Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    The rate isn't that bad while leveling, it is about 2-4 level to max each item. However, could you direct this to dev team that R50 crafters and gatherer are having a very hard time on gaining the sprite bond for their tool?

Main problem being that gathering at grade-5 node (highest) give them very very poor EXP. (grade-5 is good content for R34 gatherer, but we stuck with nothing more until R50 and now we can only gain very bad exp)

And crafters seriously need more raw materials to craft in this patch (very expensive) while gain very bad exp as reward. Leve are also no higher than R50.

I would say crafter at R50 gain spirit bond about 10 times slower than fighter at R50, while gatherer at R50gain spirit bond about 20 times slower than fighter at R50. This is serious issue.

This is a very valid question, right now gathering XP is very poor, it really needs to be address not only for the sake of spiritbond but for the enjoyability of the DoL classes.

Nobody wants to spend hours and hours grinding away getting like this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    ... Its fine as it ism since its fast as hell on 50's. DoH and DoL are also fine...

.. putting Materia on low-level Gear which you wont wear at 50 doesnt make sense at all.
    Not everyone has lvl 50's to grind out SpiritBond with. The whole point of this thread is that it is extremely difficult for low levels and newbies to gain SpiritBond before they out level their gear. No one wants to still be wearing lvl 1 gear at level 12 because SPiritBond isn't full yet and if they upgrade their gear, they will never achieve full Bond.

As for the 2nd comment....low levels want (and need) to use Materia too.
    (2)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    I would say the teir of materia "Generally produced" by the item should determine how much SP is required to Spirit bond a item.

Although this raises issues with RMT flooding the market with low tier materia...hmm...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Davorok View Post
    Not everyone has lvl 50's to grind out SpiritBond with. The whole point of this thread is that it is extremely difficult for low levels and newbies to gain SpiritBond before they out level their gear. No one wants to still be wearing lvl 1 gear at level 12 because SPiritBond isn't full yet and if they upgrade their gear, they will never achieve full Bond.

As for the 2nd comment....low levels want (and need) to use Materia too.
    Aren't materia quests all level 18+? I don't think newbies necessarily need to be generating materia. I can't speak for level 20ish classes, but at level 30ish I generate spiritbond at a perfectly acceptable rate.
    (0)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HoolieWho View Post
    Aren't materia quests all level 18+? I don't think newbies necessarily need to be generating materia.
    Yes it's true you can't manufacture your own Materia till you get at least 1 Class to lvl 18 but after that you should be able to create Materia on all other classes starting from lvl 1.

I fail to grasp why anyone is against lvl 8 characters having Materia Enhanced gear. Why is there tier 1 Materia if we never get to use it? Yes, we can buy tier 1 Materia but a lot of peeps like to farm everything themselves ( I do anyway).

Is all tier 1 Materia expected to be grinded out by lvl 50's or will lvls 1-10, 10-20 and 20-30 be able to create their own and join in the fun?
    (0)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Gained 6 ranks in 4 hours on my CNJ44 (now 50) yesterday in a Spiritbind party, in the Strongholds.

It was fantastic fun, and I actually was able to contribute, rotating Stoneskin II, Shock Spikes II, Protect and Shell, and tossing out Curaga's and Cure II's when needed.

Was actually a great way to learn my class properly too, as there was a lot MP preservation needed, and much panic healing.

Tonnes of fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Davorok View Post
    I fail to grasp why anyone is against lvl 8 characters having Materia Enhanced gear. Why is there tier 1 Materia if we never get to use it? Yes, we can buy tier 1 Materia but a lot of peeps like to farm everything themselves ( I do anyway).
    I believe tier I materia are for gear up to level 30. It doesn't seem like you are supposed to start forming your own materia until you are 18+ at least. I personally am fine with that.
    (0)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolentDjango View Post
    Well, I'm trying to spirit bond my level 1 starting armor and I've taken two classes almost to level 10 and barely have 25% -- I wouldn't say its completely balanced. Low level gear should be able to hit spiritbond by the time you upgrade - -who wants to trounce around in starting gear for longer than they have to?
    I have this problem as well, my gear is not ready until 2~3 levels AFTER I should have switched armours (that also delays my next armours spiritbond, etc.)

I would much prefer if my gear was at 100% spiritbond 2~3 levels before I change gear than after.
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by BONKERS View Post
    Do I REALLY have to sit around to find a group of people in my own level range so we can PL so I can actually accomplish anything?
    Really, it just makes me feel like Solo'ing has been gimped.
    I agree to that too. :s
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Molly Millions
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Go to the strongholds for spirit bonding. I usually have to take about 3 sets of gear with me for a couple hours in the strongholds.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3