the people that actually go over 2 hours +

Is this a bug? or working as intended, haven't touched it myself but a 18+ Penalty seems rather harsh.
    (1)

Player

what they need to do is increase the timer on the tutorial., but honestly after 2 tries i understood what to do as a ps3 players and pretty much have won a few challenges in 1 try or 2. It takes practice.

I personally like this more then triple triad because I only have a handfull of minions and have had 0 issues playing. Where with TT you needd to get lucky with cads :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalenx Arcs
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I'm a big fan of the chocobo races, there is a big interest of participating, by making evoluting your chocobo, the more you play, the difficulty also increase.
    I'm a big fan of the Triple Triad, there is a big interest by collecting cards and earning more by playing. You can find a lot of different kind of matches.
    What the hell is that new game, without any interest, without any evolution, without any rewards ? Nobody want to play that, there is absolutely no evolution, collectibles or interests ... and a full day penalty ? really ?
    You can't be serious.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Samira Starlightzz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Similar to the Duty Finder, a penalty system is in place for abandoning Lord of Verminion matches. Taking the following actions several times will restrict players from taking part in matches for a set amount of time.

The reason that the penalty is also in place for matches against the computer, including the tutorial, is because instances are still being utilized for these matches.

That said, we're continuing to gather your thoughts and feedback to share with the dev. team and will let you know if adjustments are made in the future.
    But why is the lockout so long? Players are being locked out until daily reset. I've never been locked out since I never quit, but many have. I was also curious as to why the tutorial is broken and players are being timed while reading the explanations? Is it also a test to see how fast we can read? That last question was humor. I mean no disrespect.
    (0)
    Last edited by h0tNstilettos; 11-17-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kiuja'a Awahah
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    and you wonder why it's so unpopular. Maybe because no one is able to play it even when they want to because of the lockout?

A leave should count as a loss, no matter if it's a tournament or single player. I don't really think you need to implement much more punishment than that. After all, aren't players just trying to win? Who cares if they win by someone leaving?

I feel like this was something the devs put way too much time into in order to make it needlessly complicated and have no one care about it period. (Like the often compared chocobo races)

The only time I can see this being played is in tournaments, and that's getting wins from friends who don't care when it's dead. (Which seems to be pretty often!) I can see people already going 30 wins and 0 losses... I wonder how they got that...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clef Note
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    SE put so much into the patch notes about this game and didnt think to mention once that there are penalties for leaving games and for not bringing minions out during a game. then they went ahead and made it share instances wit dngs and made the penalty so stupid that it makes the few players that are playing not want to come back. and dont even get me started on the controls for controller why would they not use cross-hotbars like they use for everything else in the game for us. have the different commands on buttons on them.
    (0)

Thanks for all the feedback in regards to Lord of Verminion. I'd like to share with you the current situation and the direction we're planning to take for adjustments.

Lord of Verminion Tournament
    Of all the feedback we received in regards to the tournament, the issue regarding the calculation of how points are earned needed to be addressed the soonest. Therefore, we will be addressing this by guaranteeing 30 points for winning a match in next week's hotfix.

Normally, we would consider canceling the tournaments until this had been addressed; however, the tournament schedules are managed by the server software, and in order to change the schedule, it would require halting the tournaments for an extended period of time. For this reason, the development and operations teams have decided to prioritize the hotfix instead. Therefore, please keep in mind that the hotfix may be applied during the course of an active tournament. Please note that if the hotfix has been applied while the tournament is taking place, the winning points from before and after the hotfix may fluctuate.
    Player Matching
    Currently, many players are participating in a wide variety of content released in Patch 3.1. Due to this, there are times where there are less participants available for the Player Battle (RP) mode. As such, the dev. team is aware of the situation where players are being matched with other players who have exceedingly different levels of rank points. We are hoping more players will participate in Lord of Verminion in the future; however, as a permanent measure, we are considering changing the matching system from World-only, to a Data Center-wide matching system, similar to the Duty Finder. It would require some time to make this change, but we're currently considering this option.
    Tutorial
    The first Verminion Challenge "Stage 1: Tutorial" has the same 10 minute time limit as other challenges; however, we have received feedback from players mentioning this is too short. Therefore, we will extend the time limit on the tutorial from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Additionally, we'll adjust the entry MGP cost to zero at the same time.
    MGP Consumption During Battles
    No matter which mode you participate in, players spend MGP to enter. For this reason we have received feedback where players are unable practice. In next week's hotfix, we will make adjustments to Verminion Challenge "Stage 1: Tutorial," and Player Battle (Non-RP) so it can be played without paying any MGP.

Also, we'll be reducing the amount of MGP awarded for winning a Player Battle (Non-RP) from 100 MGP to 50 MGP. Previously, players were rewarded the same amount of MGP required to participate; however, now that the MGP required to participate in this mode has been removed, players will be able to earn 50 MGP as a bonus for winning.
    HUD settings for Lord of Verminion
    We have received requests to make it possible to adjust the HUD settings for Lord of Verminion outside of matches. However, this requires a large amount of adjustments, and will take some time to address. We will continue looking into this, but for the time being, we would like players to use the tutorial, or Player Battle (Non-RP) which won't cost any MGP, to adjust their HUD settings.
    We would like to make further adjustments based on your suggestions and feedback so make sure to post any comments you may have!
    (16)
    Tony "Zhexos" Caraway - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Gunspec Daggerforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    Also, we'll be reducing the amount of MGP awarded for winning a Player Battle (Non-RP) from 100 MGP to 50 MGP.
    Don't these battles usually take about 5 minutes? So that's 10 MGP per minute. It will now take 70 solid days of grinding Lord of Verminion to earn a Fenrir mount or a Cloud Triple Triad card, up from 35 solid days. It will also take about 13 solid hours of play just to earn the ponytail hair design.

Was this a number really in need of getting nerfed? Who is the design genius who said, "but wait, we need to nerf these numbers, the reward for content is too high". Is he the same guy that is saying "we really wish this content would be more popular"?

Well, I earn 99% of my MGP via mini-cactpot, like a majority of the community, so oh well. The rest of the gold saucer could catch fire and I might not notice.

Edit:
    just got 10k from one of my daily cactpot tickets, that's 17 hours of non-rated LoV. Think about that for a moment.
    (10)
    Last edited by Gunspec; 11-21-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast