Player
    Character
    Raifu Kurogaea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80

What does exploration mean to you?

Before I start, I didn't keep up with many patches and updates because I wanted to be surprised, giving me the imagination of expecting more content. That was ruined (not their fault) by a picture that was posted showing how the "Deidem" (awkward name) quests actually work.

[/QUOTE]

At first, I was confused at what I was looking at, then it hit me. This is their idea of the exploration content......WHY WO--Why would you give us a to-do list? Isn't the point of exploring is to discover secrets of new lands with your teammates? Facing strange monsters that we may discover and gathering unknown materials from nodes that we find. Sharing your unique tales of discovery with your friends when you return, and they share their unique experiences too? Isn't that fun? Well apparently not to whoever came up with this idea to give us orders to seek out specific items and enemies which will inevitably become one of the most redundant grinds EVERRRRR (FASTER).
    EDIT: The list is optional, point stands.

Now by looking at this, and I can be wrong, I'm assuming that these quests are NOT randomly generated and are given the exact same quests each time you explore certain areas because why else would you give us a list of missions to do?
    You know, before I even figured this out I was talking about how hunts should've been instances with a 24-72 man queue and your party would enter the now emptied zone where you can seek your monster. The someone was like, "That's Diadem" and you know what? They were right. We're not exploring, we're hunting.

You know, maybe I'm just expecting to much and overreacting, but when someone says exploring, I'm expecting to get the whole Christopher Columbus experience ok? Not...whatever this is.

So in mind of all that hooplah, I'd also like to know what do you think exploration can really be in this brand new mode? different? Fine the way it is? I'd like to know.

Oh, and feel free to challenge my view on this, I really fail to see the reason why this optional task bar even necessary for your exploration mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    The objectives list is 100% optional from what I understand. It's mainly for bonuses, and not like dungeon objectives which are mandatory
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorful View Post
    As I said before, it's entirely optional and exists to give players a goal for those who want a goal. Don't want to follow it? Don't, simple as that.
    The game is optio--the whole mode is optional

Look I see what you guys are saying, but think reeeaallly hard. If those options were not there we'd actually have more of a reason to "explore". These are new places for us, why spoil the adventure with side quests right at the very beginning!? Don't you want to be surprised? Challenged by unspeakable odds? If I seen a monster named Gigadeathtoyourface, I'd be scared s#%$less, but oh....the name is in the sidebar over there. Get it?

Some Common and Good/Arguable Points

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
    I think a better idea would be instead of giving us a to-do list. Give us a blank list that randomly fills in as the party explores, having the map be somewhat randomly generated. Come across a lake "Why not fish", a mining area, walk into a zone with monsters who ambush? Pop it up in the list now. Having a preset kinda ruins it cus you know what to expect.
    Oh thank god someone who gets it, I was ready to lose my friggen mind with this. Discovery and excitement is key in exploration. To know what your dealing with just lessens that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    If there were no side objectives people would have to go and explore yes. But later people whould've posted on the internet the best ways to get the best rewards and in the end, all groups would follow those guidelines. No matter how, people would find some guidelines to follow anyways.
    Good point, let me ask you this though. Have you ever played an adventure game and one day later decided, "I'm gonna look up the other things I can find in this game." Like as soon as the game came out? Well two words dude. Experience ruined. 60 dollar (or idk) game experience spoiled in about a week -clap- Maybe not a week per-say, but if you don't like to enjoy your game and savor the contents, the what your left with is the dessert (rewards) and that's ok. I for one, don't want to be spoiled the reward, I'd love to see what awaits in this place, not what I can and how-to get, thats the main dish imo....f%$#ing hungry now.

For those who will eventually post it on the internet, yeah it was bound to hapen, like hunts, they just want their items and worry less about content. Its just how they are and its ok for you to be too. "I'm just not your kind of people" -Garbage (why the band is named that, i don't even know)

Quote Originally Posted by kuma_aus View Post
    You have 90 minutes in the map. Take a look at the objective list again and you will see these are very basic objectives which can be done in a short amount of time. Slaying 8 mobs around A mob difficulty, constantly killing bosses to spawn treasure chests, find out one of these "white crystal" thingies and gather 16 items, fish 8 fish.

Say it takes you 30-50 minutes to do all of this, that still leaves 60-40 minutes of just exploring and doing what ever you and your party want to. Go explore if you want to, 90 minutes to clear that simple list is easy, and you only need to complete 3 stuff on it to get rewards.
    90 mins to complete right? Thats more than enough time to do all those things without the optional list. Otherwise it just feels like a chore with a time limit and less of a "you know what"

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    The list would be randomly generated and would show as such.

????
    ????
    ????
    ????

The first "Jewel fly" you kill would change you list to say

Kill 1/10 Jewel Flies
    ???
    ???
    ???

So it would update live.
    Nyao this would be pawsome! Srry, read too many cat puns
    No seriously, SE needs to hire this guy.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kurogaea; 11-09-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: updating responses

Player
    Character
    Fiona Greentear
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's their first step as Yoshida said. Let's have faith.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The objectives list is 100% optional from what I understand. It's mainly for bonuses, and not like dungeon objectives which are mandatory
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    As I said before, it's entirely optional and exists to give players a goal for those who want a goal. Don't want to follow it? Don't, simple as that.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mihael Blue
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    New area, different objectives, different monsters, different rewards, I'd call that exploration.

I'd rather a guide on how to get rewards beforehand rather than attempt 100-500 times to find out requirements because that's testing/grinding to me and definitely not exploration.
    (1)
    Exorcist of Oceania Core Empire <OCE> Oceanic Tonberry FC
    FC Thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309373-Oceania-Core-Empire-FC-Recruitment
    FFXIV Housing Club - Sharing and inspiring housing designs Come find us at https://ffxivhousingclub.wordpress.com/ & http://ffxivhousingclub.tumblr.com/

Player
    Character
    Raifu Kurogaea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorful View Post
    The game is optio--the whole mode is optional

Look I see what you guys are saying, but think reeeaallly hard. If those options were not there we'd actually have more of a reason to "explore". These are new places for us, why spoil the adventure with side quests right at the very beginning!? Don't you want to be surprised? Challenged by unspeakable odds? I seen a monster named Gigadeathtoyourface, I'd be scared s#%$less, but oh....the name is in the sidebar over there. Get it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raifu Kurogaea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MihaelB View Post
    New area, different objectives, different monsters, different rewards, I'd call that exploration.

I'd rather a guide on how to get rewards beforehand rather than attempt 100-500 times to find out requirements because that's testing/grinding to me and definitely not exploration.
    ....... W/e floats your boat dude.

Oh wait, you know the grind is still there right, just letting you know. its just a more "I know whats here" kinda deal.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kurogaea; 11-07-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurogaea View Post
    snip
    I get where you're coming from, but I disagree entirely. You talk like this sidebar shows a video of every little corner of the area, every boss, every monster, it does not. All it shows is a name, that's literally it. Are you going to tell me that it telling you to catch fish has ruined it for you now? What about harvesting items or examining crystals? Those doesn't change the sense of exploration in the slightest, and it's highly likely that the monsters on the sidebar are going to be common mobs, not the super rare Gigadeathtoyourface. These are not telling you where to find these mobs, so you're exploring to find them, "get it"? I think you need to reevaluate your entire post, people find a way to complain about literally everything don't they?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Mihael Blue
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurogaea View Post
    ....... W/e floats your boat dude.

Oh wait, you know the grind is still there right, just letting you know. its just a more "I know whats here" kinda deal.
    (5)
    Exorcist of Oceania Core Empire <OCE> Oceanic Tonberry FC
    FC Thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309373-Oceania-Core-Empire-FC-Recruitment
    FFXIV Housing Club - Sharing and inspiring housing designs Come find us at https://ffxivhousingclub.wordpress.com/ & http://ffxivhousingclub.tumblr.com/

Player
    Character
    Rexipher Evergrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    If there were no side objectives people would have to go and explore yes. But later people whould've posted on the internet the best ways to get the best rewards and in the end, all groups would follow those guidelines. No matter how, people would find some guidelines to follow anyways.
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast