Player
    Character
    Robas Kebas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

Patch 3.1 Information

This information was provided by the user jiroland on reddit for translating it so all credit to that person

This is just a copy and paste of the information for those that don't use reddit.

Apparently today an embargo has been lifted and Dengeki, 4gamer, Famitsu, Game Watch has all posted their interviews with Yoshida talking about 3.1.

Another FF14 news site has summed up most of the new information from all interviews above, and the translation is below:

Patch Notes
    • Patch Note reading scheduled for Nov 9th
    • If everything goes smoothly Preliminary Patch Notes will be out at Nov 6th (tomorrow!)

Main Scenario
    • The "Light" and "Darkness" in the patch title refers to three things : First, it refers to the grudges and boundary between men and dragons. Second, it refers to the darkness of Void Ark, and the bright adventures waiting on Diadem. Lastly it also refers to Warriors of Light and Darkness.
    • Starting from 3.X they want the players to be able to unlock Primal battles without having to progress through the story. However, Dungeons will still be included in the story.
    • About Krile's cat-eared hood, they still have many things to consider before implementing it as an equipment, such as how will it interact with Miqo'te's ears, and so on.

Ministrel Ballad : Thordan's Reign
    • You need coordination to be able to clear it. It is a bit similar to T9, and also will have a lot of gimmicks from 2.X EX Primals.
    Void Ark
    • Difficulty is set similar to World of Darkness.
    • Equipment reward's IL will be 'very useful for subjobs'.
    • They learned their lesson from LotA's FATE, so Void Ark will be very fast to unlock.
    • They are thinking about how to prevent players mass leaving in the middle of content (referring to how many Bards would left at WoD's 2nd boss, only aiming for the chestpiece), but it will be difficult.
    Four-man Dungeons
    • 3.1 Expert roulette will be composed by only the two new dungeons.
    • Neverreap and Fractal will become a new "Level 60 Dungeons" roulette.
    • High-level roulette will be renamed "Level 50 Dungeons".
    • The staffs perform final quality checks on Dungeons by playing roles they're not accustomed to, leading to situations like DPSes that only cares about their DPS, Tanks panicking because of that, casual healers, etc.
    • Regarding a hard four-man dungeons, it will be hard to implement as the burden on healer will be intensive. However, Yoshida wants to implement it, if just once.
    Airship Exploration
    • IL179 minimum.
    • If you have a high-ranked Airship, it'll be relatively easy to unlock Hard.
    • If you go from Ishgard instead, you will need to pay 700 gil per person. You will also be matched into Tank 1 Healer 2 DPS 5 party (no restriction for premade full parties).
    • Drop rate for Aetherial IL210 equipment : hunting continuously for 90 minutes straight will probably yield a few.
    • Difficulty only affects enemy's strength and drop rate.
    • You can obtain Grade V from the new crafted equipments requiring Diadem mats.
    • Next update scheduled at 3.3. 3.2 will focus on adjusting current content.
    Gold Saucer
    • Afro is exchanged for MGP.
    VanuVanu Beast Tribe Quests
    • The dance can be obtained from a quest.
    • There's also new dyes to obtain.
    Level 50 Dungeons
    • You'll gain more EXP for dungeons that take longer to finish (note : so probably Brayflox will give very little)
    Alexander
    • By the end of October, around half of active players have cleared Alex Normal.
    • Savage clear numbers are lower than expected.
    • They will keep an eye on clear numbers and if needed perform adjustments for Savage on 3.15.
    • For the next Alexander on 3.2, it'll probably not use the same Normal/Savage division.
    • Yoshida ideally want to implement Easy/Medium/Savage three- tiered difficulties, but on the other hand they are lacking the staff to implement that much.
    • Yoshida wants to implement a cross-world, raid-only, party finder system. However, it is still only an idea he have and no real work has been done on it.
    Job Adjustment
    • Paladin's main problem is the compatibility with current contents.
    • Adjustments will be made to address TP issues, but no adjustment will be made to Paladin's DPS.
    • They are aware that currently Clemency and Divine Veil do not have many uses in current content.
    Seal Rock
    • No adjustments will be made at 3.1. Adjustments will be made together with Wolves' Den II on 3.2
    3.2 Materia Changes
    • From 3.2 accessories from raids will be the strongest.
    VR
    • No plans to implement VR to the actual game, even though they did that VR Titan demo.
    (9)
    Last edited by Remus; 11-06-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Vayha Aero
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    Job Adjustment
    • Paladin's main problem is the compatibility with current contents.
    • Adjustments will be made to address TP issues, but no adjustment will be made to Paladin's DPS.
    • They are aware that currently Clemency and Divine Veil do not have many uses in current content.
    This right here is complete garbage. People aren't using DRK for the non-existent utility they have, they are using DRK because it has better DPS than the PLD. Guess I have to wait for the dmg formula change to tanks in 3.2 to see if I'll be going back to PLD or not.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Oooo yes, I want that Cat-Earred Hoodie. I see we'll still have only 2 dungeons for Expert....

Savage nerfs inbound >.>;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiza Auvec
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Patch Notes

Yay.

Main Scenerio

Kay.

Ministrel Ballad : Thordan's Reign

Never made it to Turn 9 but yay I guess.

Void Ark
    Bards were leaving? (never noticed)

Four-Man Dungeons
    Boo Expert Roulette not getting bigger, what the bloody hell would be in the "Level 60 Dungeons" if there are only 2? Harder 4 mans, hope they manage to get to that at some point.

Airship Exploration

And my scrub behind with ilvl160 something just screwed myself over. Also, yes I am bad.

Gold Saucer

Of course it will.

Vanu Vanu Beast Dailies

Kay.

Level 50 Dungeons
    Kay I guess?

Alexander
    Only thing that caught my eyes was "probably not use the same Normal/Savage division. Interesting.

My eyes glazed over for the rest so yeah. /shrugs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    About Krile's cat-eared hood, they still have many things to consider before implementing it as an equipment, such as how will it interact with Miqo'te's ears, and so on.
    Why not just put the ears in the ear slots?...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorful View Post
    Why not just put the ears in the ear slots?...
    Cuz then people would call that lazy. /sarcasm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zaknafein Do'urden
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    [*]3.1 Expert roulette will be composed by only the two new dungeons.
    This will probably not make many people happy.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Mature Rudlum
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    This sounds like a fan fiction list
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Acyd De'nacht
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    So are we going to have level 60 dungeon roulette AND expert roulette? I wouldn't mind that.
    (1)
    Acyd De'nacht

Jenova

Woe to the vanquished, mournful tear, glorious...Eternal King...Ah...Whom today we commemorate...I am the death of death.

Player
    Character
    Mizu Ka
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    Add Aetherochemical Research Facility to the expert roulette, would bring some much needed variety to the humdrum we currently have.

Thordan like Nael Van Hardass. Oh that should be a blast
    (3)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast