Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

(SpiritBond) (can I have it?) (Do you need it?)

Just curious if you folks have any tried & true methods for achieving SpiritBond quickly and efficiently.

Are you forming SpiritBond parties wearing low level gear? If so what is the best mob-level to player-level ratio?

Are you grinding open world mobs?

Grinding Leves? (This is what I've been doing...grinding level 20 leaves @ 5 stars on my lvl 34 Archer wearing lvl 1 gear...for 2 days...bond almost full.)

Does being Power-leveled dramatically increase SpiritBond rate?

At this point I am just trying to turn some lvl 1 gear into Materia to enhance some lvl 8 gear for my lvl 8 Pug.

Maybe I don't fully understand the whole concept but how am I supposed to get Materia for Lvl appropriate gear when I level much faster than the Spirit Bonds to the gear I am wearing?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.
    (2)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Atehki Mejastra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    If you can get into a r45 spiritbond party at one of the strongholds, then you can complete a few sets of armor in about an hour or two. Best thing i can suggest is investing in electrum rings to convert into materia. Maybe you are not made of gil but they should come cheap enough. If you get any Materia IV, they can sell for quite a lot, depending on what stats they increase. Also, if you are a goldsmith yourself, the rings will sell like crazy. Its the cheapest way to make IV materia. Just gotta be able to find the best way to get the most xp.
    (1)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    the way to get spirtbond fast is the same way as leveling up fast: Kill monsters faster.

And get that neckpiece that boosts spiritbond gain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Doing anything gets you spiritbind, I've noticed even getting 0 exp gets you it. I have capped out a few things by just spamming shards from all the fine sand I preordered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    Doing anything gets you spiritbind, I've noticed even getting 0 exp gets you it. I have capped out a few things by just spamming shards from all the fine sand I preordered.
    This is true. you dont actually need to gain EXP by spirit bonding. I've spiritbonded gear by making shards with fish too. no exp whatsoever. I haven't noticed it going a whole lot faster with getting high exp. I really thing its a per kill/per craft/per gather success rate.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Atehki Mejastra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Weird, i've gotten about 20+ materia just by taking MRD from 44-50.
    (0)

Community Rep
    We have received a lot of feedback regarding the rate of gaining spiritbond while leveling. Many players have stated that they're already ready to upgrade to their next set of gear before they reach 100% spiritbond.

In regards to this, we will be making adjustments to the amount of time it takes to gain spiritbond.

Also something to keep in mind, fighting lower level monsters (those under your optimal level range) will slow the rate of gaining spiritbond.

We will continue to look forward to more feedback!
    (39)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Although I guess we can't get the materia quest until level 18. We can't even decompose mateia before then can we?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We have received a lot of feedback regarding the rate of gaining spiritbond while leveling. Many players have stated that they're already ready to upgrade to their next set of gear before they reach 100% spiritbond.

In regards to this, we will be making adjustments to the amount of time it takes to gain spiritbond.
    Yay! My 1st ever Dev Response. Thank you for looking into this. I've been goin crazy trying to farm Materia for my low level classes. I prefer to not just buy them.
    (2)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post

Also something to keep in mind, fighting lower level monsters (those under your optimal level range) will slow the rate of gaining spiritbond.

We will continue to look forward to more feedback!

The rate isn't that bad while leveling, it is about 2-4 level to max each item. However, could you direct this to dev team that R50 crafters and gatherer are having a very hard time on gaining the sprite bond for their tool?

Main problem being that gathering at grade-5 node (highest) give them very very poor EXP. (grade-5 is good content for R34 gatherer, but we stuck with nothing more until R50 and now we can only gain very bad exp)

And crafters seriously need more raw materials to craft in this patch (very expensive) while gain very bad exp as reward. Leve are also no higher than R50.

I would say crafter at R50 gain spirit bond about 10 times slower than fighter at R50, while gatherer at R50gain spirit bond about 20 times slower than fighter at R50. This is serious issue.

(12)
    Last edited by Alise; 10-13-2011 at 04:09 PM.

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast