Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Diadem Gold Chests

So I've been there 5 times, though last night we had 1 tank, 6 dps, and 1 healer. Every time we attacked Tier 5 mob, we rarely got any chest at all, even when we went full zerg, LBing and me in Deliverance stance.

I did notice that the hate totals bars never showed all 8 of us having aggro, despite the fact 8 of us were attacking the same mob. We went 90 minutes with no gold chests, and it counting zero NM's killed.

So... nothing was listed in this patch about fixing this.... anyone know if I just had a glitch, or if this was fixed? Kinda reminded me when you go into a crowded Hunt/Fate and your attacking a mob but they don't show on your aggro/mob list until like 30 seconds in. Server lag maybe?

Appreciate your thoughts!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dante Venarra
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Likely your team wasn't doing enough damage to get credit which means some weren't participating or just didn't know their class. If you said that you didn't see some had hate on the mobs it's likely the former.

As far as gold chess they are random drops so it's chance. If you go into easy mode the chances are low and they increase as you increase the difficulty.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Steady Styrmdraga
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante_V View Post
    Likely your team wasn't doing enough damage to get credit which means some weren't participating or just didn't know their class. If you said that you didn't see some had hate on the mobs it's likely the former.

As far as gold chess they are random drops so it's chance. If you go into easy mode the chances are low and they increase as you increase the difficulty.
    It's hard to imagine that being the case, because we didn't even get bronze chests off some tier V mobs. I had gone in before with 2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps and seen multiple gold chest. It stands to reason that swapping second healer and tank for more dps would only help that? It seemed more like their contributions weren't being counted at all?
    (1)
    Last edited by Steady; 11-18-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Unless, as has been speculated but not confirmed in other threads, that getting credit is less about damage and more about enmity generation. So Healers, spam those AoE heals, then drop to Cleric for DPS. Tanks, stay in tank stance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    It's hard to imagine that being the case, because we didn't even get bronze chests off some tier V mobs. I had gone in before with 2 tanks 2 healers 4 dps and seen multiple gold chest. It stands to reason that swapping second healer and tank for more dps would only help that? It seemed more like their contributions weren't being counted at all?
    The only thing swapping out a healer for DPS does is give you more damage to get credit. It does not affect which colour chest you receive - this is all random with higher tier monsters having a greater chance of dropping gold.

Was you in a larger group? If there's 9 parties hitting a mob and each does only 11% of the mobs total HP (Which is nothing really) then I can easily see no chest being awarded to any team due to lack of contribution....this is SE we're talking about.

"In regards to reward distribution, since there are nine parties, while there may be situations where you are uniting with them to fight, the fundamental design is that of a field area, so the concepts are the same. In field areas, the first to attack a monster will secure drops, and those who attack afterwards will be entitled to rewards after dealing a certain amount of damage to the monster’s HP. This same rule will be applied to Exploratory Missions, so we’d like players to team up with other parties and defeat a large number of monsters. However, unlike the FATE system, there is no system in place for earning rewards through generating enmity. If we had this kind of system in place, it would like to situations where players just continuously use Flash to get rewards."

- http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3425558
    (1)
    Last edited by Pence; 11-18-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elurra Maluta
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Was everyone attacking the same target? Or was the zerg fighting 3 or 4 at once, and your dps were split up on all of them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonMS View Post
    Unless, as has been speculated but not confirmed in other threads, that getting credit is less about damage and more about enmity generation. So Healers, spam those AoE heals, then drop to Cleric for DPS. Tanks, stay in tank stance.
    SE has specifically stated it's about damage and not hate generation, but that doesn't mean your damage counts toward credit if you don't make it on the threat list.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    No wonder I missed it. Thanks for the link.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    The enmity/threat bar not appearing, despite attacking the target, is an issue that has existed since (at least) The Hunt. It pretty much happens when there are too many around the area attacking the same target. The amount of threat or damage you do is irrelevant due to this. That being said, if you are late to the attack of a V and Star rank, just like an S rank Hunt target, you may come across the problem of no threat generation... meaning your actions/damage is registering, but the game is not applying it towards your own credit. The proof of this is the fact that you're not even in combat, despite attacking. I can mount and fly around immediately after attacking a mob that is not registering the action I took (even though the damage has been done). As a healer, this means you can heal with OOC MP regeneration rates. You just won't get any credit for it.

Essentially, you're more of a detriment to your group trying to get credit for someone elses claim by attacking and speeding up the kill simply because the game does not recognize you as being in combat, and the damage you do is registered as an unknown to the encounter lol. Similar to traps doing damage to mobs in places like Qarn HM.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    You have to be on point with attacking them. If someone calls out tracks, everyone has to get ready. Number your priority targets. Also, where maybe your group had enough damage for prevous runs, you may have been just above the threshold, so an extra group or two, or groups with more output could be there this time around, forcing you below the threshold.

I think the chest color that drops is random, not based on dps. You just have a better chance of gold dropping as the tier increases. I've seen a couple gold from Speckled Haklaqs.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast